Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 12:36 AM       
>:
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 01:32 AM       
THE TOY IS OUT NOW. It looks pretty cool.

That was very funny. Well done.
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:14 AM       
Spoilers for those who havent seen it yet
Spoilers!
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 07:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
Just saw it tonight.

I hated it. One of the worst movies I've ever had the misfortune of watching. I understand I am in the minority here, but I honestly have no idea what anyone sees in this movie.
Hype is a powerful tool.

It was pretty mediocre. The camera jiggles were kind of a gimmick to draw you into a movie with an otherwise non-existent story and two-dimensional cast.

It was the film equivalent of cheetos: tasty, but utterly devoid of any value. And after I finish the bag I don't want any cheetos for another goddamn year.

I've never been a fan of big monster movies. I hated Godzilla. When the monster's that huge, there's no chance for suspense, and it's not scary in a "I'm gonna stalk my prey and eat them with my little mouth too" kind of way. I mean, I guess you could get stomped or chewed up by it, but it doesn't play on the human psyche the way other monsters do. You're just collateral damage of a flopping big fish in a small pond. Its predatory instincts, mental or physical, aren't dead set on you and your death. It's not going to wrap you up in a slimy cocoon or slowly digest you or eat your wife's brains. It has no reason to kill you. It's just... big. Imagine a movie about John Wayne Gacey, but instead of hunting you and slitting your throat, he grows 20 stories tall and steps on people. Sounds kinda stupid, huh? The characters are just monster food, and the plot is such: Make big monster. Big monster kills people and hits buildings. Try to kill monster. Can't. Damn! Loud noises.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 02:37 AM       
It was OC meets Godzilla - the US version. It was just plain bad. Horrible plot, pathetic pacing. Just bad, bad, bad...
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 12:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
It was OC meets Godzilla - the US version. It was just plain bad. Horrible plot, pathetic pacing. Just bad, bad, bad...
Now if only that Imogen Heap song would play every time someone got munched up, it might be worth another watch

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 05:00 PM       
the crappy part were the humans but i don't see any OC maybe cause i had never seen the OC

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Madface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 04:37 PM       
The OC is in the fact that all the human characters that the movie follows are total spoiled brat douchebags (except for Hud...I kinda liked Hud). I didn't give a damn when any of them died...including Hud unfortunately. You get to see the monster a considerable amount but sometimes the shots seemed rediculously fake. There were times when it felt mildly real but than a random shot would come along and I'd be say to myself "did Abrams just give up or did they run out of money?" My friend said it was pretty mind blowing after she saw it...but I just didn't fall in the way she did...there was some pricelessly funny shit but other than that little else.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:14 PM       
omg spoilers
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 01:18 AM       
MMMM...whatcha say.....
Mmmm...that you only meant well?
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 02:33 AM       
i don't understand how that monster moves