Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:15 PM       
Death panels, global warming, basically everything that you've written about. What's sad is that you're not intelligent enough to know when you don't make sense and you actually believe that you've convinced people of something.
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Death panels, global warming, .
TheLeader, Buddy, Pal.....

We've been over this before. Can you prove to me in an intelligent way (No caps lock rants, No questioning my comprehension abilities) that either of these things DO NOT (Death panels) or DO (Global Warming) exist?

Please. Go on. I'm all ears.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
TheLeader, Buddy, Pal.....

We've been over this before. Can you prove to me in an intelligent way (No caps lock rants, No questioning my comprehension abilities) that either of these things DO NOT exist?

Please. Go on. I'm all ears.
I'm quoting this to preserve it. The reason is because I never argued against global warming. You were the individual who claims it to be a hoax. You cannot even keep your story straight.

We have already gone over why the death panels don't exist. Methods used to choose who gets what care are needed so that more people get what they need. This has been how health care has always been handled and it is not intended to hurt people. Claiming that deciding who needs what is genocide is not logical. I suggest you re-read the proper thread.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:26 PM       
Oops, you caught your mistake. I wasn't sure if it was one because you seem to have a hard time keeping your stance straight.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:28 PM       
Quote:
We all know they cook the books. It's a fact of life. We have very high unemployment in this country with little or no manufacturing base. I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been talked about since the depression began.
Then show some solid facts to back this up. The numbers you are seeing come from various State departments of Job and Family Services, since unemployment benefits have been extended longer then the actual economic downturn has lasted (I was unemployed through most of it, so I would know this) the numbers don't need to be cooked. The 10% you are seeing is pretty much accurate.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:30 PM       
I don't think he comprehends what solid facts would actually be.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:37 PM       
The thing that pisses me off is I have relatives that lived through the real depression and calling this slightly uncomfortable economy a depression is an insult to what they went through. If Coolie thinks this is a depression, he will be sorely lacking in coping skills should an actual depression happen.

Here's some facts for you Coolie:

In the last 2 years, I have not once had to migrate from state to state looking at sign after sign saying "No employment here, move along drifters"

I have not had to save bacon grease as a substitute for lard.

I have not had difficulty finding food at stores.

I have not waited in one bread line.

I could go on, but I hope you get the point. When these things all start becoming part of our daily lives, then you can talk to me about a depression.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
I have a strange feeling you still don't understand the meaning of derivatives, speculative paper, instruments, toxic assets, etc etc.....lambs to the slaughter.
uh-uh! My IRA is a contract between me and my financial planner that has a value based on the assets within! :Cooli

Man that was sad. Now I regret doing it.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
The thing that pisses me off is I have relatives that lived through the real depression. If Coolie thinks this is a depression, he will be sorely lacking in coping skills should an actual depression happen.
I also don't think that history is a strong suite of his either.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
The thing that pisses me off is I have relatives that lived through the real depression and calling this slightly uncomfortable economy a depression is an insult to what they went through. If Coolie thinks this is a depression, he will be sorely lacking in coping skills should an actual depression happen.

Here's some facts for you Coolie:

In the last 2 years, I have not once had to migrate from state to state looking at sign after sign saying "No employment here, move along drifters"

I have not had to save bacon grease as a substitute for lard.

I have not had difficulty finding food at stores.

I have not waited in one bread line.

I could go on, but I hope you get the point. When these things all start becoming part of our daily lives, then you can talk to me about a depression.
Someone else understands.

I wasn't going to bring it up, since he already thinks I'm a fool, but I remember 21% inflation, COLA's, gas rationing and a near 50% drop in the DOW from 1050+ to the mid 570's. And this was the '70's.

And that wasn't a depression. There the Dow lost nearly 90% of its value over a 2 1/2 year period. My Dad and my Mom's parents had many stories about that time period.

It's all a matter of perspective.
You may already be there.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM       
He's young, though, so it's not his fault that he doesn't understand. Oh wait, I'm young too. I guess Coolie's just stupid.
Banned

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 07:51 PM       
Quote:
The financial crisis which struck the United States and the world in September and October 2008 was in fact a world a derivatives panic. This panic marked the first phase of a world economic depression caused by derivatives speculation. The second phase of this depression, which is now beginning, can also be attributed in large part to derivatives, since derivatives are the main tool being used in the speculative attacks on Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ireland, and other nations, building up towards a chaotic collapse of the euro.
^ This isn't difficult to comprehend.

Also....Peter Orzsag - Head of the Death Panel.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM       
No, it isn't difficult to comprehend. It is, however, difficult for you to comprehend other people and what they write. It is also difficult for you to comprehend what the difference between a recession and a depression is.
Banned

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:04 PM       
Quote:
No, it isn't difficult to comprehend. It is, however, difficult for you to comprehend other people and what they write. It is also difficult for you to comprehend what the difference between a recession and a depression is.
Ok, Shall we go to the dictionary then?

Quote:
Recession:

A significant decline in activity spread across the economy, lasting longer than a few months.It is visible in industrial production, employment, real income, and wholesale-retail trade. The technical indicator of a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth as measured by a country's GDP.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Recession
Quote:
Depression:

A severe and prolonged recession characterized by inefficient economic productivity, high unemployment, and falling price levels.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Depression
Quote:
The financial crisis which struck the United States and the world in September and October 2008
2008-2010 is more than a "FEW MONTHS".

Ahhh.....swoosh!
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM       
Yes, if you re-read the definitions you posted you would see that a recession must last for more than a few months. You just proved yourself wrong.
Banned

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM       
Quote:
Yes, if you re-read the definitions you posted you would see that a recession must last for more than a few months. You just proved yourself wrong.
2008-2010+ is a prolonged recession.

next.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:08 PM       
It could be considered that but it's far from severe. Of course you wouldn't know that because you aren't exactly aware of reality.
Banned

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:18 PM       
Quote:
It could be considered that but it's far from severe.
Far from severe? Have you read the news lately?

Do a search on "rising homeless", "tent cities", "bailouts", "foreclosures", "wage cuts", "falling standard of living", etc, etc...
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:20 PM       
Quote:
Do a search on "rising homeless", "tent cities", "bailouts", "foreclosures", "wage cuts", "falling standard of living", etc, etc...
Well you see Coolie, there are these things called books and studies. Some of them aren't online and they tell you a lot about the world. If we weren't going through a depression in the 70's then we aren't going through one now. Not that you would know about what I'm referring to because you weren't born yet.
Banned

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM       
Quote:
Well you see Coolie, there are these things called books and studies. Some of them aren't online and they tell you a lot about the world. If we weren't going through a depression in the 70's then we aren't going through one now. Not that you would know about what I'm referring to because you weren't born yet.

Was there trillions of dollars being used to bailout bankrupt investment houses in the 1970's???

Was there Free Trade Laws passed before the 1970's???

You cannot compare the 1970's dip to 1.5 QUADRILLION dollars worth of investment bank debts. No chance. No way. No how.

Next.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM       
No, you can't because things were even worse for people then than they are now.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:29 PM       
Quote:

Was there trillions of dollars being used to bailout bankrupt investment houses in the 1970's???

Was there Free Trade Laws passed before the 1970's???

You cannot compare the 1970's dip to 1.5 QUADRILLION dollars worth of investment bank debts. No chance. No way. No how.

Next.
Let's use Coolie logic to answer this.

If you allow for inflation that has happened in the 30 years since, and then apply those figures to the 70s, you would indeed see that the 70s were far worse than now

Check

And mate
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:30 PM       
Next.
Banned

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:34 PM       
Quote:
Let's use Coolie logic to answer this.

If you allow for inflation that has happened in the 30 years since, and then apply those figures to the 70s, you would indeed see that the 70s were far worse than now
And how much money was that? How much money was spent to kick start the economy in the 70's, exactly and what was it spent on?

answer please?
Is a RoboCop.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:35 PM       
You're a big boy, shouldn't you be able to figure it out on your own?