Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
i on a semi-regular basis(once a year at least) have a dream where i suddenly realize how to fly and i am always EXTREMELY dissapointed when i wake up
That means you are sleeping on your arms or that you lie perfectly still while you sleep.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 06:21 AM       
I was afraid that Ted Danson was still hiding in the unlit bar after the final episode of Cheers.

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 07:01 AM       
i never really had the nightmare about being in school with no clothes etx, but i have had the one about being in school with no shoes on before

anyway, actual phobias:

Milk. and cream. the stuff grosses me out for no real reason, and even thinking about it while seeing it for too long almost makes me dry wretch..

one million
Sebra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM       
I've had my fair share of shit that freaked me out growing up. Aliens, Satan, The slime guy from Ghost Writer, you name it. I've gotten over my fear of ghosts not too long ago. I was in the shower and turned around and the curtain rod was floating. I thought, "Hu...Wha...That's not spooky at all."

The one thing that still freaks me out is spiders.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 09:10 AM       
oh yeah, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds freaked me out as a kid as i had a dream where the fox girl was stuffed like the mother in psycho. easily the scariest dream i have ever had (or at least the aftermath of which when the them stong starts....)

Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 03:44 PM       
heights, snakes, dark & isolation, insanity, fear, bees, wasps, bears, cows, ferrets, illness, strangers, not knowing what to do, semi-trucks on the highway, small-town cops, crackheads, vagrants, wild dogs, raccoons, large flocks of birds, amusment park rides, rats....

i could go on and on.

the best thing tho, is head on confrontation of the fear. i had a pet snake, for example. picking it up was like... well, like jumping of a really tall bluff into a lake or whatever. quite the rush. it doesn't really cure me of the phobia, but it makes it more managable.

i never have the 'naked in public' anxiety dream. instead i get the 'i'm in a play and i have no clue what my lines are' dream. and the teeth one - i've had that too - tho it's REALLY rare that i have bad dreams. the worst tho is when you just have the fear. you don't know why, but you are terrified, and you try to scream or shout for help, but no sound comes out, and then you feel a rushing sensation, like falling, sort of, but not quite. it's really hard to describe, and probably different for different people, but they're called "night terrors" and they happen during a different part of the sleep cycle than normal dreams and nightmares. only ever had that once or twice tho.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 04:14 PM       
Why cows?
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 04:21 PM       
I have no phobias. Various bugs freak me out, but not enough to be a phobia.

I've known some people with kind of weird phobias...a girl I worked with freaked out at the insides of tomatoes, another had a major fish phobia.
I remember seeing a guy on telly with a major celery phobia - proper shat himself when presented with some.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 04:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Why cows?
i don't trust anything that big and that dumb.

i guess most of my list is about irrational distrust moreso than actual phobia, though. those things all make me nervous... the only one that makes me dizzy and sick is heights. even completely enclosed, like when i went to the top of the world trade center in NY, just walking up to the window, feeling the sway of the building... it was like being on a roller coaster. or when we got out and looked over the bridge at, um, i think it was the rio grande gorge... i ws doing ok til i realized that tiny little thing i could just make out was a truck at the bottom. the sudden realization of just how far down it was made me go pale, and i had to get off the bridge til my head cleared.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 04:59 PM       

I dont like these little guys too much either. but this is a nightcrawler, not a centipede. it is still just as scary in my book. the worst in my opinion is when you see those huge nasty-looking mosquito things I dunno what they are but they are CREEPY
gynecomastia
Moobs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix

i don't trust anything that big and that dumb.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale

I dont like these little guys too much either. but this is a nightcrawler, not a centipede.
uh...

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/node/107
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM       
I'm always afraid that if an elevator's cables snap, i'm fucked. Also, large spiders.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 07:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
instead i get the 'i'm in a play and i have no clue what my lines are' dream.
i occaisionally have those. i had one dream where my director decided to bring back a show we did in the past, but not have any rehersals for it and the show was to open in 5 minutes. another one was the director kept changing everything and making the show really elaborate, like that episode of family guy.
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM       
I once had a dream that my garage was being used as a roller-rink and it was dark with no lights so i could'nt tell who was skating with me, and when i stumbled out of it my uncle peeled his face off and was a strange woman. It was very scary.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 12:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale

I dont like these little guys too much either. but this is a nightcrawler, not a centipede. it is still just as scary in my book. the worst in my opinion is when you see those huge nasty-looking mosquito things I dunno what they are but they are CREEPY
nightcrawlers are those big worms you buy at gas stations you creep not centipedes
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 12:18 AM       
look up house centipede on google image search and all you'll get are those nasty fuckers.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 02:42 AM       
I heard that the teeth-falling-out dream means you grind your teeth in your sleep. I have them, too.

I also have dreams were my bed turns into a giant vat of cockroaches and other bugs, but that's because my little brother eats in my room and leaves crumbs in my bed

I'm afraid of the dark and heights, and am frightened by dead things if they surprise me or are falling apart. I can dissect a frog if I can make fun of it, but I'll never get used to the idea of kittens' heads sometimes falling off

Also, if I see something creepy at night it gives me a hard time falling asleep, like a spinning, laughing head or backwards-music.

[edit] what is a frong
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 02:50 AM       
I'm deathly DEATHLY afraid of bees, hornets, wasps, etc. and I've had a few nightmares recently where there are a bunch of bees around the house (not a huge swarm with mad buzzing, but probably about a hundred). I try to get rid of them by swatting or spraying, but they get BIGGER as I piss them off more. Eventually they get big enough to the point where I desperately start stabbing them one by one with a knife and that doesn't kill them, and they start buzzing more with the knife stuck in them up to the handle and I can see more of their features like their eyes and the veins or whatever on their wings and they get even bigger and angrier and I just freak out and lose all composure

And I had another dream where I was able to breathe fire. It was like your flying dreams where it's like "ohhhh that's how you do it". I had to take the biggest breath possible, and blow hard enough so that the air rushing from my mouth criss-crossed a few inches from my mouth and at the point where it flipped was where the flame started. It also gave me a weird kickback, where it actually felt like I was blowing into a vaccuum somehow.

That made no sense, but it made sense in my dream :/
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 03:03 AM       
wasps give me the creeps but they don't really really scare me i odnt like that they lay eggs in things and then the eggs hatch and eat from the inside like in Alien
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 04:20 AM       
Zombies. As a kid I frequently had nightmares about running very very slowly away from zombies. As I got older I had weapons such as shotguns to fight back at the zombies, but there were always too many of them and I would abandon fighting and start to slowly run away as in slow motion. I've always enjoyed zombie movies but for some reason they are the most frequent and worst nightmares I've had.

Also i've had many dreams which had me getting shot in the stomach.
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 04:57 AM       
Oh ya I also had this bizarre sequence of falling dreams that all happened within a week.

1. There is this giant concrete slide starting at the top of Griffith Observatory, and there are tons of people from all walks of life sliding on it. Girl scouts, nuns, you name it. It was probably about 30 feet wide. On my way down, there is a random guy who is stopped and is reading from a Reader's Digest. I swerve to avoid him, and sail over the edge, just barely missing some flagpoles I tried to grab on the way down.

2. I'm supposed to kill Lara Croft for some reason. We both start whacking each other with funnoodles in this small pond, but hers is more whip-like than mine. She stops and asks me to follow her up this long trail. At the top is a cabin overlooking a cliff with some ocean at the bottom, and there are a couple of mean-looking guys inside. I end up being pushed out of the cabin to my doom.

3. I'm riding my bike, and there's this guy chasing me in his car. I turn my head to see how close he is, and end up hitting this very specific RV that always parks on my street. I fly high into the air, and hit the ground. I remember thinking to myself while in mid-air "This is not a dream. This is real." Spooky.

4. I'm standing in the back of this very long line on a carpeted hallway floating in the middle of space, but there's still gravity. All of a sudden, people put their arms on the shoulders of the person in front of them, and start running like hell. I barely catch the waist of the person in front of me, and I hang on for dear life as I'm dragged on the red carpet. I eventually lose my grip and fall into nothingness after bouncing on the hallway a few times.
SUFFER is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:31 AM       
Im afraid of order and perfection
if everything is going right for too long I get suspicious
Im just used to dysfunction , so if it doenst appear every now and again I get nervous and wait for something fucked up to happen

im also afraid of familys that seem to be picture perfect
like those "leave it to beaver familys"
actually anyone in general who isnt a little off in some way kinda freaks me out , i always think theyre hiding something .
but then again i am from New Jersey
so im sure that may explain alot also
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 07:25 AM       
Cats, I have this fear of them going feral on my ass and just scratching and tearing away at my skin. When I was a little kid, I saw a woman with a cat and the cat stared at me then fucking pounced on this 5-year old and just scratch away at his face. That messed me up pretty bad I guess.

My neighbor's had a cat for a couple of years now, and it likes me and all, but I tried to pick it up once and it's claws popped out and he hissed at me, so I threw him so he wouldn't bite me. God.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 04:01 PM       
i have the agoraphobia