Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 02:05 PM       
Yahtzee has a rad hat and a silly voice.

I recently downloaded Rhythm Tengoku Gold for the DS. Best rhythm game in a long time, but I definitely want the English release, because I was clueless on some of these games until I saw them on youtube.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 02:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Come to think of it, Half Life sorta fits this quote. Are you sure I wasn't talking about that?

Ohh sick burn.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 02:41 PM       
I think it has a pretty funky soundtrack, though!
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 03:15 PM       
Persona 4 comes out in December.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM       
I just finished the port of Silent Hill Origins, I was surprised at it's quality both because it came from the Psp (I didn't realize the systems graphics were this good) and because the game was handled by an outside developer which gives me hope for five. Oh sure, they fucked up the aesthetics here and there

Spoilers!
and the storyline was also a little sophomoric, but otherwise I liked it a lot.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM       
SH0 deserves very little of the outrage it gets. I'm fairly certain that most of the assache over that game comes from SH purist who won't play anything that's been touched by filthy gaijin hands.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 05:00 PM       
I have no idea how anyone could be a PURIST who is OUTRAGED about anything in this series
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 09:24 PM       
Just completed Battlefield Bad Company. It's a good game, just a shame it's not on PC. I've gotten much better at using the control pad but it still feels clunky and inaccurate. With any luck a real Battlefield game will be announced for PC soon.

ADDED: One other thing about BC is is has some of the best audio I've experienced in a game. All the weapons sound perfect and the surround sound works really well.
has a woody
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Persona 4 comes out in December.
I can't wait for Persona 3.75! :D

But seriously though, I can't get pumped for P4. I know the updates are all cool (AI partners can be turned on/off when you need it, you can pick up characters when they fall, etc) but I'm not ready to devote another 80 hours to an RPG yet :U

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 08:51 PM       
I just tried the Turok demo. It was so much worse than I ever could have imagined.

I mean honestly, which genius came up with the idea of having the first 10 minutes of the game set in a can't-see-your-hand-infront-of-your-face-let-alone-the-hundreds-of-fucking-raptors dark cave with no flashlight.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM       
I started playing FFXI again for PC.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 05:03 PM       
Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Don't really like it so far. It's a bit to "consoley" what with the whole "oh this state looks like it's missing something, better go find the something then unlock a key with which you may open a door blah blah". The fighting and animation is good though.
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 05:16 PM       
I've been playing Kingdom of Loathing recently. I love the writing.
has a woody
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 12:48 AM       
Started up Trackmania United Forever. Forgot how fucking hard United was.

Also, MDK and MDK2 are sitting on my harddrive, waiting to be installed. I loved the Dreamcast demo of the second game, but never tried the first. Anyone know if they're any good? I'm in the mood for some third person action.

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:26 PM       
Motorstorm - Though I'm not a massive fan of racing games in general, I really like Motorstorm. It's kind of like Flatout's older brother. Though it is closer to a serious racing game it shares Flatout's sense of humor and desire to see other drivers destroyed in as spectacular ways as possible.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The co-op is pretty cool, but as a single-player shooter I have a few issues. Firstly that the game seems to take itself a little to seriously. The cut scenes seem to think they're re-telling an epic, film-like story but the fact is, it's really not very well written which detracts from the experience. The action is fine and there are a lot of nice touches but overall I feel games like Gears or War or the Half Life saga have more to offer.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 02:28 PM       
[quote=MetalMilitia;576509]

Resistance: Fall of Man - Firstly that the game seems to take itself a little to seriously. The cut scenes seem to think they're re-telling an epic, film-like story but the fact is, it's really not very well written which detracts from the experience. quote]

Worse than Brute Force?

"Ah, the thieves of thought" - talking about telapathic criminals.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 07:47 PM       
Origins has sent me on my tri-annual playthrough of the Silent Hill series, I'm doing them backwards so I've just finished four. Even though if you asked I'd probably say I hated it I don't think I've played any of the other games in the series as many times. There's something extremely appealing about the room part of the game that keeps me naively coming back. A bunch of bad game design choices keeps it from being really engaging though. This time I did notice something new.

Spoilers!

The other hauntings in the games are not as subtle and actually go as far as to physically harm you which is bullshit. There's so much to bitch about this game, maybe that's why I keep coming back to it.

Another thing I noticed this time through is that Henry has no friends, has pictures of a tourist town he visited a few times framed and plastered all over his personal space, and is also not sure if his shoes are his and if they are his they also came from Silent Hill.

Spoilers!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 08:03 PM       
He could just be a loser.

He does watch his neighbor shave her armpits, after all. And don't Silent Hill protagonists have this habit of being gigantic morons, anyway?

I rest my case.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Anyone know if they're any good? I'm in the mood for some third person action.
MDK is probably one of the fastest, smoothest third person action games I've played, right up there with Max Payne.
has a woody
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 02:36 AM       
Yea, I just jumped right into the sequel, just because I figured it'd have aged better. I really dig it so far, but I'm not crazy about playing as the Professor, mostly because I can't quite find a solid key configuration.

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:21 PM       
Having started my save file in March 2006 I finally finished Grandia 2 for Dreamcast today. Overall it was a pretty good game even though I don't quite remember some parts near the beginning.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM       
Silent Hill 3

It's like someone took everything that sucked about the first two games and kicked them in the ass.

I'm about thirty minutes in, out of bullets, completely lost, and surrounded by fucking meat monsters and split headed dogs

and I LOVE it

It's not what I'd refer to as "scary" yet in the same sense that the School, Sewer, or Hospital from SH1 were scary, but they really nailed the atmosphere. I just wish it had actual widescreen support, and that I could map more than one function to the same button.

MYSTERIES still arise now and then, like why Harry Mason is the only character in the series who doesn't seem to be worried about breaking a nail while bludgeoning shit.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Sep 2nd, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 10:22 PM       
Snatcher for Sega CD. So for I like what I see.
has a woody
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 11:27 PM       
Downloaded Bionic Commando Rearmed for PC this afternoon. Just got to the final level. Fuck yes, Hitler. Prepare for head explosions.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 11:27 PM       
So I was going to complain about SH3 re-treading old ground when it went back to Brookhaven Hospital from the second game. But then I got to the nightmare part and am not going to say that. I will ponder why I'm in this particular hospital, however, since I thought Alessa was kept in Alchemilla.

My only gripe at this point is how unsatisfying the melee combat is; in the original game I had a fucking great time running around with my firehammer SCHLUCKing monsters and watching them writhe around in pain, but every monster here seems to be made of wood and thus repels my weapon with an unsatisfying "click." The camera's not really a team player when I back up into a corner, either, but I'll write that off as intentional and necessary for dramatic tension.

Also, what the fuck was a giant morning star doing in the sewer?

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Sep 4th, 2008 at 01:12 AM.