Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:04 AM        Check this out.....
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=31827

Check out the anti-war/anti-American protester with the sign that says ..."We support our troops when they shoot their officers"....I think we all know what that was in reference to.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:14 AM       
Ronnie, what in the hell are you talking about? If there are any pictures to go along with this article, they certainly didn't load for me, and I sure as hell didn't see any mention of such a sign in the article itself.

But you know, assuming someone DID have a sign like that, it's a truly shitty sentiment for someone to have had about this war. Which puts it right on par with the majority of shitty sentiments YOU have expressed about the war right here in this forum.

I see no fundamental difference between your callous treatment of this war and this make-believe sign you claim to have seen. Both make me fucking sick.

You're not so much a good Christian as you are a disgusting son of a bitch.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:58 AM       
Awww. Poor Proto all upset that he was wrong about the war. You must have come to the realization that the left has lost the mass of it's power in a big way here in the last month.

Well, as Richard Ashcroft says......

"See you in the next one, have a good time."

p.s. Take a look at that link again to see my "make believe" sign.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:31 AM       
Ronnie tries to prove his point by pointing out one dumbass protest sign, take five.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:46 AM       
I think we all know that their has been more than one. This is just an example.

That's not that hard to figure out is it?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:09 PM       
Proto, the sign is real. sf.indymedia.org had it up on their site for weeks. They seemed, dare I say, PROUD of it!

I will say this in Ronnie's defense: From what I have heard from the major organizers of the protests right now, especially the Direct Action To Stop The War people, their represenatives and also their leader, Ying Sun of whatever his name was, they are either 1) uncaring about America or 2) very... VERY.. stupid. They had this one rep, a girl, on one of our local shows monday, and this girl was about as smart as a 7-year-old child. She could not argue anything, didn't have facts, and wow... was she vapid. That may fly out there on the left coast but not here in St. Louis. The anti-war people need better moutpieces if they want to try to gather any respect from the layperson.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:16 PM        Sign
I've been thinking about this one for a while. It could be a VERY poorly worded sarcastic sign.

It could have meant "Look, the US supports our troops who kill their own officers"
In other words, what dumbass thought it was a good idea to allow this man to be involved so directly in this particular war given his religious background.

Do I think that is the case? Not at all. I think it was someone trying to make a point with a very extreme statement. I also think it was in poor taste.
However, in general people need to think outside of the box more often.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:26 PM       
Be honest with yourselves.

How many Anti-Saddam signs have you seen at any recent war protest?

I think that sign was typical.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:29 PM       
The sign was made before the fragging incident. That's what makes it more eerie.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:31 PM        Sheesh
Okay.....what would the point of an Anti-Saddam sign be?

Does Saddam have any reason to care what Americans think?
Now, on the other hand does Bush have any reason to care what Americans think?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:35 PM       
Okay, I'm at work now and the picture with the sign loaded for me. I see that it is indeed real and it disgusts me to no end.

However, Ronnie, the point I made earlier remains. In fact, it is only STRENGTHENED now that I've seen that the sign is real. Your callous disregard for human life in this war makes you no better than the idiots holding up that foolish sign. I hold you both in equal contempt.

You're not so much a bad Christian as you are a bad person.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:40 PM        Ish
Zeb - wacky........in a bad way

People suck. Extremists come on both sides, and both have some nasty aspects to their personalities. This is an example of one extremist view.

And it is sick.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:58 PM       
Ronnie... seriously now... I can't speak for Proto. I found you callous, callow and repulsive WELL before this war began. Why would you think the way the war is going and your shallow analysis of it is the reason I find state tht I find you repugnant?

Come on, now. Surely you think I'm capable of disliking you for you. Say what you will about anyone else but you do know my feelings bout you're genuine, right? I mean, Ashcroft, Bush, Chenney, those guys I hte spciffically (or at least right now I do) in connection with the progress of this war. You? There's just so much more available about you to hte you for. Credit where credit is do. Don't sell yourself short. You suck all on your own.

Oh, and for the record? I don't care for that sign at all or anyone who'd carry it. But you've said some fairly repulsive crap yourself. I personally saw nothing even in that ballpark at the SF protest in February. I really liked "Mainstream White Guys against the War" and "Parents against dead children"

"How many Anti-Saddam signs have you seen at any recent war protest? "

I don't know, Nalds, at a Pro-life rally how many signs do you see that say "I have to admit, especially in cases of rape, incest and health threat to the mother, going through with the pregnancy is a terrible ordeal".

At a human rights rally, you might well see anti Saddam posters. I have certainly seen signs with lurid photographs critical of regimes which support torture, as many of our allies do. But at a Rally who's purpose is to protest American actions in this war, I doubt you'll see so many.

Vince... you're slipping. Ronnie is once again more objectionable than you. It was that "I hope to see more" bit. It was classic.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 02:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
I think we all know that their has been more than one. This is just an example.

That's not that hard to figure out is it?
Maybe you should start proofreading your own posts.