Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM       
The original gameboy was a testament to how powerful a marketing juggernaut Nintendo was in those days. You could have painted Nintendo on a dog turd and it would have sold a million units
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 06:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I could never play the gameboy. I remember when my step dad bought me a gameboy for Christmas and I returned it to the store, then used the money to buy some genesis games. He beat the crap out of me for that because I didn't appreciate what he got me, but the original gameboy was so shitty that it was worth a beating.
It's his fault for giving you the receipt for the damn gameboy.

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM       
Yeah, return policies were so relaxed back then also. I'm sure my 11 year old self could probably cry his way to getting it returned.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:57 AM       
So Nintendo's slashing the 3DS' price by $80 and the early adopters/idiots will be getting 20 free downloadable games for their trouble/idiocy. Some of them will be exclusive to those early adopters, though for how long, no one knows.

It's suddenly become easier for me to justify getting one of these, considering I don't even have a DS anymore.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM       
I'm one of the people who sees 3D as a fad/gimmick. Every time some new 3D technology comes out, every movie at the time gets made into 3D. Then it all but goes away for 10 years. No thanks, I'll wait for holograms, the true 3D.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:15 AM       
I actually think that this is how 3D is going to be best accomplished, with the two off-set interlaced displays. It's already in TVs now and doesn't require stupid glasses. All you need is a camera in the TV to judge a person's position and adjust the display and BOOM - you got cheap, easy 3D.

I won't debate the fad nature of it with ya. It's already been done to death.
The Glum Cunt
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:22 AM       
I might be biased because 3D gives me a headache, even with the glasses kind. The 3D tv's now suck because of the small viewing angle, and your proposed version would suck because it's only fitting to one person. The coolest feature of the 3D televisions is the ability to play split screen multiplayer on the same tv without the split screen. I haven't done it so I don't know how if that would bother my eyes or not.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM       
I actually want the 3ds to playportable street fighter REALLY bad, but since I wouldn't be caught dead with one in public, that kind of defeats the purpose of a handheld.

SUPER jealous of i-phone users playing street fighter with the virtual touchscreen arcade consoles displayed under the action
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM       
I've got the Street Fighter for the iPhone. It's tight.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 02:49 PM       
the volt version?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM       
Naw, the regular Street Fighter IV.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 04:50 AM       
i just want to know if you can fuck the 3ds
The Nun Eater is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 05:29 AM       
Sounds like a horrible food item though. I bet you could probably find assburgers in Wal-Mart.

Old Jul 30th, 2011, 05:31 AM       
WhiteRat
Beloved Cunt
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/image...ine=1251408702 Join Date: Oct 2004

Jul 30th, 2011, 03:50 AM

If you could, I probably wouldn't feel so bad about wasting $250 on mine. Especially with a $80 price cut in just a few more weeks.

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 07:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nun Eater View Post
WhiteRat
Beloved Cunt
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/image...ine=1251408702 Join Date: Oct 2004

Jul 30th, 2011, 03:50 AM

If you could, I probably wouldn't feel so bad about wasting $250 on mine. Especially with a $80 price cut in just a few more weeks.
I like your quote style. Also, you can fuck anything.
The Glum Cunt
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM       
I was wondering what was up with the quote he made too. A++
Old Jul 31st, 2011, 06:29 AM       
I was way to intoxicated to be on a forum. In my drunken blur I decided it would be easier to cut and copy than to press a simple button. Just goes to show you the good the comes from drinking.

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM       
Yeah, fantastic. Moving on immediately.

What the fuck is with the Kinect? I just got back from an all-nighter and this fucking guy brought his 360 and his Kinect, plugged them in, and kept trying to get other people to play. I didn't even know it existed, and I just googled it and found out that it's ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS

Is everyone in America pretty much committed to going full retard at this point? I seriously would have been less irritated if someone has rented a goddamned karaoke machine
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM       
I guess there are enough people out there who like Just Dance a whole lot.

I can't see myself buying one, if only because I don't have the required amount of space to set one up.

Did anyone take that guy up on his offer, or was it enough to see he had brought a Kinect to turn everyone against him?

The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM       
I wish the wii never came out because we'll be seeing a lot more of this kind of bullshit. I am tired of shaking a controller or trying to waggle something so that I can make someone on the screen do it. Give me a real controller and I can do that exact same thing but a lot easier and a lot faster. It doesn't put me in the game at all, it takes me out of it.
Ancient Mariner
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM       
A few people did, but it was awkward and they eventually stopped because no one else went near it
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:40 PM       

I'm only about 4 feet away from it.

It's pretty cool, I guess. I liked playing with it more than the Wii.

Also, a new game from the guy who made Panzer Dragoon is coming to the Kinect, as is the new Steel Batallion and Suda 51's Kinect game, which is obviously going to kick ass. Child of Eden is already out.

So these games, pretty much.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 07:50 PM       
Yay. You have to jump around to play. I sure hated being comfortable and relaxed while playing games.

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 07:59 PM       
It's Microsoft's way of keeping up with whats trendy without introducing a motion controller. I wish console producers would get back to upgrading core functions instead of constantly introducing the next gimmick to fatten there already overinflated pockets.