Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrsomething View Post
You know it pisses me off, that people are still blinded by nostalgia and don't accept that this show is 80 million times better then the original and more faithful to the original comics, though Fast Foreward and the recent season suck
Yeah, I really don't get it. Admittedly, I only saw one of the VHSs for the old series, but it seemed pretty off from the source material, from what I heard.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrsomething View Post
You know it pisses me off, that people are still blinded by nostalgia and don't accept that this show is 80 million times better then the original and more faithful to the original comics, though Fast Foreward and the recent season suck
You know what pisses me off, people that pretend to give a shit about the fact that TMNT was a comic book. Now, maybe you've got a longbox full of 'em, Durr. But, for those of us who didn't have that luxury, the original TMNT was the definitive version.

Now, I don't think the new show is anywhere near one of the worst cartoons ever, but 80 million times better than the original!?!? When the new show outlasts the run of the original, moves as much merchandise, or spawns movies that rake in cash, then you could argue it's maybe on par with it.

And besides, why the hell should any adult accept that a modern Saturday morning cartoon is better than one they grew up with? It's hard to really enjoy a show made for children when you're not a child.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 10:38 AM       
Again, Pacman, why must you equate success to quality?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 12:34 PM       
I'm flattered you follow my posts so closely. I have to ask, what's your formula for figuring out how good a Saturday morning cartoon is? Anyone who's sitting down with a pen and pad breaking these things down and not getting paid for it is doing it wrong. If you want to talk awards, there was no Emmy for cartoons during the original show's run and the new one has been overlooked I'm sure, not receiving so much as a nomination. I'm sure they've at least gotten nominated for an Annie Award- let me check. WHAT!? No? While successful (and apparently terrible) shows like Family Guy and SpongeBob Squarepants are multiple time winners! Pfft... stupid professional critics and stupider everybody else who watches these shows and buys their merchandise. Thank goodness there are anonymous forum visitors who are hard at work to correct these oversights.

In direct response to your statement: Why aren't the Detroit Lions successful? Because their players and coaches aren't quality.

EDIT: or whatever the Canadian Football League equivalent is. Matter of fact, let's just say that the reason the NFL is more successful than the CFL is because the NFL has higher quality play and players.

EDIT: or whatever the cheese, hockey, or Rush equivalent is.

Last edited by pac-man : Jan 12th, 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: mistaken about what Canadians give a shit about.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM       
I didnt know Canadians gave a shit about football. Isnt it all cheese and hockey up there?
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM       
cheese, hockey and Rush.