Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM       

I just remembered how great this console is :<
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 02:11 AM       
do any of you guys use n64 emulators?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 02:20 AM       
I did once, but it didn't work too well. For whatever reason it can't display 2.5D objects properly, and it's impossible to set your keyboard up to where it's as convenient as that crazy controller, and it runs really slow, and a bunch of other annoying shit. It's better to just buy games and actually play them on your N64.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 02:43 AM       
On the Xbox, bitch.

That's where emulation is at.
im me for e.z. hax :) !!
gimmidamonii is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 03:46 AM       
I tried Conker on N64Emu. Keyboard Nftw, in fact, ftL, when it comes to emulating consoles.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 03:59 AM       
I really wanted to play and beat ogre battle 64 for free :O
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 01:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
On the Xbox, bitch.

That's where emulation is at.
Ok SevenForce but not all of us are nerds who know how to install linux on our xboxes
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 04:21 AM       
Yeah, weeeeelll I'm laughing all the way to the full-speed emulation bank on this one.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 05:08 AM       
This needs more real N64 appreciation.

With boxes
http://www.rpgland.com/grimnir/some64boxes.jpg

Carts, some the same as above if not in box above.
http://www.rpgland.com/grimnir/some64carts.jpg

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
BANNED

Old Jun 14th, 2007, 05:10 AM       
so if you install linux on a system you can't play xbox games anymore, right?

does it just use a linux emulator that is superior to windows emulators? If i installed a copy of linux on my computer could it run the same emulator?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 05:28 AM       
No, you can still play xbox games.
BANNED

Old Jun 14th, 2007, 03:49 PM       
oh, awesome. so does it just use a linux emulator?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 05:05 PM       
Naw, it's a special version of linux that is built using microsoft's Xbox files. That's what allows you to keep playing the Xbox games. It's just Linux added onto the core.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 05:11 PM       
The N64. The one system everyone, their moms, and their family pets owned.

I have a lot of good memories of this system, most notably of the following games:

WCW/NWO Revenge
(Which really stood out as a superior game to the shit Akklame was putting out with the WWF games.)
Starcraft 64 (The first time I played I thought Overlords could attack and sent like, 20 of them against the enemy. Somehow I did better that game than my friend, who lives for that game.)
Star Fox 64 (The first N64 game I had.)
Smash Bros. (It never gets old. Well, until you play the other one.)
Diddy Kong Racing (For being the shittiest N64 game I played outside of Pokemon Snap)
Goldeneye (I'd play a Goldeneye tourney over Halo anytime.)
Turok (For suckinjg and being cool at the same time. The glitch in Rage Wars was so gay.)
Duke Nukem (Forever!)
Rainbow Six (For being another good port. Those games are fun in a realistic sense.)
Clayfighter 63 1/3 (For fucking up three franchises at once, something I'd have thought impossible.

j/k fuck them

Last edited by Angryhydralisk : Jun 14th, 2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: HAHA! I got post #64!!
BANNED

Old Jun 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM       
oh, that's cool :O

what i meant, though, is what kind of n64 emulator does it use? is it just a linux n64 emulator, or is it special? Could I just install linux and the emulator on my computer and get the same performance?

Have you tried ogre battle 64 on your n64 emulator?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 07:53 PM       
Well, it depends on how much RAM you have on your computer.

The XBox is a glorified computer, but it has far less processes running, so it's 64 MB of RAM can go a long way.

And most emulators are made using the illegal-to-distribute Xbox Dev Kit. It's native Xbox applications, no Linux involved.

And I haven't tried Ogre Battle. I need to hook everything back up so I can transfer files from the Comp. to the Xbox. It involves FTP and networks and all sorts of bass-ackwards jury-rigging to do it.
BANNED

Old Jun 14th, 2007, 09:25 PM       
oh damn that sucks :O

well if you ever test it let me know, I've always wanted to play that game and all the emulators ive tried run it like shit.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM       
I'll remember.
BANNED

Old Jun 15th, 2007, 04:08 AM       
thanks dude ;D
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 04:10 AM       
Were you thinking about modding your Xbox before this?

I would because there's not much use for an unmodded one what with the lack of support and the 360 being out.

Anyways, best cheat code ever; The code to unlock the Cadillac in Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.
BANNED

Old Jun 15th, 2007, 05:55 AM       
actually, yea, I had considered modding it since I don't really use it all that often. I kind of get worried about ruining it, though.

it would also be really cool to have a modded xbox :O
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 05:38 PM       
hahhaha, I bought Clayfighter 63 1/3. I thought it was cool.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 06:20 PM       
Next to Zelda, I played Quest 64 non fucking stop. I dont know why but that game was like heroine nintendo style to me.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 04:09 AM       
Don't bother modding the xbox soley for N64 because its buggy as hell and certain games wont run at all. Goldeneye as one example can't handle the frame rates for multiple explosions on a multiplayer match. You should just get an N64 with the original games since they dont seem to be expensive anymore. That's what I plan to do anyway.
BANNED

Old Jun 16th, 2007, 04:21 AM       
ah, alright, it probably wouldn't run ogre battle 64 ;o