Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 01:24 PM       
Is there anyone here who doesn't have something crazy about them?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 01:28 PM       
they wouldn't be very interesting

We're defined by our flaws. Even those of us who don't admit yet that we're flawed.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 01:30 PM       
Because we dont like to use it as a crutch.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM       
it's only a crutch if you let it be one.

I don't see anything wrong with being forthright by way of explanation. People around me know that I pull my hair when I'm stressed because I have OCD. People know that they're just going to have to wait a moment while I try the door 10 times to make sure it's locked, that sort of thing. And I put up with whatever their idiosyncrasy is.

Now, when I was in HS, there was a girl who parlayed simple OCD into prima donna-ism and I couldn't stand that. She claimed to be unable to start class until she had rearranged everything on the teacher's desk, and she'd burst into tears and run from the room if someone scooted a desk out of perfect alignment. I think a lot of what she was doing was attention-mongering.

I don't know what to say about Asperger's, except that it comes up a damn lot around here. And "Hi, I have Asperger's" is getting about as common here as "Hi, I'm new", so maybe people are transferring their feelings about that?

No idea.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 02:00 PM       
Well you can look at the symptoms of Aspergers and see that anybody between puberty and whatever-you-consider-adulthood can relate to such a thing.

And it's not like doctors are going to dismiss a chance to make money.

The immediate response to "I'm unhappy with my life" isn't "well what can you do to make positive changes," it's "we'll start you on 12mg of PaxilCR and see what happens."

I don't know, I'm a cynic.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 02:04 PM       
I have always refused meds because they flatline my imagination and I can't deal with that as someone who does art. I get along fine without meds. If it's really bugging the hell out of me whether an iron is unplugged or not when I'm gonna go on a trip, I throw the iron in the trunk. Can't very well be plugged in there. For a lot of non-destructive disorders, my personal opinion is that you can get by without meds.

Of course, if you're gonna harm yourself or someone else without meds, that's a whole different story.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 02:10 PM       
One of these guys I converse with from now and then, run into him at parties every now and then, but anyways he has Aspergers and he's really out of sorts. For one, he's a really big homosexual with the raspiest voice ever, don't want to know why but it's very disturbing. Secondly, he's constantly drinking Robitussin everyday and basically raping every intoxicated guy while listening to Boris or Megadeth. He has one of the most dry sense of humour I have ever encountered in anyone and is repeatedly abusing Robitussin while trying to tell his stale jokes. The "guy" is an anomaly to human existance but I can't hold to much against him though, guy has Asperger's.
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM       
I hope you dont think I was trying to point any fingers at you Kitsa. Thats not what I was getting at with that statement. It was more directed at the aspergers. Most people I have ever talked to with it have tried to use it as an excuse for some of the things they say or do.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM       
The guy sounds like a dick who uses an excuse anytime somebody calls him out for being a freak.

Also, in my limited experience with prescription meds, I am more likely to hurt myself on them. I have scars on my hands from when I was taking PaxilCR back in 2003/4.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 02:54 PM       
Nope, you stated a generality and I answered with a personal-experience generality. No worries
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 03:30 PM       
I think I might be plain old crazy.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 04:10 PM       
my back gets really sore sometimes.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 04:51 PM       
That too, I was in a car accident some years ago and my back and neck discs are bad. I can still function because I'm stubborn but it hurts a lot to do anything excessive: sports, dancing, rollerblading. I hate taking pain meds but I end up drinking instead which I've come to realize isn't a good answer.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 05:34 PM       
i've got bruce banner syndrome
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 05:38 PM       
stay golden pony boy
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 06:26 PM       
I'm a midget so, y'know, I can't reach stuff on shelves.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 06:48 PM       
true story, I really hate cotton balls and anything related to cotton FUCKING A LOT!!

I think it's bambakaphobia or something like that shit.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 06:51 PM       
Im a hamster ;_;
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 12:26 AM       
see, we're all fucked in our own special way.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 12:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
Im a hamster ;_;

Awwwww
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM       
So did we already scare off the new girl?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM       
She hasn't been back yet, but it's only been 3 days.
You may already be there.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 10:56 PM       
Who?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 11:34 PM       
CinnamonGrrlErin ... I think ...
You may already be there.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 12:40 AM       
i thought she said she wasn't new but it was a new username for her