Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 01:09 AM        what the fuck
Michael Bay

is in charge of the new Nightmare on Elm Street? Did I actually just see that commercial, or am I completely batfuck delusional? I DON'T UNDERSTAND MY SURROUNDINGS RIGHT NOW
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 01:14 AM       
okay I'm not crazy, but I'm still confused and I don't know why I'm the only person on earth who didn't know about this
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 01:41 AM       
SPOILER ALERT: freddy gets blown up in an explosion factory at the end
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 02:11 AM       
Willie, that's like a factory that makes explosions.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 02:13 AM       
that is exactly what i meant

AND IT EXPLODES
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 02:20 AM       
Michael Bay owns that factory, and his movies make a lot of money for it.
OH GOD
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 02:31 AM       
i wonder if he ever thought about franchising, i'd love to manage one
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 02:33 AM       
:O
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 05:42 AM       
Man oh man I hate Michael Bay. I wasn't even sure what he looked like until I saw an M&M advertisment with him as an anthropomorphic representation of an M&M.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM       
Michael Bays been behind most of the recent horror remakes. Also directed Meatloaf music videos, which I'd rather watch.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 07:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_rob View Post
Also directed Meatloaf music videos, which I'd rather watch.
My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I realized that.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 10:27 PM       
I don't hate michael bay, I just don't watch his movies. Love explosions, and action, and AMEAURICA to death, just don't like his movies that much. His movies are certainly much better than DEATH RACE or the 2 fast 2 SERIOUS franchise movies, so I can't say he's really bad or ruining anything.

That being said I think his style might gel well with the elm street theme. You are really holding them on too fucking high a pedestal to think he's not worthy of it.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 10:34 PM       
Not sure how the movie will turn out but I read that the makeup they use to make up the new freddy looks really good. So i guess that's one positive thing they did. atleast michael bay isn't directing it.
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 10:46 PM       
Don't seem to recall ever saying that he was 'unworthy'
. I certainly plan on watching it

However, nothing will change the fact that it is surprising and odd that Michael frigging Bay has up and decided to produce a reboot of Nightmare on Elm Street, and that I'm mostly surprised that I didn't hear about it earlier
Mocker
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 10:59 PM       
its not that surprising when you realize he produced the reboot to friday the 13th as well.

no matter what you think of his movies the guy is a genius at making money off of other people's intellectual properties.
Mocker
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM       
double post.
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 11:05 PM       
so when Rob Zombie only agreed to do Halloween 2 if he was given THE TOTAL CREATIVE CONTROL THAT HE DESERVED, does that mean he was really bitching about Michael Bay?
Mocker
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 11:08 PM       
not sure. maybe they just had his nuts in a tiny jar for the first halloween when ti came to creative control so he just wanted more freedom to do what he wanted (not that it helped since i heard halloween 2 was fairly bad)
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 11:14 PM       
I watched the second one, not the first

It was depressing, I remember when the Devil's Rejects come out and I (and all the other tools like me ) suddenly became convinced that he was going to start making enjoyable movies
Mocker
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 12:06 AM       
i loved the devil's rejects. it would be real nice if he made another movie that even came close to that one.

the first halloween he did wasn't terrible but you saw it all before. basically ever kill was a kill used from the original halloween. it was just an updated version more then a "remake" but didn't seem like rob zombie's vision or anything.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM       
Um, what? Did you miss all that awful shit with the redneck family and ugly little kid?

That was very funny. Well done.
C:enter:###
SLjimbolian is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 08:11 PM       
Supposedly he's directing an upcoming episode of CSI: Miami.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 10:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Don't seem to recall ever saying that he was 'unworthy'
. I certainly plan on watching it
I was responding to the perceived amount of Michael Bay hate in this thread, not necessarily your thread starting post.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 10:45 AM       
I don't hate Michael Bay or his work. I'd just rather not watch it. It certainly makes a lot of money, so somebody has to like it.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 07:41 PM       
You are a fan of the "Transformers" movies by him, Robo_Rob?