Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 11:31 AM        Playing politics with the NSA spy program
Yes, everybody is playing politics with it, on both sides, but I think the administration has decided since the SOTU that they would quite clearly use this issue to keep power. This tactic of course makes sense, since they have consistenly won on it, and the Democrats are too inept to respond to it.

But is this good policy? i know policy and politics are often complete opposites, but I'd like to hear from some of the conservatives on the board about it. What about the president waiting until an election year to inform LA that they may have been attacked? Should he have, I dunno, informed LA? From what I have read, there's very little evidence that the NSA even had a role in preventing that, and that most of these things surrounding LA were already public knowledge.

So why turn it into something it wasn't? Why have Karl Rove go out and announce to the world that the GOP would use national security as a political football, simply because they can?? Fear is the best way to get people to the polls, and the Dems certainly know that. But is President Bush really trying to " change the tone in our politics"???