Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 05:20 AM       
He needs to stop going to paranormal sites is what he needs hm doggie!
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM       
Last night, I dreamt that I was in the chorus of my high school production of Hello Dolly!, despite the fact that I had graduated from high school one year ago. I still auditioned and everything (it wasn't like I snuck in). We were giving the actual performance, but for some reason I suddenly forgot the entire dance routine which caused me to try to improv my moves which made me stand out horribly. I kept thinking "I must look like such an attention whore". After this went on for a bit, someone actually stopped the show, told me that I wasn't do so well, and I ought to just get off of the stage and leave the production. I seem to recall saying something rather snarky to him and obliged and then broke down crying outside.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 11:58 AM       
My mom said she had a dream last night that the dentist came to our (25 years ago) house to work on my bf's abscessed tooth. As he was working, the hygienist held a joint up to his mouth so he could smoke it.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 06:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Dude needs some Xanax.
It's actually not too bad of a disorder; it's really just nightmares, except I'm conscious. Whatever I might fear the most at the time, I'll see/hear it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
He needs to stop going to paranormal sites is what he needs hm doggie!
That would probably actually help. I tend to freak/stress myself out at night with paranormal and generally bizarre things.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 07:08 PM       
You should see a doctor or look for medication or something if it goes on for too long. Apparently it can be a sign of narcolepsy.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:00 AM       
Had a series of frustrating ones last night where I was working in some sort of old, courthouse-style building and had an overbearing female boss who looked like Mercedes Ruehl:

I was some sort of assistant or underling to her, really low status, and she only had time for me when she needed something from me. She'd go sailing through in her little tailored business suits, chatting and friendly to everyone, then suddenly serious to me when she gave me some command.

I remember at one point I was walking down a hallway with a fountain drink, not knowing that it was forbidden in that particular hallway, and she came down on me hard for it. And I cried.

Toward the end of the dream, she was acting fake-friendly to me and saying she needed my help. I said ok and we went off to find some sort of candy for her daughter to hand out at a piano recital. She was only interested in me in a candy-gathering aspect. I wanted to tell her that I'd worked in a piano store where they sold those slide-whistle lollipops and it was a disaster because kids left them stuck to the pianos, and she didn't want those (that's true, btw)...but I hadn't even gotten a few words out before she interrupted me to give some other order and walked off.

I remember hating her in the dream.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 04:42 AM       
I had one hell of a freaky one just now.

The boyfriend and I were watching some sort of movie. It wasn't an interactive movie exactly, the characters didn't seem to know we were there, but instead of sitting on a couch or something it was more like sitting in the middle of the action as it happened all around us.

The movie starred Bruce Willis as a man who had taken some job in a hotel, working for the owner (played by George Clooney). I can't remember exactly what he did, except that he was very high-status, wore a suit and was allowed full run of the hotel to do pretty much anything he wanted. Michelle Pfeiffer (I think that's who it was, or someone very like her) also worked for the hotel. It was also some high-status job and whatever she did, she was the richest woman in the world for doing it.

So as the movie goes on we see that Bruce Willis' character and Michelle Pfeiffer's character interacting more and more, and eventually it becomes obvious that they're having an affair. She's got a tiny baby, four or six weeks old, and he rides around in a motorcycle with the baby on a seat in front of him. When he's not doing that, they're meeting up in the ultraposh hotel pool and swimming together, usually with their business suits on.

One day as they're swimming, George Clooney walks in- he's on to the affair. He scolds them, reminding Bruce that she's the richest woman in the world and he shouldn't be riding around on his motorcycle with a baby flopping on the seat in front of him. However, the three inexplicably share a very gross 3-way kiss poolside, and now even though he disapproves he grudgingly allows them to continue.

Bruce asks for use of some sort of private "spring room" and gets permission. I was curious about the spring room, I thought it might be some other pool, so I was paying close attention as he was going back through the hotel. But we never got there. Partway through, the movie becomes more interactive and as I follow him I glance into a room. It's a hospital room, with an empty kid's bed that has a movie camera trained on it. I think I go in to look at it, and then suddenly it's the next day and I'm back. This time, a teddybear pokes its head out of a hiding spot and thanks me for coming the previous night. This freaks me out and I scurry down the hallway.

That's when the dream stopped being like a movie and started having a really dark, ominous tone. I was back with the bf, sitting in the middle of my grandmother's front yard for the next scene. It was fall and leaves were falling all around us, and we were watching a couple in casual clothes laughing and setting off firecrackers. Apparently they had just gotten married. I think Jimmy Fallon was playing the groom. Suddenly I had a feeling of dread, and I turned to the bf and said "This isn't going to end well, is it?"

He just kind of gave a "wait and see" laugh and said, "not for him". I saw Bruce Willis on the motorcycle coming and wondered what he was going to do to the couple, but then lost sight of him. Then everyone vanished. We were sitting alone in my grandmother's front yard, with the leaves still falling, and while we waited for something to happen he idly asked me if the leaves were moose leaves or elk leaves. (???)

There was a cardinal up in the tree chirping, and I watched it. The bf still had a smirk on his face as if something horrible was going to happen and he wanted to see what my reaction would be, so that intense feeling of dread was still going strong. I watched as the cardinal got lower and lower in the tree, and then it popped down a storm drain or sewer grate about 10 feet from us. Everything was quiet for a second.

Suddenly (god, still get goosebumps thinking about it), this hideous creature popped up out of the drain, just sort of congealing together through the metal bars of the grate. It was dressed in a yellow-orange labcoat and pants, and it had frizzy gray hair. One eye bulged out grotesquely and it was completely terrifying. I started to scream and run away, but the boyfriend stood up and said that now he was going to teach me the hand gestures for some sort of interpretive dance with it.

I didn't want anywhere near it, and I was trying to get away, but I was trapped between it and the boyfriend doing some sort of bizarre waltz in my grandmother's front yard. I don't remember the gestures other than periodic back-thumps, all I really felt was an overwhelming desire to get away from it. I have no idea what it was...looked almost like a scientist who had been melted in a lab accident. It was a really sinister creature.

Then I woke up, having no idea what the hell was going on around me.

Ugh, that was a bad one.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM       
Okay, this one was strange.

My dream started out where I was in a thrift shop, on some sort of detective business. It started out that the shop was run by Severus Snape, only he wasn't there. Just his wife and young daughter (yes, I know, not canon). I kept thinking that I had to sneak into the employees-only back room to find clues, but I was afraid I'd be caught. Then I noticed that other customers were sneaking in, so I did so as well. Apparently customers frequently snuck in back there to find the "good stuff" (stuff not put out for sale yet), even though they weren't supposed to (everyone was careful to duck under a window on a door when they passed).

I was poking around for clues, but then realized that I had no idea what I was looking for. I found a beautiful pendant shaped like a sun and decided to buy that, but as I bought it I saw that it somehow turned into a red velvet coin purse on a chain with a lion symbol in gold on it.

Sometime after, I met an employee there who was pretty good-looking and kept flirting with me. He started to tell me about some tests he had to take, the (I'm honestly not making this up) S.H.I.Ts. The letters apparently were supposed to stand for the different subjects the tests covered. He was taking a version that included English, so he was actually taking the S.H.I.T.Es. He also mentioned that he had a gravestone and was trying to figure out who it belonged to so that he could take the dead person's stuff and sell it. I couldn't understand what he meant, but when I asked him to explain he just sighed and acted like I was an idiot. As we went to leave the store, I noticed this beautiful silky red Chinests/Japanese dress that I desperately wanted. I went to try it on, but suddenly saw that it wasn't a full dress, just the length of a shirt with some gauzey stuff that came down further. Also, I somehow was wearing a silky green nightgown which I evidently had tried on earlier. I said "It isn't mine," and changed back into my own shirt.

When we left the store, I somehow turned into the audience (still in the action, like Kitsa's dream) and my part was taken over by Donna Noble (from Doctor Who). She and the guy started running joyously down the street and were going to go to his place. For some reason, as they ran, he chained off all of these abandoned buildings. As they ran past a Quiznos, Donna asked to stop and eat there since she loved that place. They went in and sat at a table together. The guy excused himself and Donna began to talk with Rose Tyler (again, Doctor Who, she just showed up now) about how she senses that the guy is actually sleezy.

I then cut to some thing where Tom from Tom and Jerry was having a dream that he was drowning as he was drowning in (dream) real life. In his sleep, he pushes some buttons on a control board and the water drains away into the Quiznos, which causes it to flood. Everyone runs out, with Donna angry that the guy wasn't there to help her. For some reason, the head of Pixar's there and decides to place his order rather than leave. As Donna leaves the Quiznos, she sees the guy on the phone. He seemingly runs to embrace her but actually runs past her to toady up to the head of Pixar.

Cut to what I believe was a funeral, as the head of Pixar apparently died in the flooded Quiznos. The guy is sad, Donna is disgusted with him, and Rose gets up to leave. Oh, and Rose somehow has turned into Betty from Archie Comics, only wearing a badly-fitting black wig.
beautiful freak
Aimless is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 11:20 AM       
I dreamt about Criss Angel all night :/

He took me and a group of his friends in a giant hummer limo around the town. He did a trick where he stuck his arm in my stomach, set off some fireworks, hung up on my mom when I was talking to her on the phone and demolished half of the rooftop of a building for one of his illusions.

It was fun. I have no idea why I like him so much, he's annoying but intriguing and very um.. simple. haha.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 08:14 AM       
Two nights ago, I dreamt that I was on some sort of a weird scavenger hunt/Easter Egg hunt with my brother and some friends. We went to my grandmother's house (which no one was in) and found an egg in the upper floor. Then I saw that she'd left us some other stuff, a box of chocolates among them. I wanted to take those along also, but some evil group was after us and we had to go.

Then things faded to black and back like we left and came back. In our absence, the bad guys came, took the chocolate and other stuff, and left. T_T
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 09:04 AM       
I notice I dream about my grandparents' houses a lot, and malls, and one house in particular I lived in from sixth grade to my early twenties.

I wonder if there's some "formative years" secret to what shows up in dreams.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 08:51 PM       
Do you like those places a lot? Or think about them a lot?
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 12:32 AM       
I fell asleep in class today, and had a dream where there was some disaster, don't know what, but I had the option of saving them and dying, or going by myself and them dying. When I did whatever it was, none of them were even grateful, and just kept going on without looking back at me, or even acknowledging my death. I woke up pretty deeply disturbed.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 03:30 AM       
that's how i feel every time i play left 4 dead
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 08:20 AM       
ZeldaQueen: Not necessarily. I've always had dreams about malls though.

Last night I had a dream that David Blaine was somehow controlling my life with mind-powers. I was living in some sort of shitty boardinghouse with wobbly staircases covered in orange and yellow shag carpet, and I kept tripping and falling on them. Finally he did some "illusion" in which he was suspended by his arms over a lake, and someone advised me to draw a circle around his shadow on the water to break the spell. I did, he fell in, it was awesome.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM       
Last night's was that there was this poor little waterlogged hummingbird on my driveway. I sheltered it so that it could dry off, but every time it got up and flying it tried to drink out of a cut on my hand, which was painful and sucked. So I was trying to shut it in a cabinet with a hummingbird feeder so it wouldn't come after my cuts anymore.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 04:33 PM       
Last night, I was being attacked by those giant spiders from Jumanji.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM       
I dreamed I had a red mohawk, and people bullied me.

So I took the chief bully's boyfriend and fucked him in a public toilet.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 05:21 PM       
One word: COBRAS
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
I dreamed I had a red mohawk, and people bullied me.

So I took the chief bully's boyfriend and fucked him in a public toilet.
I hope one day I have a girlfriend who bullies you.
Forum Virgin
dollpartz is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM       
While in bed I heard a loud creaking sound down the hall. But I wasn't awake ... my eyes were closed, and I couldn't move. I was alone in the house. The creaking was coming from the stairs down the hall..

Someone or something was descending the stairs. What's more, when it reached the landing at the front door it continued down the second flight to the basement. Then it turned and climbed up. I was listening very, very intently. Was there really someone there?

When it got to the top of stairs it turned and descended once more. This went on for some time. Up and down, up and down. Without pause ...louder than it should be ...

Suddenly I woke. That instant--that very instant--I heard a bang. It sounded like a foot struck one of the furnace vents in the hallway, across from the stairs. I've done this myself, so I know the sound. It was as if, I thought, it had been startled by me waking, and missed the top step, and slid into the vent.

Of course, now that I was awake I investigated but found no sign ...
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 09:51 PM       
I still have memories of a dream I had when I was a baby--or maybe I was a baby in the dream. I don't know. All I know is that either I really was a just-born swaddled in light blue textures, or I dreamed I was prior to the events that followed. Either way, it was certainly before I could speak. I think.

I'm inclined to believe the latter, as the dream consisted of a robot Bullwinkle chasing me around an abandoned Chuck E. Cheese, until I found the switch for the basement. A cartoonish trap door dropped into a staircase, which I followed down into a dead end. The last thing I remember was the terror in my heart and Mecha-Bullwinkle careening, slaloming toward me in an empty room, eyes red and angry like a vengeful God mixed with Judge Doom.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 09:20 AM       
I dreamed last night that I had a very devoted butler from Scotland.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 03:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Last night's was that there was this poor little waterlogged hummingbird on my driveway. I sheltered it so that it could dry off, but every time it got up and flying it tried to drink out of a cut on my hand, which was painful and sucked. So I was trying to shut it in a cabinet with a hummingbird feeder so it wouldn't come after my cuts anymore.
Sounds very symbolic.

A few nights ago, I dreamt that I was wandering through a forest with a group of other people, trying to find something missing/solve some sort of a mystery. At one point, I found a building that was supposed to be a museum. I entered the basement corridor through a window at ground level and freaked out when I saw an Anubus-like statue come to life and start to walk down the hallway. It somehow went right past me and continued after another kid in the group, who was farther down the hallway. I tacked the statue and it fell to the ground. The head came off and I saw that it was just an ordinary person, a museum employee in a costume.

Somehow I was then back in the woods and I walked to a large gnarled tree. It turned out that an elderly lady and her two shrewish daughters lived there. Much to my surprise, I realized that the daughters were my great aunts. They also looked exactly like the wicked foster sisters from "Titanic: The Animated Movie" (basically those were worse-drawn variations of the stepsisters from Cinderella). Their mother, who was old and ugly herself, seemed to recognize me as a relative and started going on some grumpy-yet-loveable old relative tirade about how I was probably there to borrow money and she wouldn't loan me any. I told her that wasn't the problem but that I had to borrow some sort of a stone/charm from her or her house would be taken away. She sort of got this defeated attitude and agreed to help me. Then I woke up.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 08:51 AM       
I dreamed that my friend Valerie came to wake me up this morning, and I was trying to ask her how she even knew where I lived, and she kept brushing me off to get me to get ready. Then when I was going to walk out the door, I called for her to come on so we can get to school, and she was saying how she had to stay there to get dinner started. It was pretty odd.