Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 09:15 AM        Rats leave S.S. Palin
I post this not because it's remarkable in any way, or has very much bearing on her as a... candidate, I guess, but because of the paper that it appears in.

The Boston Herald is the 'other' paper in Boston, ie. tabloid size, far right, working class, elitist hating. It's been that way my entire adult life.

"GOP vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin spent more than $51,000 in taxpayer funds to remodel the governor’s Anchorage office suite and spruce up her mansion and office in Juneau, a Herald review of expense records shows."
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 12:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank View Post
I post this not because it's remarkable in any way, or has very much bearing on her as a... candidate, I guess, but because of the paper that it appears in.

The Boston Herald is the 'other' paper in Boston, ie. tabloid size, far right, working class, elitist hating. It's been that way my entire adult life.

"GOP vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin spent more than $51,000 in taxpayer funds to remodel the governor’s Anchorage office suite and spruce up her mansion and office in Juneau, a Herald review of expense records shows."
Max, you are a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM       
I wish this was the end of her career in politics.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 05:10 PM       
McCain deserves to lose this election, he was playing to the lowest common denominator when he picked her and failed utterly to vet her. Even people i know who are hard core conservatives find his pick of palin insulting and are considering voting obama, or not voting at all.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 06:10 PM       
McCain didn't pick Palin, the Republican party picked her. McCain made the mistake of signing over his life to the Republican party. He never needed the money, I don't know why he did all this. Maybe his wife wanted to be first lady and made him do it.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM       
that's kind of my opinion about it cause it's look who do you want old guy who's acting like the other old guy and dummy face palin or obama and that devilish old son of a gun

i dont know it all seems like a joke to me.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM       
Quote:
This is funny, not because it's not true, but because being from Philly (home of the left-leaning Inquirer) the Globe always struck me as right-of-center, politically. Now I find out it's actually the liberal flagship of Boston. Who knew?

Quote:
And she also flew her kids to political events around the country, and charged their meals, rooms and event tickets to the Alaska governor's office (and hence, the taxpayers). She claimed the kids (aged 13 and 17) were on "official business" which meant in one instance, they drew the winning raffle ticket from a big bingo-mixing ball.

But if elected VP, she promises to clean up Washington of all this wasteful spending, just like she did in Juneau. :wink
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 10:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
McCain deserves to lose this election, he was playing to the lowest common denominator when he picked her and failed utterly to vet her.
I'd heard that McCain's aides actually tried to properly vet her, and found it nearly impossible because she refused to cooperate. It sounds surreal enough to be accurate; it certainly fits the "holier than thou" attitude she espouses during all her recent campaign appearances.

As to why (or even whether) he actually chose her, I do think it was his decision - it actually fits his "shoot-from-the-hip" mentality.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 12:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
As to why (or even whether) he actually chose her, I do think it was his decision - it actually fits his "shoot-from-the-hip" mentality.
Maybe I don't want to believe anyone would choose a person to be vp based on a... what was it? 4 hour meeting or some shit?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM       
There's always the 'bullet proof vest' theory, first coined when Nixon chose Agnew.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 01:21 PM       
Ah yes, I forgot all about that.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 05:35 PM       
I remember asking someone on campus how McCain even knew Palin to have her picked. I knew it was some bid to get Hilary supporters (even though Mrs. Clinton was telling everyone to switch to Obama). Somehow, I had this image of McCain flipping through a long list of various governers and Senators going "Nope. Nope. Nope. Hmm, is that one a woman? Maybe. Nope. Hey, Sarah Palin. She looks pretty good..."
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 06:07 PM       
I'm more cynical in that I think Palin was created top make dam sure another woman never gets this close to the White House again.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 2nd, 2008, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I'm more cynical in that I think Palin was created top make dam sure another woman never gets this close to the White House again.
Mm. On the other hand, Hilary did make up for a lot of the "women in the White House" damage, as far as she got. In some parallel world, I'm actually hoping that Obama chose Hilary as his VP and McCain still chose Palin. That way, we could watch Ms Clinton and Palin matching wits on the VP debates.

And of course, I was an idiot. They did make sure she was qualified. Before they chose her, they made absolutely certain that she couldn't pronounce "nuclear" properly.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Nov 2nd, 2008, 09:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Now there's an original point of view. Could be, could be ....
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 04:19 AM       
Yea but just at a glance you can tell that hillary is smarter and different than palin ;o
after enough bourbon ...
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM       
Another accidental bit of levity from our resident vice-presidential wordsmith.

Concerning Obama's stance on green-initiatives affecting the coal industry, at a rally in Ohio, Governor Palin offerred this "statement":

"And there must be something about San Francisco and he because it’s like I heard on Fox News today, it’s like a truth serum where when he’s there, he seems to be more candid, and remember it was there that he talked about, there you go, the bitter clingers, the cling-ons, all of us, I guess, you know holding on to religion and guns and, um, so something about he being there in San Francisco."

Anyone care to attempt to translate this into English?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 05:12 PM       
What the F was even the subject matter in that one?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Another accidental bit of levity from our resident vice-presidential wordsmith.

Concerning Obama's stance on green-initiatives affecting the coal industry, at a rally in Ohio, Governor Palin offerred this "statement":

"And there must be something about San Francisco and he because it’s like I heard on Fox News today, it’s like a truth serum where when he’s there, he seems to be more candid, and remember it was there that he talked about, there you go, the bitter clingers, the cling-ons, all of us, I guess, you know holding on to religion and guns and, um, so something about he being there in San Francisco."

Anyone care to attempt to translate this into English?

I really don't even know what's more entertaining here. That she gets her daily news from FOX NEWS or that she might be a relative of dan qauyle.

"Like I heard on Fox News Today" just made my list of badness.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 07:52 PM       
She's saying that when Barack Obama was in San Francisco, he said that the Klingons love their guns and religion.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 08:03 PM       
They also get to wear a non-starfleet-standard silver sash for no apparent reason. I don't know if Obama mentioned this.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM       
Obviously, shw was also pointing our how MASH's Corporal Klinger was bitter that he wasn't deemed crazy enough for a section 8 discharge, implying, of course that Obama is espousing an anti-military appeasement strategy in the Middle East.

Oh, she's a sly one, that Sarah-licious.

EDIT: I just realized that Starfleet HQ is located in San Francisco. It's all starting to make sense.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Nov 3rd, 2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Trek nerdness
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 10:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
She's saying that when Barack Obama was in San Francisco, he said that the Klingons love their guns and religion.
Oh.. That makes perfect sense. Today Im doing a Dr Boogie wright in for VP
Insane Writer
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Yea but just at a glance you can tell that hillary is smarter and different than palin ;o
I know. Hence why I'd love to see them debate. It would be hilarious.

And wow. That statement made zero sense. Almost as funny as her saying "Doggonit" during the VP debates (along with reviving Regan's "There you go again" bit)

And how would her HQ be in San Francisco? Isn't that city extremely liberal? Seemed to be when I was there...
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM       
I think what she was getting at was that since San Francisco seems to force you to tell the truth, it is imperative that she and McCain steer clear of that city.