Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 06:50 AM       
So I did see Karate Kid finally

Three things I noticed while watching it.

Jaden Smith is a clone of Will Smith. How he moves, speaks, looks, his mannerisms. They all reminded me of Will Smith.

Jackie Chan can actually do a serious roll. There were some nuances to his character that were interesting and he pulled off well. I admit I was surprised. They really only had one action scene for him to do, everything else was him acting. I wasn't expecting it.

This was the loosest use of the word remake I have ever seen. Names were different, setting was different. Only thing that was the same was a kid was picked on till a master of martial arts saved him and teaches him to defend himself and then they go to a tournament.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 09:13 AM       
I wasn't expecting Drag me to hell to be scary. Just a splatstick Raimi movie which is why I enjoyed in.

Regarding karate kid. I would love to see a sequel to the new karate kid and have Ralph Machio be the evil dojo master for the Cobra Kai.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 10:03 AM       

"Fear does not exist in this dojo."
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 03:44 PM       
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c8a...-ralph-macchio
Wax on fuck off
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 11:02 AM       
i finally saw toy story 3 and i have 4 things to say about it
1 i loved it great movie
2 the ending almost made me cry
3 don't watch it in 3d the effects are not impresive at all
Spoilers!

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 02:29 PM       
Actually the 3D in TS3 was really good. Day & Night in particular was great in 3D.

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 03:43 PM       
Something I don't like in this current batch of horror movies is the gratuitous animal torture. It just doesn't seem necessary.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 05:35 PM       
Shutter Island.

No, sir, I didn't like it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 05:48 PM       
What a shitty twist.

I talked to my friend that had seen it and bluffed so it'd seem like I did, like "oh that movie where blah blah blah but REALLY blah blah blah." She said "Yeah!"

Stupid. And I wanted to see it.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 07:00 PM       
There were a lot of little technical incongruities and historical inaccuracies (talking about what the North Koreans did during the war, for example, when the movie was set in the very early fifties) that just wore on me.

For the first 45 minutes or so, I felt like I was watching people reading a script. I mean, I could picture the script on the page as they were saying the lines; it seemed a little flat and contrived.

Also, I didn't think the twist was that big of a twist. Not long into it, it was sort of "ohhhh, okayyyy."
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 07:06 PM       
It's a bummer because I dig Scorsese something fierce. I even really like the Departed, which seemed to polarize a lot of people.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:13 PM       
I hadn't known that it was a Scorsese film going into it, and I remember being surprised that it came out of him. I was like, "Scorsese? Really?!?"
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:55 PM       
I don't know if I've ever seen a Scorsese film that I actually liked.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:58 PM       
King of Comedy?
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 09:12 PM       
I just watched Shutter Island. I like it. The end was a kind of a bummer but I still liked it.

Also watched The Book of Eli. Denzel kicked a lot of ass. Oldman as awesome as usual.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:33 AM       
it was kind of a typical plot though
Banned
alvinbell21 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 05:42 AM       
Watched 'The Spirit' last night, found myself wondering wtf was I thinking putting this on the queue. If you haven't seen it yet don't bother, there is plenty of hotness to go around (Scarlet Johansson, Eva Mendes, Jamie King)
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:32 AM       
I went to Karate Kid and spent most of it wandering back and forth from The A Team.

Neither of them were that bad, actually.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:27 PM       
Today was the first time in almost a month that I had time to watch a movie.
So I made it count, and watched two awesome classic 80s monster movies: The Boogens; and The Dark Power.

The covers to entice you to watch:
Spoilers!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:12 AM       

So fucking good.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:57 AM       
I got "Precious" in the mail but haven't watched it yet. I get the gist of it.

My streaming netflix queue is full of kickass documentaries but I never get a chance to watch them
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:58 AM       
Book Of Eli

Meh. The action sequences and the Falloutesque scenery were outstanding, but the story itself was kinda lame. I liked The Road better.
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM       
Oh yeah The Road was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY fucking better.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 08:38 PM       
I got roped into watching The Wolfman. A few interesting parts interspersed in a matrix of boring crap.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog