Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM        Mass Effect 3
Fuck Bioware.

AMIRITE?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:01 PM       
Bought it. Haven't played it yet.

WAS IT ALL AN ALIEN DREAMS?
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 11:56 PM       
SPOILERS

NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 12:56 AM       
omg

I'm replaying the second so that I can have a save file to import into the PC version. I have all but two of the squadmates and it's only taken 3 hours.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 06:47 AM       
Hm, I liked 3. Sure, the ending is total balls but did you really expect they were capable of living up to everyones expectations? Nah.

Up until the end, this would be my Goty so far...
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM       
I really want to like Mass Effect, I really do. I just don't know what it is about it that makes it impossible to enjoy the game. The combat is boring, I really hate the inventory system and the game seems sterile and gray, somehow. I like the dialogue system and the characters seem intresting, but playing the game just isn't fun. It took me six months to play the first half of ME1, and I can't find the motivation to continue. I would like to try ME 2 & 3, but i'm afraid it's the same boring shit as ME1.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:40 PM       
I loved the story and setting in the first game, and that's what made me want to keep going with it. The gameplay in 2 is a vast improvement over the first one. I don't know that 3 is exactly better than 2 in that regard, but it's definitely a progression of what they started shifting towards.

I just finished a big mission on Tuchanka, and I've read that it's pretty much a third of the way through the game. I like it a lot so far, but all of this bashing of the ending has me leery. I mean, I knew I'd be disappointed, but story is the main draw for me, so I was hoping they didn't fuck that part up.

Edit: And fuck you, EA. A fucking PROTHEAN is a DLC character? That's not a big enough deal to include as part of the main game? You have to squeeze even more money out of us? Fuck you.

That was very funny. Well done.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM       
I think EA/Bioware and I have different views of why I played Mass Effect. They thought I played it for action and bad writing. But I played it for cool characters and neat scenarios.

I get they're trying to attract Broseph Bob this time, but come on.

Also, included DLC in all this shit like preorders and toys and whatever is getting really lame.

Resident Chimp
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM       
The ending of ME3 seriously taints the entire series for me. It's that awful. I wasn't expecting something amazingly heroic, but I also wasn't expecting them to finish it off with some stupid Soprano's style ending that makes no sense and doesn't change no matter what choices you made.

I'm probably never going to buy another Bioware game again until it's been thoroughly vetted by the court of public opinion first. I thought that DA2 was an anomaly and figured they couldn't screw up Mass Effect, but I was wrong.

There's a video online showing someone editing a couple flags in one of the game's data files to enable the Prothean character in a regular version of the game, so the DLC thing was just a pure cash grab.

EDIT: Several major retailers are apparently dropping the price of the game already.

Bioware also has a post on their ME3 forums basically stating "we know you think the end of the game is bad, but please stop spamming our social media sites with complaints because it's... uh... ruining the end for other people."
has a woody
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 07:15 PM       
Spoiler, but a comparison of all the endings played at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA

First Deus Ex Yellow Version did this to me, now ME3

Resident Chimp
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 12:13 AM       
http://pixelatedgeek.com/2012/03/mas...ws-of-victory/
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 12:53 AM       
I'm just gonna avoid this thread until I beat the game. I'm supposed to go meet up with Quarians right away--finally. If the ending really is that horrible, I might just do what others seem to be considering and just not get anymore games from BioWare. It's a real shame, because they were my favorite game company for years.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM       
I think it´s about time I played Jade Empire again, I love that game
The Wolf
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 05:51 AM       
Done. That was...weird.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM       
Anyone Willing to put it in a spoiler for me?
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 12:19 PM       
On the Bioware forums, they have a post asking "Uh... please tell us how you would like the game to end..."

I'm almost convinced that they had no idea what to do, so they pulled a stunt like this so they can crowdsource the ending and then look like heroes when they "fix" it with some free DLC.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 09:13 PM       
Free.
has a woody
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Anyone Willing to put it in a spoiler for me?
You know the ending to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, where you have a big conflict, then you're in a room and you have to make a choice on how the game ends, then the game just kinda shows you some FMV and says "HMMMM INTERESTING CHOICE I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT"?

Take that, but add:

Spoilers!

I think the writers just gave up.

The Wolf
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 03:19 PM       
I definitely feel a bit cheated, but I'm not enraged by the ending. It could have and should have been much better, though.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 05:24 PM       
i own mass effect 2 but i've never played it might give it a go and make a lady shep

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Wolf
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 10:21 PM       
The more I think about it, the less incensed I am by that ending. I mean, the game itself was pretty awesome, and there were some reeeeally effective, touching moments. I loved Mordin's scene on Tuchanka.

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 01:11 AM       
My younger brother rang me up at 2am to complain about how awful the ending was; I wont be purchasing this game.

Mass Effect 1 was a good game to me, number 2 was a real disappointment, and it sounds like 3 is an improvement game play wise, but still not great.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 03:39 AM       
at the least they definitely improved the level of disappointment you can find in three
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 09:17 AM       
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 10:27 PM       
Big media outlets are picking up the story now, so the only press that the game has gotten since two days after it's release is "the end is really bad."

I really want Bioware to fix this