Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:05 PM        Dave Mustaine
Sucks. Fuck you megadeth for having such a terrible singer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HtSgM0F-oJk

That was very funny. Well done.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:25 PM       
Yea his voice is fucking terrible. He should have just stuck to shredding, imo. He's also quite the asshole when it comes to his band from what I understand.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:38 AM       
he's apparently found god and become a man of christ, as well as a huge pussy, who wants to get into the R&R Hall of Fame, among other things. He didn't boot Dissection off of their tour two years ago, that was their manager, but he openly refuses to tour with any satanic bands, claiming that as he a kid he was "inducted into the dark side by black magic etc.". The little bit of credibility he had has been abolished after i read the interview with him in this month's Decibel.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:42 PM       
juicy jay wears a megadeath shirt
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom View Post
he's apparently found god.
That happened a loooong time ago... like back in the Countdown to Extinction days.

What has always baffled me is why people care so much about the personal lives of musicians. All I care about is how the music sounds and couldn't care less about what religion the members are into or who they're dating or any other bullshit like that. Megadeth has always been better than Metallica without question, but both bands are way past their primes.

That being said, you'll be hard pressed to find a metal album as good as Rust In Peace.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2007, 09:51 PM       
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ce_For_All.jpg
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:44 PM       
Nopers, that one just doesn't compare to Rust In Peace. Plus, if you slow it down in a sound editing and listen to the solos, everything on the Megadeth album is precise as hell, whereas the Metallica one is sloppy as shit.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:34 AM       
Megadeth has always been better than metallica? I'm sorry, but when your lead singer sounds like complete shit, the entire band is pretty much fucked. I've never been a huge metallica fan, but they're much better than megadeth overall.

Oh, and master of puppets is a better album than rust in peace. Both bands do suck now though

That was very funny. Well done.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Megadeth has always been better than metallica? I'm sorry, but when your lead singer sounds like complete shit, the entire band is pretty much fucked. I've never been a huge metallica fan, but they're much better than megadeth overall.

Oh, and master of puppets is a better album than rust in peace. Both bands do suck now though

dead wrong. Rust in Peace IS one of the greatest thrash metal albums of all time. However, Ride the Lightning is up there as well, but it's silly to try to compare any Metallica song across their career in terms of complexity and technicality to any song from Rust in Peace. Dave may be a weiner, but that album is untouchable.
Official forum judge
Old May 18th, 2007, 04:27 PM       
Im not going to argue that Mustaine and Marty Friedman do better and more complex guitar solos than Kirk Hammet (who is pretty good, but I think is also overated and a lot of his solos sound forced or obligatory), but for me it isnt about the guitar solos. Just because Metallica doesn't have the most technically proficient musicians in the world doesnt mean that the quality and power of their sound is inferior (well, at least thats what I think). To me, precise and proficient does not always mean creative and emotional. I dont care for guitar and drum solos that scream "Technical masturbation", and are seemingly used for the sake of showing off. It's the fucking riffs, man.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2007, 04:14 AM       
I gotta agree with Zomboid. Master of Puppets is an absolute metal masterpiece, and kicks the ass of anything Metalica did before or after. I sadly can't say much on how it relates to Megadeth's music as I've never really followed them.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM       
I posted on a similar subject on another forum:

I think United Abominations sounds exactly like everything else Megadeth
has done before.

Same old riffs, same old vocals, the obligatory guitar solo. They haven't evolved as a band in decades. I guess that's why a lot of people like them but personally I feel as though I've already heard everything they have to offer and I'm not particularly interested in listening to more of the same.

You can say what you want about St. Anger and I don't personally think it was a very good album BUT at least Metallica attempted to do something new instead of rehashing the same old guitar riffs for the 100th time. A tactic which payed off when they were writing The Black Album and may pay off again the future. Who knows?
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM       
The Black album sucked. It killed Metallica for me, from the moment I heard it I immediately knew it was over for Metallica and have never bought another album from them since The Black album was released. Metallica is not the heavy metal Beatles, and I'd actually have to say the White album blows away the Black album.

Killing Is My Business is easily the best album released by either of these bands.
Official forum judge
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:37 PM       
Yeah going on to millions of record, achieve mainstream success in a genre that was generally is ignored by the masses (MOTLEY CRUE AND POISON DONT FUCKING COUNT AS REAL METAL SO SHUT UP), winning several grammys, and playing at that Freddy Mercury tribute concert really signalled of the end for Metallica
Official forum judge
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:37 PM       

Last edited by Girl Drink Drunk : May 28th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old May 29th, 2007, 01:17 AM       
The only good thing about Dave Mustaine is his signature Dean guitar. Jesus Christ it's beautiful.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2007, 02:32 AM       
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TwNIABdqB...related&search=

A crappy boring episode of a crappy boring show.

Evil ROMhacker
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:52 AM       
I did'nt say it ruined Metallica in the general sense, just that it ended them in my eyes. I really dont care how much money any particular album makes or whether its on MTV or famous or whatever. I only care if it sounds like a work of art to me. To my ears Black album sounds like a band straining to please as many people as possible while running out of good ideas. Had they changed their sound and pulled it off I might consider it growth, but this batch of songs just doesn't do anything for me and I was very disappointed in them coming off of And Justice For All, which at least has a few songs on it which were really able to move me.

Britney Spears sold millions, does that make her music artistically successful? Should we all be singing the praises of how great it is because she packed in the crowds? Celebrity/star power is worth nothing when we're discussing music. Its really about the music. All that other stuff is only important to children, posers, and accountants.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:14 PM       
http://slashedtodeth.com/

Official forum judge
Old May 30th, 2007, 12:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomb View Post
I did'nt say it ruined Metallica in the general sense, just that it ended them in my eyes. I really dont care how much money any particular album makes or whether its on MTV or famous or whatever. I only care if it sounds like a work of art to me. To my ears Black album sounds like a band straining to please as many people as possible while running out of good ideas. Had they changed their sound and pulled it off I might consider it growth, but this batch of songs just doesn't do anything for me and I was very disappointed in them coming off of And Justice For All, which at least has a few songs on it which were really able to move me.

Britney Spears sold millions, does that make her music artistically successful? Should we all be singing the praises of how great it is because she packed in the crowds? Celebrity/star power is worth nothing when we're discussing music. Its really about the music. All that other stuff is only important to children, posers, and accountants.
Having a considerable knowledge of music, I should have known better than to say that I totally agree with most of what you say, but I still liked the Black Album (though not nearly as much as the first four), and aside from Enter Sandman (which I hate), I think people make too much of a big deal out of this. I just enjoy it for what it is.
Evil ROMhacker
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:33 AM       
That's cool, we all like different things. Alot of the stuff I listen to would'nt even be considered music by most people