Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:39 AM        Vinyls and turntables
Recently I've been having the intense desire to get a turntable and LPs, anyone have any suggestions on turntables that are good and/or reasonably priced, or a place to get albums which won't scorch my tuition stricken pockets?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:12 AM       
eBay is a great place to get vinyl, depending on what you're looking for. I've gotten a few for less than 10 bucks.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM       
I have this morbid fear of ebay because many many people around me have been scammed by it. I know it's one of those old people things to say like "eBilling? are you sure there aren't little spyware pirates wanting to steal my eIdentity?" , but I also don't have a paypal account and I just prefer getting everything from amazon. I'm sure I'm gonna cave some day but at least for now I'm gonna stay off of it.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:50 PM       
Goodwill
Mocker
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:28 PM       
Yeah, I know the ones more in the city have good stuff. I went to one closer to my house and someone had just unloaded there Barbara Streisand collection, so there was like 3 boxes of Streisand records and the rest were Christmas compilations.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:35 PM       
the one near me has so much good classical
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:13 AM       
For a turntable, Technics is supposed to be a decent brand, if it even still exists. Radio Shack had decent stuff too, but that was back in the late 80's. In 1994, I tried to buy a record needle from them, and the clerk claimed they could no longer order them.

For cheap vinyl, try pawnshops, garage sales, or even classifieds in yer local paper. For good stuff, you may try record conventions if any are close to you. I would say "used record stores" but I can't even find a used CD store in my town.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 07:10 PM       
Every town should have a store that sells LPs. Hell, even Amazon sells them.