Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 03:09 AM        Synth/Midi Controller
Dear Ones With Knowledge That I Do Not Have,

First of all, let me say I'm new to the recording midi/synth game, so any advice/experience you have will be greatly appreciated. Now here is a quick run down.

I've played in bands growing up so I am not new to the music game, however, over the past year I've been growing quite a taste for electronic music. Industrial, 80s electro, some techno (not that bubble gum candy chewing sounding shit tho), odd indie rock, trance, and generally anything that sounds like that. Well here is my problem:

I'm looking into buying a midi controller that'll be able to be used with the various music programs I have for PC. Should I just get a keyboard midi style controller and edit my sounds with software to produce the sound I'm looking for? Or should I go in for the long haul and get a synth/midi controller that I can just transfer loops/sounds/etc from the device to the PC?

The creation of quality, original, and unique sound is very important to me. Also just as import is how well the device handles (software-wise and physically).

All I'm using this device for is to record layers of arrangements and sounds over loops and other projects. I won't be using this device for any live performances or anything like that.

I was looking at this device on the synth side and this device on the controller side. See the price difference? My budget is $1200, so the prices aren't really the issue here. I just need to know which way to go any why.

<3
Confused

PS IF YOU ARE A LURKER THAT KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND ARE READING THIS, PLEASE JUST MAKE A FUCKING ACCOUNT AND HELP A MATTJACK OUT.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:17 AM       
I would ask http://www.savedbytechnology.com/
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 01:19 PM       
GET A MICROKORG BRO