Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 07:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Damp Moose
It might have something to do with my having the minimum possible video card (Geforce 5700 FX).
Oblivion uses a huge number of shaders on everything. The FX series of cards are incapable of using more than a couple at once due to some architectual constraints. Could be that when you get hit by a fireball it creates a big heat hazy pixel shaded cloud which pushes your card too far.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 03:46 PM       
There's some mods out available for helping low end cards. Some of them just tweak settings, others might do things like turn off or simplify spell effects, however I saw one that was specifically for using higher settings on low end cards.

I'd reccomend searching the Mod Forum at www.elderscrolls.com or trying www.tessource.com maybe.

I might be wrong on the tessource url.
I had a low end card and ended up upgrading ;(
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 03:43 AM       
Pyramid Head - Adds Pyramid Head armour set and a new quest.

/boner
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 05:01 AM       
Can someone install that one and check it out? Screenshots too please :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 04:11 PM       
Hello? Is this thing on? SCREENSHOTS
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 05:38 PM       
im trying dag nabbit, there is a quest you gotta do before you get it

cant get past the seal of metatron

edit: found some screens, http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...ic=409854&st=0

Whiter than Alabaster
Old May 6th, 2006, 04:24 PM       
what kind of builds are you guys using?

this my my current one:

name: chekt
race: dark elf
sign: mage
class: shadowblade (custom)
-athletics
-blade
-alteration
-destruction
-illusion
-light armor
-sneak

i use a 10 second invisiblity spell to get multible 6x attack bonuses in fights against some enemies (ogres are great for this as they cant see you coming

havent had much luck playing as a warrior type character: any tips?

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2006, 04:39 PM       
Block then strafe behind them while hitting them as many times as possible. Get kal's weapon rebalance, it's extremely helpful for fighters.

I haven't played a stealth character yet, I have a woodelf prepared for it though.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old May 6th, 2006, 04:52 PM       
pity im playing the 360 version :/

yeah i love stealth characters in this game, mostly crap in direct fight situations

had a lot of fun with a pure mage character (default mage class, high elf)

might adapt the battlemage class or something for a warrior character

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:05 PM       
i have a lv 35 orc "wanderer" (custom)
blade
light armor (maxed)
armorer
alchemy (maxed)
destruction
speechcraft
security

strength is maxed out, other stats range from mid-60s to mid-70s

i have got:
a glass longsword with a 20 electric damage enchant (from the runestone in the kvatch oblivion gate)
a glass bow that deals 14 pts of each type of elemental damage + drains speed by 21 for 2 seconds (custom enchant)
that apron of adroitness or w/e that is as good as elven armor plus gives +9 to agi/int,
a "necklace of swords" that i found in some vampire lair, that gives 33% reflect damage and +25 to sword skill

and a bunch of other CRAP
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:59 PM       
This game is buttfuck easy. I'm primarilly a conjuror and so far I have been able to just summon a daedroth for every fight and go take a dump and wait for it to kill everything. Even if that failed I have like 10 blades that do 20 to 50 magic damage on hit, the arena champion light armor (Becoming arena champion took about 1 hour), and some wierd rings that are apparently worth about 5000g each, and 12,000g.

But its still really fun : (
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:19 AM       
The game is nowhere near that easy with OOO ;<
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:37 AM       
i kind of wish i could get JUST the creatures don't level with you bit from oscuros ;_;

and i know the "lite" one prob. lets you but i could not find a place where i could download it so again ;_;
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:06 AM       
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...owtopic=440759

come on willie it wasn't that hard
OH GOD
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:56 AM       
i guess the elderscrolls forum search does not like me or something cuz i tried it before and got nothing ;_;
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 07:44 PM       
I'm having a bit of touble trying to complete the quest to get the manor in Anvil.

I got both the skeletal hand and journal, got the dude from Imperial City to open the door, he took off afterward. I walk up to the skeleton, he talks, and it says I need to replace the hand. I figured I still had it in my inventory so I click on the bony dude. As it turns out, I don't have it and I don't think I sold it. That guy must've taken it when he ran off, so does anyone know where to find him after he runs away?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 08:38 AM       
No, he doesn't take it. I don't think you can even pick up the hand until its time to use it. And you can't sell it. If you go back up to the urn and it is still missing, you are fucked.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 01:20 PM       
Fuck. Maybe I dropped it back in the tavern.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:48 PM       
I still haven't completed this damn game, I like playing as stealthy characters but they keep getting too weak later in the game, I suck at levelling I guess, or I should exploit the system or something

OH GOD
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 11:41 PM       
the way its set up by default kind of penalizes you for picking main skills that you're actually gonna use and since the monsters level up with you, if you do it wrong they eventualaly get way too tough there are patches that change the way leveling works, but if you don't have the PC version that kind of doesn't help huh :/
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 11:51 PM       
That's why you should pick the skills you use most as minor skills, that way you get the bonuses when you level up. HOWEVER, if you don't put them as the major skills, the ones left as majors won't go up enough for you to level and thus no bonuses. Balance is key, as I found out in the hard way.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 01:28 AM       
My stealthy khajiit is pretty tough. I just jump over people and rain arrows on em.

That was very funny. Well done.
BANNED

Old Jun 5th, 2007, 02:15 AM       
I've always hated the elder scrolls leveling system. Good idea, but extremely poor implementation... that, and the extremely boring combat, is what makes me not play it. I do like archers and magic, though. Archers are really the only characters ive ever been able to play with for extended periods of time.
There's this new game out called Two Worlds that seems like it has an awesome archery system... gothic 3's looked kind of cool, too.

I liked that in elder scrolls three you could only get to like level 75 or something in your minor skills. Kind of helped with the balance, sort of not really.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 06:18 AM       
what if say, I had blade, light armour and block as majors (ie stuff that will actually keep me alive), and the rest as unused randoms, then played as a stealthy character?

would that be a good balance?

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 10:09 AM       
I'd say yeah.