Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:53 AM       
I'm torn.

I want the Cubs to lose, and badly, but I almost think it would be even more soul-crushing if they got all the way to Game 7 of the NLCS and lost, instead of getting destroyed in the first round by an inferior team.

Don't get me wrong; I'll take the latter if that's the way it turns out. As long as I can smell the bitter tears of Cubs fans from 300 miles away, I will be happy.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 03:14 AM       
Oh, c'mon, you didn't want to see their dreams dashed in the World Series by the Rays?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 06:51 AM       
How 'bout it - Both the Cubs and the Angels down 0-2 and their next 2 games are away. That's almost 200 regular season wins right there. Poof, gone.

And K-Rod blew a game. What are the odds?

5-game series' are a bitch.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Oct 4th, 2008 at 06:52 AM. Reason: accuracy
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM       
When jd drew hit one out of the park in the 9th that gave the sox a 7-5 lead last night, I jumped, bumped my chest and pointed my fingers at a dejected k-rod on the tv screen.

Tmw night, josh beckett, T.C.B.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
Oh, c'mon, you didn't want to see their dreams dashed in the World Series by the Rays?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
The Billy Goat curse was placed on the Cubs in 1945 when Billy Goat Tavern owner Billy Sianis was asked to leave a World Series game at Wrigley Field because his pet goat's odor was bothering other fans. He was outraged and placed a curse on the team saying there would never again be a World Series game played at Wrigley Field. The curse was immortalized in newspaper columns over the years, particularly by syndicated columnist Mike Royko, and gained widespread attention during the 2003 postseason when Fox played it up during the Cubs-Florida match-up in the National League Championship Series.
Therefore, the Cubs can never even GET to the World Series. They can never have the chance to win it. Like Moses was denied the Promised Land.

Oh, God, the thought of it fills me with such joy that I almost have a schadenfreudeboner.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM       
Come on, you bastards, SCORE A FEW RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 12:01 AM       
Well, that was a creative way to lose a game. Bases loaded, no outs and wind up with NO RUNS. Zero points for creativity guys. Start hitting and scoring and get out of Beertown with a victory tomorrow.

Nitwits.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM       
At least they got out of Milwaukee with the victory. Bring on the Dodgers!
say what now?
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 06:14 AM       
Damn, beckett didn't show up last sunday night. I'm accustomed to seeing him turn it up a notch in the postseason and that wasn't the case in game 3. At least they won last night and knocked off the 100-win Angels which is pretty unbelieveable. I wish the mvp candidate dustin pedroia would get something going. He had only 1 hit in the entire alds. If he gets his mojo back in the alcs, then they would be unstoppable. Its going to be an interesting one between the rays and the red sox as well as manny...oops I mean the dodgers and the phillies...
Oozes machismo
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 12:10 PM       
The Rays don't realize that they aren't supposed to be this good. It's gonna be a slugfest in the ALCS.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 03:53 PM       
I have to think that eventually the Rays will get that "we're not really supposed to be here" look in their eyes (deer in the headlights) and crash amazingly to the ground. So far, they've proven me wrong. We'll see how they fare against the Sox.
say what now?
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
The Rays don't realize that they aren't supposed to be this good. It's gonna be a slugfest in the ALCS.
When you say slugfest, did you mean by fist or by offense bat? I can't tell because both rays and red sox have been involved in numerous bench-clearing brawls between the two dating back to 2000. But if you meant by the offense bat, you're pretty much correct on that. Its always a home run derby between the two.
Oozes machismo
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 10:13 AM       
Hahaha... it could certainly go either way, but I meant slugfest at the plate. Anybody who throws a punch in this series has got to be a retard. Too much on the line to risk suspensions.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 08:30 PM       
Just Win Baby!
say what now?
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 07:15 AM       
Oh wow, rays and sox game last night sure was a slugfest, wasn't it, pac-man? It was an awesome pitching duel between dice-k and shields. Should sox win tonight with beckett pitching, the rays would be in a deep hole. They would have to face jon lester at fenway for game 3.
Oozes machismo
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 09:31 AM       
Hey, you can't f*ck with Dice-K. 7 shutout innings was certainly not what expected, but I don't see the Sox beating the Rays at the Trop twice in a row. It'll likely be 1-1 when things go back to Fenway.
Oozes machismo
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 01:36 AM       
Was tonight's game slugfesty enough for you, Geggy?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 09:45 PM       
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 09:45 PM       
Phils are getting their ass kicked.
say what now?
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 06:53 AM       
Yeah saturday night's game was more like it. Just an epic, hard-fought game. This year's ALCS is so far a historic one unless one of them steamroll the other in the next three games. Rays haven't fared all that well this season against jon lester, who has been progressively getting better every game. The sox destroyed rays' matt garza in his only outing at fenway this season. Should garza keep up with his pitching capabilities this afternoon, it could be anyone's game.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Hey Pac-Man - another slugfest, .... no wait, just a slug.

Sox down 1-2; home field advantage is a fleeting thing.
say what now?
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:21 PM       
Aww dangit. That was just nasty watching sox getting slapped around like that. Its the first time I feel like the rays could actually win the whole thing. They're just too good.
Oozes machismo
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM       
Celtics season is right around the corner.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM