Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 05:02 PM        Jesus is a decendent of King David?
How does that work? I thought he was "God's son". It's interesting how it says every major "Player" in the bible was of the same blood line.

Brought to you by, "More shit for angsty children to talk on the christian religion". Hur-ay

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 05:56 PM       
Read the Bible. There's a lot of begats and whatnot
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 06:26 PM       
I've read the bible, it just so happens everytime I do I get bored with it I just thought it was interesting since Joseph and Mary didn't "Fuck", or so they say! Also because apparantly the British noble lineage are all jewish Kings.

Sir Douglas Chapwire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:36 AM       
Since Joseph obviously didn't conceive Jesus, does that mean that Mary had a baby (Jesus) implanted in her outside of wedlock? She's a sinner! But wait, maybe Joseph and Mary weren't married...but that means they were living together IN SIN! She's a sinner!
BANNED

Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:57 AM       
The first chapter of John clearly states Jesus is Joseph and Mary's child, who are decendent of david. It recites the entire lineage.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 05:20 AM       
In Regurgitations 4:12 it's all explained. God gave Joseph the Divine Handjob, then He entered Mary while she wasn't looking.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:39 AM       
FS, your avatar makes that so much funnier
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:50 AM       
Joseph was part of David's bloodline. Jesus, being Joseph's "adopted" son, was part of the House of David. While not a direct blood relative, He still had claim to royal heratage.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:10 AM       
Do you think Joe was married to Mary all those years without even rooting her once?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:17 AM       
Jesus had brothers. Interesting, though. I always assumed (without really thinking about it) that Jesus was related to David via Mary. First, because she's his blood relative, and second, becuase Jews trace their lineage through Matralineal lines.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:41 AM       
But doesn't it follow the prerquisites of the classic greek hero mythology that Jesus be born poor, have to overcome trajedies, go on quests and all that, n'est-ce pas?

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 06:43 PM       
Dont forget that the Queen of Britain and shit are all decendents of Jesus. So is President bush by all standards. Hell, they are probably more Jesus than Jesus was.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:09 PM       
Jesus was a descendant of David because he was a Jew.
BANNED

Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:19 PM       
That kind of logic would relate me to you in some way, and that would be horrible.

Like I said, it traces the lineage..." David and his whore begat Saul, and saul begat some other fegat"
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:24 PM       
Biblical lineage relates everyone to each other, since everyone came from Adam and Eve. That's right, we're all distant relatives of this guy:

Sir Douglas Chapwire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:17 AM       
If Jesus had brothers (and presumably they weren't divine) then Mary wasn't a virgin after all.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:22 AM       
She was a virgin when Jesus was born, then she and Joseph had children (at least one, James) afterward.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:11 AM       
There is no difinitive proof that James was Jesus' brother. That coffin was proven to be from the wrong time period.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:53 AM       
The coffin isn't what I was thinking of, and Abcdsxx, the begats are certainly supposed to be a hell of a lot more significant than Jesus just being Jewish.

Surely some biblical scholar here knows wether the begats trace Davids line to Mary or Joseph?
BANNED

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:11 AM       
It says in the first chapter of John I think, but I don't feel like reading the bible right now.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:56 PM       
I think you're under estimating the significance Jews place on their lineage to King David. His shield became the star of david most religious Jews wear, etc.

If Jesus was a Rabbinical scholar of some sort he would have had been from the Cohenim tribe. Meaning he came from the exact blood line as every other Rabbi of the time. So it's a given that he was related to King David...and that' without trying to prove how legit the brother's story or any other story in the New Testament was. It's also the only sure historical way to trace Jesus back to King David without having to somewhat believe in Christianity or even Judaism itself.

I guess it's more fun to backflip your way to an answer then to just walk right up to it...
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:59 PM       
I gotta say, I think Coehn is a really good last name for Jesus. It beats the hell out of 'Of Nazareth' or 'Christ'.

But I'm pretty sure you are correct that the bible states that Jesus was a Cohenim.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:04 PM       
Something I never thought about was all the folks in the Bible who have English names. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John? Isn't it more likely that they were Moshe, Hershel, Shlomo, and Volf?
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:12 PM       
No, those are just the Jewish names you goyishe bastards like and so like bagels you stole them from us.

Bastards.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:13 PM       
HOW ABOUT BRIAN?