Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 01:54 PM       

Really, I always thought of it as Shakespearean. I wonder now, maybe it's just one horrible soap opera.

Last edited by Tadao : Nov 4th, 2009 at 02:34 PM.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:00 PM       
Depends on which opera- I like French and Italian stuff and some Austrian, but Wagner irritates me to no end. My vocal coach in college was a Wagnerian soprano and I got all the Wagner I could take and then some.

All operas are basically the same. Someone falls in love and someone dies. There are a few exceptions but that's most of 'em.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:02 PM       
I like Steinbeck novels, so I think I'll like them.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:11 PM       
Make sure to yell bravissimo any time there's a pause in the show.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM       
and you only yell "bravo" at guys. You yell "brava" to girls. That or "show us your tits".
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM       
I suppose I'd have to dress nice too.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:30 PM       
depends. Some opera crowds find it droll to dress down. Lots of opera-in-the-park is like that. The Arena in Verona is like that. But if you're going to a major city in a big specifically-for-opera space, yeah, you'd probably have to dress up. People dress to be seen at productions like that.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM       
At most operas I've been to, they show subtitles from a screen hanging over the stage.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 03:38 PM       
I'm sure it's much more beautiful if you understand the language. Besides, I'd hate to have to take my eyes away to read words.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Besides, I'd hate to have to take my eyes away to read words.
I'm encountering that problem watching Kurosawa movies.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Happy belated birthday DWP. It was thursday right? How was it?
Thursday, yep. It was aight...me and some friends got a few hotel rooms and two 30 packs of beer, half of which ended up scattered around the hotel pool.
I cleaned up most of them, not wanting to get kicked out by the nice hindi people that ran it and cause a scene.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM       
SLEEP PROBLEM UPDATE:

Benadryl fixed my wagon on monday; I fell asleep before 11 PM trying to stay awake for Colbert. Shit's unheard of. I missed him, but it was worth it.

THE PROBLEM is that I had to take ten of the fuckers to get the sleep-aid effect, and there are something like only 40 pills in each box. It was kid's benadryl, and I assumed that meant just chewable tablets, but they might also have just been weaker. I dunno.

I also went back to not sleeping last night so I guess this is going to be an everyday thing. Here's hoping it doesn't get expensive!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 09:26 PM       
dat stomach lining

i have a new ritual that started when i got my casein protein - casein metabolizes slowly, so you're supposed to take it before bed. So, i warm up a half cup of milk and then mix the powder in. Unlike my whey protein shakes, the casein is DELICIOUS and tastes like gooey melted brownies. Then I turn on the heater and get under 3 thin layers.

It still takes me forever to get to sleep, but I think it's a slight improvement.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM       
Pfft, you can live without a stomach.

Plus I don't think it actually causes ulcers or whatever, since a lot of people use it as a sleep aid / horrifying psychoactive drug without problems

VINNIE TODD BUTTAFUOCO swears by it when his Ambien tolerance gets too high. This is actually a bigger problem than I'm making it out to be, so I should probably get a prescription.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM       
man i'm high and captain beefheart just read me your post three times now.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM       

Goddamnit, Rankeri, that was funny.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 12:23 AM       
Every mode of public transportation should be more like ferries

Arcades, gift shops, cafeterias, smoking decks, all that great shit
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 12:44 AM       
Like planes or buses. There's space for all that shit.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 01:59 AM       
There could be. There could be.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 02:05 AM       
The most I see on a bus is a vending machine.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 02:09 AM       
One that serves cigarettes.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 02:34 AM       
My busses just have crazy people who chat me up about irrelevant shit until I get so uncomfortable that I pretend it's my stop and get off to get away from them.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 09:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
My busses just have crazy people who chat me up about irrelevant shit until I get so uncomfortable that I pretend it's my stop and get off to get away from them.
Damnit this happens to me nearly every day. There are so many nutters out there and they all catch my bus.

There's this one guy that has really, really bad balance. I don't know if he has ear problems or something, but the bus always seems to take off before he has a chance to sit down and he goes flying around the place. He's always got too much baggage, too. And facial tics.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 10:19 AM       
that's what mp3 players/headphones are for. i take my ipod everywhere, even when i forget to charge it i still pretend i'm listening to something works awesomely

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 10:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
even when i forget to charge it i still pretend i'm listening to something
Not sure but I think this qualifies you as one of the "nutters".