Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

JeefGyle is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 05:41 AM        Pirate Radio
Right now I've got this internet radio station going, but I want to hook up an actual broadcast through the airwaves. I know a guy that knows how to hook it up, and can get me all the stuff for it, because last year he had his own station.

Problem is, the reason he doesn't have one anymore is because he got caught. The reason was because he was giving out his cell phone number on the air, and it got him caught real fast. All he got was a slap on the wrist, and is almost off probation.

I want to do this, but I was wondering the risk involved is if I was smart enough not to say my name, anyone elses name, or give out a cell number or anything. How easy is it to get caught, and what can happen to me?
mubert is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 05:43 AM       
just do it, for fucks sake. why are you asking us? as you can see, the forum is populated by retards who can barely form coherent sentences, much less help you make a viable decision that could break the law. I wouldnt trust them with a sharp comb, much less a shot at prison. I hope this makes you think about what you just said.
Captain Goodtimes is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 05:45 AM       
If you have such a contempt for this forum LEAVE. No one really has the hots for you anyways

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 05:50 AM       
u shuodl watch the movie [link=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100436/]Pump Up The Volume[/link] w/ chirstian slater its got loads of helfpul pirate radio tips
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 02:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mubert
the forum is populated by retards who can barely form coherent sentences, much less help you make a viable decision that could break the law.
For the most part you're right. The boards are filled with idiots, but there are some pretty smart people on here too. And it's not like I'm going to read the advice without reading who is posting it. I know a lot of the people on here that I'd be willing to take advice on.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 02:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mubert
just do it, for fucks sake. why are you asking us? as you can see, the forum is populated by retards who can barely form coherent sentences, much less help you make a viable decision that could break the law. I wouldnt trust them with a sharp comb, much less a shot at prison. I hope this makes you think about what you just said.
mubert

Today's Date: 18 Jul 2004
Pancakes is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 04:51 PM       
mubert im gonan do this to yuo!

ok play these :*
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 04:57 PM       
mulbert is an i-mockery expert by now HES BEEN HERE SINCE COOKING WITH POPINSKI GUYS HE JUST NEVER JOINED IN ON THE CONVERSATIONS

Pump Up the Volume is jesus
Pancakes is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 05:02 PM       
hay u giev respect u get respetc thas what mom always says

ok play these :*
Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 08:05 PM       
I like Pump up the Volume so much it is one of my intrests on LiveJournal.

That girl in it is such a Wynnona Ryder wanna be it's LOL.

mubert is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 01:17 AM       
its too bad that i didnt join the forum earlier. it would have made my opinion a LOT more valuable. BTW, I never said I wasnt a retard. I'll say it right now. Im a retard. Wack off to that one.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 06:05 AM       
Dont know how it works over there, but over here its very easy to track down a pirate station, and the police can confiscate any equipment they like. Most pirate stations here just move around a lot...if you keep your transmitter in the same place for long enough, they will find it. If you get caught working for a pirate here no radio station is legally allowed to employ you for 5 years.
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 01:33 AM       
I'm not planning on working for a station though. What are the legal consequences of it?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 01:42 AM       
JAIL TIME BABY
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 03:20 AM       
Quote:
I'm not planning on working for a station though. What are the legal consequences of it?
um....what are normally the consequences for doing an illegal act??
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 02:37 PM       
Why the fuck would you want to spend money on radio equipment that will get you busted. Paying money to commit a crime is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.
OH GOD
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 08:18 PM       
what about paying for hookers achimp
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 08:38 PM       
You're at least getting something out of it when you pay for hookers. With pirate radio, you're just giving stuff away.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 08:40 PM       
But he'd get fans. :O
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 09:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
You're at least getting something out of it when you pay for hookers.
...and possibly more than you bargained for too. Don't pay for stuff you can get for free!

I doubt the repercussions would be incarceration time if you were caught pirating but maybe it's different from state to state. Then again, in this time of terrorist alerts (especially over air transmissions) it might be more serious than just having your equipment taken away.
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 09:58 PM       
It's a federal crime. They can fine you up to $100,000 for the first offence and/or one year in prison. They also take the equipment and anything else they like (people have had their houses taken away).

You're basically sending out a signal that says "LOOK AT ME! I'M RIGHT HERE!!!!"

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 10:08 PM       
Are we having fun with the FCC kids?
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 10:10 PM       
Flush THAT, ya bitch.
:obligatorysealabreferencing

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
OH GOD
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 10:37 PM       
LITES OUT GORRILA RADIO
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 11:13 PM       
Pirate Radio