Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 06:05 AM        NEW GRAB BAG: "SCARY GAMES!"
Proto's first "Grab Bag" piece of the season comes in the form of a list o' scary games, primarily of the video game persuasion, that you can play all year 'round. Since he admittedly left out plenty of games that easily deserve being on such a list, feel free to post some of your choices here in this thread! Who knows, maybe we'll even write about 'em at some point during the Halloween season...

NEW GRAB BAG: "SCARY GAMES!" -by Protoclown
http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/bag/scary-games.php

Enjoy!
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 12:42 PM       
Hey, if I included them ALL, I'd still be writing the damned thing... :P
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM       
tsk tsk tsk. Lazy as always.

That was very funny. Well done.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM       
My Halloween game repertoire is going to include:

Silent Hill 1 and 2
Resident Evil Zero
Fatal Frame 1 (and possibly 3)
and Eternal Darkness.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 06:05 PM       
I don't know about you guys, but Ecco the Dolphin still scares the piss out of me ;(
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 08:30 PM       
I tried to get into the Resident Evil series, but I can't stand the camera angles. Or the difficulty of zombie-killing.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 09:37 PM       
I myself prefer the Silent Hill games (especially part 2), though I still like Resident Evil.... But here is the thing. There exists a game which is oft-overlooked. This game may actually take the Silent Hill series and the Resident Evil series, and take all the best features out of those series, fix just about all the dumb shit, then come up with a whole bunch of new features which totally kick ass. That game is Siren for the PS2. I strongly recommend it to Protoclown and anyone else who likes this sort of game.

In Silent Hill and in Resident Evil, you can pretty much escape from any monster by going in a door. Any door at all. For some reason the monsters dont even attempt to break down the door or to open it up behind you and continue chasing after you. In Siren the monsters will chase you anywhere you go if they see you. The monsters in Silent Hill and Resident Evil just seem to be wandering around aimlessly for the most part, while the monsters in Siren have a much better AI and will be doing things which make sense for them to be doing rather than wandering around aimlessly. Plus they will communicate with each other and work together in trying to kill you. The monsters are very creepy looking and are the equal of the monsters in Silent Hill in my opinion. The storyline in Siren is very good in my opinion, and the method they use to tell the story is very unique, I cant think of any other game quite like it. The puzzles are very well done and in most cases there are numerous different ways you can possibly solve each puzzle, and things you do in one part of the game make a big difference later in the game. It is easily my favorite horror game, and one of my favorite games overall.