Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM       
I'm definitely doing Mothman cookies and possibly mothman pancakes. Also, the wearing of the Mothman shirts.

I can't figure out what the fuck that guy is saying in the second line of the song. Any ideas?
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:13 PM       
I hear "tracking you, he flies" as well.
But I think the "we'd wake up dead" is actually "we'd drop dead".

Also, I found another song about Ol' Mothy.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:17 PM       
Live, it sounded like "We'd wake up dead." I don't know. I really wanted a clean copy of it, but the Mothman Festival people just referred me to the lady who runs the pageant.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM       
Tomorrow- Mothman Cookies!
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 12:29 PM       
Step 1- Make a template by taping the infamous police sketch to a paper plate, then cutting it out.

Step 2- Use the template to cut mothmen out of my badass sugar cookie dough srsly this is the best dough there is

Step 3- This is how you make the best cookie icing ever. Melt an entire stick of butter on a saucepan over low heat. Get a bag of powdered sugar and just keep dumping it in and stirring until there is no more visible oil, until all of the sugar is absorbing the butter in a thick paste. Pour in a teensy bit of milk and stir until it's glossy and smooth. Use more milk for a thinner glaze, less for a thick icing. Add paste food color (I used black, which is actually dark purple). This stuff tastes incredible and keeps cookies soft.

Step 4- Decorate with red eyes made from red hots, or if you're too stupid to remember red hots when you're out, get those cherry lemonheads. Transfer and spread icing to cookies with a spoon and stick those bad boys on there. If the icing starts to get crusty, add a teensy bit more milk and stir until smooth again.

Bingo, Mothman cookies. And they were delicious.

Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 05:08 PM       
Ha ha, those are awesome Kitsa! I love the step-by-step instructions.
Not willing to share the secret "badass sugar cookie dough" recipe?
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM       
It's folded up in one of my mom's cookbooks, I'll have to wait to get it. It's one of those not open to improvisation- if you follow it to the letter, the cookies will be absolutely perfect. If you don't, they turn out terrible.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 07:16 PM       

Dinner. There was a miscommunication and there were no cherries for the eyes the way I'd planned. Due to further miscommunication, 9 lbs of twizzlers I had bought and stashed in the pantry were also absent. I ended up subbing two blobs of piped raspberry preserves, which were actually really good and made the mothmancake taste something like a jelly donut.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 10:27 PM       
Very nice. The one you made looks more professional than the official one.

And the raspberry preserves is a far superior choice to the 9 pounds of twizzlers.
That much edible plastic can't be good for you.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 04:55 AM       
As the heat of the pancake melted the preserves, it looked like he had bleeding red eyes, which was excellent.

I know the Mothman Pancake people have some sort of special griddle, but I just sort of tried to approximate the uterine, bloblike shape and T of whipped cream and I think it's fairly close, thanks. Weird not eating it in the appropriate atmosphere- feels like it's not right if you're not standing next to the Point Pleasant floodwall, breathing in mothballs, balancing it on a styrofoam plate as a tram full of tourists take your picture.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:46 AM       
Thank you. I will now forever look at Cherry Lemonheads as the eyes of the Mothman. Great job on the cookies!
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:25 PM       
MOTHMAN COOKIE DOUGH

2/3 Cups Butter (REAL butter)- this is one stick plus 3 tablespoons, just hack it into pieces and use it straight out of the fridge, don't soften it
3/4 Cup Granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg (REAL egg, not egg beaters)
4 teaspoons milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add egg and beat till fluffy. Stir in milk one teaspoon at a time. Sift together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, give it a few stirs to combine, and dump it into the creamed mixture. Mix very MINIMALLY, just until everything is integrated. Chill the dough in the fridge for an hour. The longer past an hour, the harder it is to work with.

When you have about 15 mins left on the hour, preheat your oven to 375. Get out a sheet of parchment and dust it with flour. You'll also need a rolling pin and whatever cutters you plan to use. At the end of the hour chill, pull the dough back out, scrape it out of the bowl, form it into sort of a ball thing and roll it out to 1/8". You might need to put another piece of parchment on top. (For some reason, this works best with parchment, not silpat or wax paper.)

When it's flat, peel off the top parchment and do your cutting. Transfer to a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Again, can't stress enough the importance of the parchment, it makes this a hell of a lot easier.

Bake at 375 for about 6 to 8 minutes, or as many as 10 if they're big cookies. Watch them like a freakin' hawk. When you start to smell the vanilla and when they are just BARELY beginning to turn the slightest golden brown on the edges, they're done. I take the cookie sheet, give the parchment a tug and lay the parchment and cookies right on a flat countertop to let them cool. This makes about 2 dozen cookies, depending on size, and translates well to christmas cookies or hamantaschen or jam thumbprints or pretty much anything. The icing shown above will keep them crazy soft.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 09:12 PM       
Awesome! I'll try it out soon.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:13 AM       
They should work out well if you follow the recipe to the letter and watch the cookies very well so that they don't overbake. Most of the friends who reported the recipe didn't work eventually admitted that they subbed margarine/wholegrain flour, or that they overbaked the cookies by a minute or two, etc.
Cranberry Everything
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 10:33 PM       
Mothman sighting! I was at a park and me and a friend of mine spotted this thing in the trees.

No clue what it was but my friend actually said "it looks like Mothman Prophecies" so I had to snap a picture of it. The above photo is digital zoom. And here is a photoshop zoom with a circle.

I must of watched it for about 10 minutes and it never moved. I nearly jumped the fence just to get a better look at the thing.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 09:45 AM       
Weird. Trash bag maybe? Kite?
Cranberry Everything
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 07:25 PM       
Heh, who knows. Maybe a buzzard (it was big)? No idea, just never saw it move or flutter in the breeze like a kite normally would.
It does make for a nice blurry Mothman photo though, right?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM       
Clearly, it was Batman.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 08:34 AM       
BTW, I went to the mothman festival this year on a Sunday. I ran all over the place trying to find the Mothman Pancakes stand because I had talked them up the whole trip and was eager to prove it.

Couldn't find them, asked a cop...and there are no Mothman Pancakes on Sundays! Denied!

So we ate at Hillbilly Hot Dogs instead.

teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 08:36 AM       
I also met the creator of the documentary Eyes of the Mothman. I said something really sophisticated like, "It was a fantastic documentary". I'm smooth like that.