Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

wizbenny is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 05:11 PM       
The thing was a hatchet-job between Megazone 23 (a pretty crappy anime) and Southern Cross. It made literally NO sense. So the first issue was basically what little was salvagable from the movie, then we spent the second issue trying to give some sort of actual PLOT that would tie the two together.

People actually got UPSET that we "butchered Macek's vision" which was laughable, because Macek HAD no vision. That's WHY the movie was never released. HE knew it sucked. Oh well... fan backlash even produced a Mystery "Ruins" Theater (riff track style commentary) on both issues from some crazed fans. http://www.heavens-feel.com/elmer/sor.htm lists us if you're really bored.

People love emailing me links from time to time... just to rub salt in those wounds.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 05:32 PM       
He knew it sucked because Texas preview audiences said so, and you don't mess with Texas. I'm just sad that Robotech: the Sentinels never made it into syndication. :<
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 06:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Ain't it in the rules that you can't join to do that, the ones that you get a link to via pm when you join? This idiot should have been banned already.
You may be right (in fact I am pretty sure you are) but art and comics do seem to almost welcome that sort of thing based on how they operate

After reading this thread, I think this dude has potential as a poster of entertaining value. What sort of entertainment remains to be seen
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
He knew it sucked because Texas preview audiences said so, and you don't mess with Texas. I'm just sad that Robotech: the Sentinels never made it into syndication. :<
I think he KNEW it sucked too... they confirmed it.

I have a copy of the video here at the house (obviously) and man, we had to watch and rewatch that thing like crazy... it is beyond awful. And we had like 2 or 3 weeks to do 64 pages!!!

I didn't have time to write or edit anything, really. My "script" was basically stick figures drawn in tandem with the artist in front of a TV in my living room. Only time I ever wrote a comic on my coffee table.

They were literally INKING in the back of a van on the way to the Fed Ex at the airport with just minutes to spare. That's how close we were to the deadline. I think I made practically no money for all of that zaniness. But somehow, it was fun.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 11th, 2010, 06:59 PM       

If your artists are going to steal designs tell them to at least take them from the good Star Wars films.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 05:58 AM       
Quote:
I didn't know he was thrown, I just assumed he had slumped down against the wall. It looks like his spine would have been severed from how deep and insane the wound is so I didn't even consider that he would be able to move. And his trachea doesn't look like it was touched in the last panel. :c
MAGICAL WINDPIPE REPAIR AND WOUND RELOCATION. SCIENCE.

Also, what the hell do you mean severed spine? Front of throat= slit
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 06:04 AM       
At least until it the slash moved to left omohyoid and sternocleid-whatzit muscles.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 12th, 2010, 09:53 AM       
Look at the frame where he's slumped against the wall and look at how deep the wound is on the back of his neck.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 01:51 AM       
Was that you who I emailed? Anyway. I replied, thanks for the catch if it was. It's being taken care of. An artist was paid by crew to "design" and he stole instead. New artist is replacing. But it was a good thing we caught this before going to print!!!

On the plus side, the new (original) design is much better now. Just means we have about a DOZEN pages already done that we have to replace the artwork on!
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 01:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
So what's that ship called anyway? The U.S.S. Blatant Ripoff?
Nope, those are the U.S.S. Lazy Artist and U.S.S. Fired His Ass.

Blatant Ripoff was the engineer's name.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM       
Maybe I could get credited when they print it!
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizbenny View Post
Was that you who I emailed? Anyway. I replied, thanks for the catch if it was.
Yup, it was. I was worried that you weren't going to see that I posted it on here so I decided to mention it on your site too.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 01:33 PM       
This is comical.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM       
Quote:
Yup, it was. I was worried that you weren't going to see that I posted it on here so I decided to mention it on your site too.
What, you think I'd "join just to promote my book" and leave? Heh.

Seriously tho... thanks. I will definitely give you a thank you in the book. Send me an email with your real name or whatever name (that's not obscene) you want to use!

True thing, that guy was PAID to "design" those... Those were the only elements from his tenure on the book (he was going to be the artist, but he split from his studio over his attitude... good thing) that we kept. Hey, we paid for them, they looked decent... why not?
Spoilers!

Ah well... that ALWAYS happens when you try to save money. I'm sure I'll laugh more later. MUCH later.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 12:37 PM       
:youhavealittlecaptainobviousinyou
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 03:16 PM       
Hey Leader, did you see the changes to the ships?
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 05:38 PM       
Yup, why'd ya change the second one, did it look too much like the Nostromo's cockpit area? :O

You missed one page though. :c http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/d/20100614.html
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 06:57 PM       
Both ships were "designed" (aka stolen) by the fired artist. So better not to chance it. Because they go to print. Now we know 100% these are OUR designs.

It somehow hadn't uploaded in the FTP update. Thanks for the catch. Re-upped it and is fixed now.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jul 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM       
http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/d/20100629.html
Wouldn't it be harder for a large ship to land safely?

http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/comics/20100709.jpg
Stop ripping off Star Trek.
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 01:48 AM       
Quote:
http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/d/20100629.html
Wouldn't it be harder for a large ship to land safely?
The larger an object is, the less of it will burn up in re-entry. Also, it is more heavily armored to withstand that extreme friction. It would also be assumed that a lot of the same actions being taken by the crew of the Ulympea would also be taken by the Tytans... since the protocols and procedures in just such a crisis would be readily known by an Admiral.

None of which mattered, really, since they had all been altered by that point... so anything shy of decapitation they would survive. Which they're soon to find out.

Quote:
No. LOL. My favorite response so far was someone said they shot milk out their nose when they read that line. That alone makes it worth keeping. Lactic acid nostrils are just fun.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jul 16th, 2010, 11:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizbenny View Post
The larger an object is, the less of it will burn up in re-entry. Also, it is more heavily armored to withstand that extreme friction. It would also be assumed that a lot of the same actions being taken by the crew of the Ulympea would also be taken by the Tytans... since the protocols and procedures in just such a crisis would be readily known by an Admiral.
I was thinking more along the lines of being able to control descent and maintain the ship's structural integrity under the effects of gravity. :<