Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 05:16 PM        is it possible britain will be a no go?
I have been trying to figure out for a long time now why the hell Blair is up our ass, and what in the hell we promised him for his soul.
Anyway, if we do not have support - if Turkey and Canada back out (which already looks like it)... protest continue..
Do you think Blair will get a backbone and tell us to fuck off? I really can't understand his motivation in all this.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:00 PM       
whether or not anybody backs out, this tension is getting out of hand. why would NATO deny turkeys request for assistance in national defense?

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:48 PM       
As stupid as it sounds: because it would seem like officially condoning a war on Iraq. Personally, I think they should allow it for the purpose of protecting Turkey from any "pre-emptive revenge" strikes. Plus I'm not having any illusions that the war won't happen sooner or later.

Whatever he's planning on doing, I wonder how Blair will come out of this. For now, he's starting to resemble a handpuppet. It's kinda funny when you consider that England was once the "ruling" party in the English/American situation.

Incidentally, I just heard that Turkey is demanding financial support now in exchange for having troops stationed in their country.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:32 PM       
turkey was already getting money from us for it, they just upped the amount they wanted - to which I think Bush said "fuck you!" which is why they are reconsidering helping us. But then later today he came out and said they were still in "talks".

As far as I know they are planning now to protect turkey if needs be.

Turkey's reasons for not helping the US seem to be elsewhere right now.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 08:06 PM       
I wonder how Blair will come out of this. For now, he's starting to resemble a handpuppet.

I have heard speculated that it was largely the doings of Powell and Blair that led to the multilateral push by the US (albeit ceremonial). If this is the case, then Blair is more than just the dog that he is suggested to be.

Could Blair buckle under pressure? Perhaps if the pressure is unrelenting. The US and UK have toned down the rhetoric in response to the protests but I don't think the Brits would fall for that one.