Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 05:16 PM        FUCKING BULLSHIT
Level 11 of the Paramedic Missions. One patient was by the lighthouse. I drove over there, and accidentally fell in the water, because the bushes blocked my view.

I so very badly want to hurt someone.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 06:47 PM       
I still have to do the paramedic missions and fire truck missions. Haven't started em yet. Only 67% continue right now (50 hidden packages on my own.. going to use a list now to get the rest.. too insane). Just started getting back into the groove again. 150 health/150 armor is nice. Sun Shine Auto kicks ass too. Going to finally hit $1 million tonight. At like $930,000 right now.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 06:57 PM       
I'm trying to do as many optional missions as I can before I do any real mission. I haven't even gone to the first pink dot.

And I finally did the Paramedic missions. Thank god. These things are too fucking insane. At least with the Firetruck and the Vigilante, you don't have to complete three of them, and then retrun to a set point, then go back out. You can just keep running around, and you're not in a vehicle with the handling and durability of cheese when you do it.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:31 PM       
I made sure I beat the game's "story" missions first. Went through those in like a week or so. I always like to get that out of the way so all there is to do is the extras. Hidden Package hunting tonight.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:46 PM       
Eh. When I did GTA3, I did a combination. I did some story missions, and some nonstory missions. But then I realized that some things were harder to do later one, when you have gangs on your ass.

So I'm trying to do all the things I can do before the story missions, so that I don't have to worry about being shot at and chased down by gangs.
The_Legionnaire is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:46 PM       
I've hit the dreaded "I've checked off all 100 but only have 98" problem.... I've gotta go back over the whole damn list..... I just hope my little bro wasn't entering cheats causing that damned "packages dissappearing" stuff.....
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 11:28 AM       
Yep in GTA3 it was like that. Getting secondary missions were a must especially since they make you goto the different areas. In VC it isn't really a concern for the most part. Gangs aren't a problem. Alot of gangless territory and your gang is usually around so it doesn't matter.

Darryl is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
so that I don't have to worry about being shot at and chased down by gangs.
Yeah, I hate when that happens.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:35 PM       
Quote:
I've hit the dreaded "I've checked off all 100 but only have 98" problem
That is one of the worst things ever in video games. I hate that. Even though I've never played Vice City.

For example, I was driven insane trying to find the last few missile expansions in Metroid Prime. I finally had to check a guide and back track to every single place there is a missile expansion because I remember getting every single missile expansion, I just must have forgot to save a few times and now I don't remember which one's I was retarded to. I didn't finish it, cause that's just insane. Fuck it
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:37 PM       
EDIT: I'M A DOUBLE POSTING RETARD
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:04 PM       
Damn, I just realised how much sense my third post doesn't make

I think you ccan get the picture though. If youv'e played through both.

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 07:45 PM       
I hear that, Bobo. The worst part about the Vice City packages? You can get the goddamn prize when you beat all the missions.
There's no reason for me to even bother with them, except for a measly percent or two completion. Fuck no.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 08:12 PM       
Um, the rewards for the hidden packages aren't available through completing missions.

Besides, once you get a police helicopter on the West Island, you can get all 100 easily with the help of an FAQ.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 08:24 PM       
the apache and a million bucks are the grand prize for all one hundred. That's what i meant. The sea sparrow is nice, and so is the tank, but we all know that when you're collecting packages, you want that goddamn apache. once you've got the Apache though, you've gotta be a fucking moron to not be able to make a million bucks in one trip. Seems like a useless prize to me. All you get is an Apache to park in Ocean Beach. :/
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 10:22 PM       
you can do vigilante missions in the apache though

-willie
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 10:31 PM       
It's call the Hunter. And that is the coolest vehicle. A rocket launching military plane.

As for the money, you get 100,000 as a reward (not 1 million). ANd you get 100,000 for all the packages too (you get money for each package, which adds up to that much). So in the end, you get $200,000, a Rhino, a Hunter, a Sea Sparrow, body army, chainsaw, laser scope sniper rifle, python, flamethrower, minigun, and rocket launcher. It's a good fucking deal, if you ask me.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 11:26 PM       
whoops, a hundred k, not a mil. The weapons don't do it for me because i used the weapons cheat about halfway through the game. :/ I got fucking sick of reloading after every death. The vehicles are nice to have around, and the Hunter is one helluva chopper, but all i package hunted for was the apache chopper, so it seemed to me like one big screwjob to be able to get the damn thing by just beating the game. :/
D3k is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:10 AM       
from http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...e_city_100.txt
Quote:
Because you have now completed the game 100%, you have several
new rewards, including: Improved health and body armour, a new outfit
in your mansion's office, every vehicle you drive is now twice as
durable, you cannot run out of ammunition and the Hunter is now
occasionally available from the helipad south of your southernmost
save point in Vice City East.
There's also a 100% checklist there.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:25 AM       
You can get the apache helicopter after beating the game at the military base. Just dress up as a cop and take a helicopter in or something.. 150 health is from completing pizza boy missions 150 armor from vigilante.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:29 AM       
Why the hell do you keep talking about the Apache? It's HUNTER. H-U-N-T-E-R. No Apache. You get the HUNTER for getting 100 packages. And you can't get it any other way. So it's a pretty damn good deal.

And if you cheated, that's your own damn problem. Cheats cause packages to disappear anyway, so you can't get 100%. And the whole point is completion.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:34 AM       
from http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...e_city_air.txt
Quote:
3f. Hunter

How to Unlock: Find all 100 hidden packages OR beat "Keep your friends close", the last story mission.
That's how I got the Hunter.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:46 AM       
OK, so I was wrong. But still. It's much more fun to get the Hunter early on, complete the Vigilante Missions with it, get 150 Armor, and then beat the rest of the missions with that boost of help there.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
OK, so I was wrong. But still. It's much more fun to get the Hunter early on, complete the Vigilante Missions with it, get 150 Armor, and then beat the rest of the missions with that boost of help there.
I agree. I was just commenting that I wish I'd had done that instead of rushing through the missions... Now I'm too lazy to go through it all again, trying to get all 100 packages before starting the first mission. Ah well.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:16 AM       
How the hell do you get to the second island without completing phnom penh?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 07:24 AM       
Eh, you use an ambulance or some shit to jump the barricades. Not my style though.