Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:51 AM        Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals
Whats going on there?

Is it on Gamecube or Gameboy...or both?

its confusing me, and I want to know.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:04 AM       
I think it's on Gamecube but will have connectivity with FFtactics on GBA.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:48 AM       
Yeah, it's a Gamecube game (and will probably be the reason I buy a Gamecube once I can get a used one at EB for $50)...Nintendo just likes fucking around with their hardware and trying anything new to see if it will catch on. They must have mountains of cash in the bank and be pretty sure of some future success to be able to afford all these new ideas at the price of losing most of their developers.

Marilyn666 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:16 PM       
This is terrable! I only have a playstation

A.S.H. is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:16 PM       
It goes like this people, Crystal Chronicles is not FFTA connectivity. Crystal Chronicles is a 1-4 player Final Fantasy game. If you play the one player you do not need to connect a GBA, however, you sir are missing out on what could be one of the coolest Multiplayer experiences ever.
The GBA's purpose is two fold, 1) To act as a controller, and 2) To Act as a menu in order to keep the screen free of clutter, as all combat is real time.
Simple, yes, but wait, there's more! Each time you enter a dungeon, one player gets the map at random, stressing the need for team communication. Also, every time you enter a dungeon, you are assigned a random task (do the most damage, use no magic, get hit with a certain attack), and if you complete this task, you've got first pick for all the nifty uber artifacts that were picked up in said dungeon, adding a little piece of competition into the very nice teamplay schematic.

The story premise, is that the world is infested with a miasma that is not very friendly to humans. The only protection? Chalices containing drops of mystic liquid that dispels this terrible death plague. Every year, a towns chalice must be refilled, so, the town sends out a group of towns folk to go to the various trees that are hidden in very unfriendly places, to gather drops of the liquid that will restore the strength of the town's barrier for one year. You are part of that group of adventurers. Of course, going out means you've gotta have some protection from the gas, and that is THE BUCKET! The bucket holds the drops that you gather along the way, and if you leave the protective area of the bucket, you take damage. So someone has to carry the bucket, or it can be placed on the ground and your little operation will simply stay immobile for a bit.

I've got this game pre-ordered and I can't wait to fucking play it with my friends, because that's what it's all about.
"Who are these people? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas. And, sweet jesus, there are a hell of a lot of them at four thirty on a Sunday morning." - Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
I do not do drugs, I am drugs. - Salvador Dali

Marilyn666 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:22 PM       
Who are you calling sir?
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:45 PM       
I hear it isn't that good. It doesn't have the grandiose story that FF fans have come to expect, and you just don't give a damn about the characters.

Plus, you have to carry around a worthless bucket during the entire game

Marilyn is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:48 PM       
So it doesn't have the same characters?
No I can not grieve anymore.
For what's inside awaking.
I'm not, I’m not a whore
You've taken everything and oh I can not give anymore.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:52 PM       
No. They are all new characters that don't have enough character progression for anyone to give a flying fuck about who they are, what they are doing, or why they have to do it.

Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:55 PM       
That sucks.
I'm not, I’m not a whore
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 04:14 PM       
The game relies on connectivity to make the game enjoyable. As a single player game, it's a boring, uneventful Guantlet-style button masher. But, if you have three friends, with GBAs, GBA links, and a lot of free time, that's when you'll get the most out of the game. But keep in mind, the entire ideal setup costs $600+

With four players, you can develop strategy via combos and stronger magic, not to mention that each player is assigned a different task (carrying the bucket, maps, etc) of the party. And while it doesn't totally change the gameplay, it's the more fun option of the two.

On top of which, you can take your character out of multiplayer, and into single (or vice versa) in order to find more items and play while nobody else is around (and let's face it, how often can you get four friends together for hours of this game?). The only problem with this, is the enemy difficulty apparently reflects the strongest character of the party. So unless your friends are doing the same thing at their houses, they're going to be fucked the longer you play by yourself.

There's very little story, and no experience gaining; Two elements synonymous with Final Fantasy. This game basically has the FF name to attract attention, and has little to nothing in common with the series.

If you have three friends, and everyone has a GBA and game link, and everyone has a GC and a copy of this game, and you all have plenty of time to hang out and play together, then you'll enjoy the game a lot. But if any one of these is lacking, then you're probably going to get bored quick.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:30 AM       
I hope it has Chocobo's

I am apalued by the lack of Chocobo's in the recent games and the movie. I mean, come on

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:39 AM       
Chocobos are ridiculous and retarded
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:52 AM       
In FFXII, Chocobos are killing machines.

There are no Chocobos in Crystal Chronicle, to my knowledge. Just some very odd-looking Moogles.
drunkbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:12 AM       
Just the fact that you need so much hardware to enjoy the multi-player experiance in this game, brings it down alot. Too much of a hassle I'd say.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 12:11 PM       
I have my SP and regular GBA. Only one GC to GBA hookup though. After I get another one of those at least I will be able to play 2 player. It does suck that they decided to do it this way but the features sound really cool in multiplayer.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:01 PM       
The game isn't any good unless it has Vivi :(
I'm not, I’m not a whore
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
The game isn't any good unless it has Vivi
YOU MEAN A BLACK MAGE
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:37 PM       
No Chocobos!?!?!?

NO CHocobos?!?!

NO FUCKING CHOcOBOS!?!?!?!

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PPL!!!!!

FOR 4 FF GAMES IT REVOLVED ArOUND THE FRIGGIN THINGS

Moogles too
my 2 by 3 foot Poster of Mogs Tribe helbs me sleep a night
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:39 PM       
every final fantasy with chocobos is for gays

-willie
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:57 PM       
ok I'm really starting to hate you executioner!!!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:01 PM       
wtf, why is a oversized ostrich that you can ride something that makes a game great :/

-willie
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:06 PM       
THEY SAY FUCKIN WARK W A R K dou you get it!?!?!? and i actually i like the Mogs WAY BETTER than the Chocobos
OH GOD
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:49 PM       
that doesn't make sense

-willie
drunkbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 06:14 AM       
The only time a chocobo was of any use to me was the time I needed it to gain access to the Knights of the round materia in FF7.