Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Yep. is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 08:43 PM       
I used to like tool a whole lot, i still like them a little, but i'm so turned off by all their goddamn gothkid fans proclaiming "tool is the best band ever and if maynard told me to suck his dick and shoot myself i would cause he writes soooo well".
How come every single tool fan is on a first name basis with their singer? The guy could very well be an asshole, nobody's met him. Judging by his lyrics he seems kind've pretentious and self-righteous .
Why do the kids love tool? Because the lyrics are what every tortured adolescent wishes they could write in their journal.
I like musical tool, but as far as i'm concerned most of their fans might as well be dirty deadheads or their phishkids.
The_voice_of_reason is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 02:50 AM       
I went to a Tool concert and discovered i hate about all of their fans, in fact the only people there who I didn't hate, i came with. But I don't think I should base my opinion of them on their fans. As for being on a first name basis, Maynard is just easier to say that saying Maynard James Keenan. Finally, i don't really whorship him, I respect him because i liked Tool and i like A Perfect Circle. He may very well be an asshole, that wouldn't stop me from liking the music.

And i never said that Cannabal Corpse was a bad band, i do like their music (even if the singer annoys the hell out of me) but they are not even close to being the greatest band ever, they are lacking in so many ways.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 07:10 AM       
Ninjavenom is right on the money. The actual insight in anything Tool ever wrote can be put in one simple phrase: "Haha I am smarter and I eat my own cock!" This probably is why they have so many fans too. As long as they pretend they get 'saturn ascends, nor one nor ten' they think they are so much smarter than a guy that listens to say, Nirvana.

Anyone with even a fleeting interest in the occult can see how childish Maynard Keenan's prose is when it dabbles in such, and how blase it is when it's political. And let's not even go into 'Overthinking, overanalyzing seperates the body from the mind'.

For the record, I consider Aenima to be one of my favourite records of all time. I just don't make a big deal out of their stance or lyrics, because frankly, both have been served more consistently by other, far more inspired artists.

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 04:16 PM       
yeah, for the most part, their occult lyrical content seems tied to Crowley's Tree of Life thingamabob. there could be more, I havent actually studied their lyrics.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 08:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_voice_of_reason
Finally, i don't really whorship him, I respect him because i liked Tool and i like A Perfect Circle. He may very well be an asshole, that wouldn't stop me from liking the music.
Then why are you intending to build a shrine to the guy if you don't worship him?

And yes, Aenema is awesome, but I see it as more of a fluke than a testament to their "greatness". I didn't like the first album, Opiate, or the last one they put out.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 10:41 AM       
The interpretation of the whole album, Aenima is nothing more than just looking deep down into yourself and your personal problems and letting go...with a little bit of spicy humor added like you heard in the hash cookies song and hooker with a penis. The last song of the album, The Third Eye, is a perfect way of ending the album because the third eye represents change and you are seeing things in new ways...hence next came Lateralus, which is entirely different Tool.