Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 03:08 PM        You know a band is good...
When 3 out of 4 of your family members have a copy of their CD.

My mom, my brother and I each have our own copy of Evanescence - Fallen.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 03:18 PM       
how is this good?
by the way you HAVE to see this www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com
it's a real site i swear and has videos.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 04:41 PM       
And here I thought you were cool.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:15 PM       
Evanescence sucks
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:53 PM       
i am cool. i don't mention bands you can read about in Spin magazine. you like chick vocals? try Brave, Avrigus, and Hammers Of Misfortune. Awesome stuff. then again i hate it when chicks sing "metal" especially when it's "nu-metal".
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 06:18 PM       
Evanescence just yells through all her stupid songs :/ It's like Oasis, I like the song writing but the voice grinds on me.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 06:46 PM       
Don't force your opinino on me, your just close minded, not everyone has the same opinion wah wah wah
I hate people who are proud of their terrible taste
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 07:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God
i am cool. i don't mention bands you can read about in Spin magazine. you like chick vocals? try Brave, Avrigus, and Hammers Of Misfortune. Awesome stuff. then again i hate it when chicks sing "metal" especially when it's "nu-metal".
Yeah, heaven forbid a band be mainstream. Put any of those groups on MTV just once, and I bet you'd hate them all of a sudden.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 08:53 PM        re:
but luckily they won't be on mtv because they don't sound like shit. seriously... evanescence?
hammers of misfortune is some good listening.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 10:36 PM       
James' logic on determining the quality of a band is almost as stupid as 3 family members owning the same damn album.

I don't believe in that bullshit theory that a band is only good if nobody has heard of them... and have to kinda suck. Just listen to it, and if I like what I hear I will admit that I (OH NO) do actually like it. But in this band's case, I don't really like them. And the number of fans doesn't scare me since the majority of them convinced themselves that they liked this band just because somebody mentioned to them one time that the lead singer's pale pudgy appearance was hot.
Egg
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 10:44 PM       
actually a few of the bands i like were on mtv. and i did like them...alot. i still do. i just don't feel the need to talk about bands that get enough publicity as is. and i do like pop music to a small degree, i like kylie minogue plenty. but i can't justify praising a band that doesn't deserve it. iron mitchell i love you for knowing who Hammers are. they fucking rule. other good female oriented bands:
rock goddess
rock bitch
girlschool
doro/warlock
phantom blue
lee aaron (metal queen)
plasmatics (well W.O.W. rules anyways)
if you really want an angry woman speaking in rhyme or "poetry" as is said try out Fear Of God (Dawn Crosby)
and yes i will indulge in my mtv promotion for a second and say lita ford and heart.
give me not your silly ramblings about evanwhatsis, if you want chick crap there's better stuff than that out there. look for it honey. and it's my job to deny "angsty" pop. all part of the persona. i'm not really being condescending honestly, i'm actually like this about music. i reccomend bands constantly to people as an alternative to putting more money in the pockets of the over priviledged people that don't need it. and yes i know i can't spell for shit.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 10:45 PM       
My logic was aimed at CIG. If you don't like the band, fine. But she's got that obvious attitude of trying to be a "non-conformist" by refusing to like anything potentially mainstream.

And I hate to break it to you, but I don't like the band because of Amy Lee's appearance. I feel that the composition in their songs goes above and beyond that of any band I've ever heard of, and it's very pleasing to the ear to listen to. Sure, a lot of mainstream stuff right now is either pop stars who don't even sing their own songs, or rock bands who play 5 different chords and call it a song, or rappers who find 7 different ways to say "******" in a song, but I think Evanescence is unique in their presentation, and it pays off.

If you want to challenge that by offering other bands to look into, so be it. But heaven forbid I like something that millions of others are also liking.
Captain Goodtimes is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 10:45 PM       
You know your band is good when they have the lyrics "Kick off your shoes and relax your socks"
Egg
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 10:49 PM       
i'm being honest. i just don't like them.
edit: i like mainstream stuff, just not much nowdays is any good for a plethora of reasons.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 11:03 PM       
Evanescence's lead vocalist is incredibly talented, and I honestly don't see how someone can think otherwise.

Rest of the band can fall in a furnace for all I care, though.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 11:04 PM       
Well, I will have to listen to their latest stuff before I judge completely. But from what I have heard, they are Lincoln Park with a girl.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 11:15 PM       
hey arrowx you really brought something to the table there I hadn't thought about that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God
rock bitch
Shitty gimmick band.
Egg
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 11:25 PM       
at least rock bitch gave something to watch. granted you can see the same things at an LOA or a genitorturers concert i didn't mind rock bitch that much. also i apologize for being an asshole about bands, i'm a music critic. it's part of my job.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 11:45 PM       
Never really liked em. They always seemed kind of mediocre to me....

Can't wake up!!!
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 12:23 AM       
That song is a misrepresentation of their talents. And that guy singing isn't even in the band.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:37 AM       
Quote:
in their songs goes above and beyond that of any band I've ever heard of,
Man, possibly, you haven't heard many good bands if you say that. I have no particular problem with evanescence besides the fact that they've actually got like, 2 riffs in the whole album and that all the songs are thusly based on the vocal melodies, which aren't always very catchy or interesting, but you need to stop being so loud about your ignorance.

Evanescence have shown the extent of their compositional skills by putting a bridge that changes the key of their song somwhere on their hit song just before the chick goes frooozeeen whatever, and that's it.

I'm not saying don't like them, hell you could like stuff that's a lot worse, but in my oppinion they're definately not any sort of above average band.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:38 PM       
You're listening to a different album than I am then, if that's all you hear.

Like I said, feel free to direct me to some other groups. If I can find the shit, I'll download it and tell you what I think.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:56 PM        re:
i'm a sexist. i can't think of a single rock/metal band with a female singer from the last decade that i'm very big on. there are a few i dig a bit, but nothing huge aside from kim-fronted sonic youth.
sixteen bitch pile-up is the best thing in the world. fucking fireworks!
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:56 PM       
The fact your mom owns the same album as you makes them suck even harder.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:16 PM       
James and his mom singing in the car...