Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 03:40 PM        These cats don't dance!
Quote:
450 cats cleared from home

3 likely to face charges; most animals were diseased or dead

BY KEVIN HARTER

Pioneer Press

ST. CROIX FALLS, Wis. — Shielded by hazardous materials suits against the toxic combination of feces, ammonia from urine and decaying flesh, crews removed about 450 cats Friday from a home along the St. Croix River.

A gut-wrenching stench, something akin to raw sewage combined with rotting meat, carried by a westerly breeze, attracted a bald eagle and turkey vulture for closer looks.

Inside the two-story white clapboard home, the crews equipped with oxygen tanks and air filters made their way through a catacomb of debris, including garbage bags and barrels filled with dead cats, all of which were covered by several inches of cat feces.

St. Croix Falls Fire Capt. Jeff Gutzmer called his trips into the home "like going into hell."

Like most on the scene, he had been to a number of homes and farms where from a few animals to maybe a couple dozen were found dead or dying.

"The numbers. I've never seen anything like this. It's beyond words, beyond description," Gutzmer said of the dead and dying cats, and the waste they produced. "It's almost impossible to believe anyone could live. It's toxic."

The home's residents — an 86-year-old retired county health care nurse, her 47-year-old daughter and 52-year-old son-in-law — are expected to face felony charges, including animal abuse. The Polk County district attorney, working with investigators, could file charges as early as Monday. Meantime, the residents were staying at a local motel.

Authorities could not explain why the three were living with so many cats or for how long.

Cats living on the main floor of the house on South River Street appeared to be more domesticated than the ones on the second floor. Many of the hundreds of cats were believed to be diseased.

After three firefighters were bitten trying to round up some of the cats, the crew decided the safest, healthiest and most humane option would be to asphyxiate the remaining animals by pumping carbon monoxide into the house.

"The cats on the second floor were wild, feral cats, and we decided it was too risky," said Police Chief Paul Lindholm.

Firefighters attached large hoses from the exhaust of the fire trucks to pump the carbon monoxide into the house — one of only six on the street.

Any cats found still alive were euthanized by injection.

After the last of three truckloads of cats was taken to a Clear Lake crematory by Friday evening, the house was completely sealed and cordoned off with yellow police tape.

Clearing out the cats took two days of work by the Polk County sheriff's and health departments, and St. Croix police and fire departments, along with several neighboring fire and ambulance crews, who were called in to assist. Work began Thursday morning and was completed Friday.

At one point Friday afternoon, as workers were taking a break, a 10-year-old neighborhood girl brought the crew freshly baked chocolate-chip cookies.

Officials believe the house, which is considered a major health hazard, will be razed.

Previously, neighbors thought they smelled something in the direction of the house, but confused it with the nearby fish hatchery and sewage treatment plant.

In recent months, there had been several anonymous tips, probably from a friend or relative, Lindholm said, but not enough information or evidence for police to enter the house.

That changed when an Xcel Energy worker, checking the neighborhood to make sure power was on after an outage, stopped at the home Wednesday. While talking to the homeowner, the worker saw dozens of sick cats and several inches of feces on the floor and reported it to police.

City and county officials got a warrant to search the home Thursday, and after the county Health Department took an air quality sample, the residents were evacuated and the house condemned.

The house is at the end of a dead-end street in the oldest section of this city of 2,100 people. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resource's Fish Hatchery borders it on the south and east, and is next to the city's sewage treatment plant.

Two houses over, Jodi Holland, who has lived on the street for 10 years, said she occasionally saw her neighbor, whom she called a "nice, sweet lady," but rarely the woman's daughter or son-in-law.

Holland said she knew her neighbor took in stray cats, but said she had no idea it was more than a few.

"Occasionally, in the summer, when their windows were open and we were out walking, there was a disgusting smell, but since the sewer plant was on the other side, we figured it must be that," Holland said.
Simply hilarious. [/quote]
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 03:51 PM       
Quote:
At one point Friday afternoon, as workers were taking a break, a 10-year-old neighborhood girl brought the crew freshly baked dead kitty cookies.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 03:56 PM       
Maybe they had a dream of swimming in a pool of cat shit and needed 450 cats to do it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 03:57 PM       
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 04:20 PM       
House of skank.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 09:50 PM       
if a cat can survive living in that house, and then carbon monoxide pumping, then that cat has earned its freedom to live

damn cat death patrols.

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 10:25 PM       
I've actually been through this town a couple of times and it doesn't surprise me that a shithole(i'm so funny!) like this exists.
Shadowfire is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 08:48 PM       
Damn those old ladies and their obsession with cats
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 09:00 PM       
It's sick that people would do that.
racialslur is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 10:04 PM       
They were lonely
Mocker

Old Nov 8th, 2004, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra

Mocker

Old Nov 8th, 2004, 03:58 PM       
Talk about smelly pussy!

Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:04 PM       
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....
Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:05 PM       
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:05 PM       
CHAOS
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 03:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra
is that really you terra? I dont think it is.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 03:58 PM       
hey adept_ninja do you watch cnn??

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:04 PM       
kelly has no business talking about pussy when the only one he's ever seen in real life is when he looks in a mirror.
Mocker

Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:22 PM       
And see the reflection of my Mad Max fan club poster on the wall opposite the mirror.

Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
And see the reflection of my Mad Max fan club poster on the wall opposite the mirror.

The kellychaos version of "I am rubber you are glue"

Fucktard.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 06:04 PM       
I ate glue once! :O

I WIN!
Beloved Cunt
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 06:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX
I ate glue once! :O

I WIN!
Did Stanky eat any glue? I've gotsta know!
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:36 AM       
More kitty cat madness:
Quote:
Cats' plight a legal issue

Three charged in mistreatment of nearly 400 animals

BY NANCY YANG

Pioneer Press

The three residents of a St. Croix Falls, Wis., home where nearly 400 cats were removed by authorities last month have each been charged with three misdemeanors.

Dorothy Weinhardt, 86, her daughter, Jean Bloomquist, 47, and son-in-law, Wayne Bloomquist, 52, were charged Thursday with mistreating animals and providing inadequate sanitary conditions and ventilation at their house at 209 S. River St.

According to the criminal complaint, the animal mistreatment count stems from the discovery by health and public safety investigators of a live adult cat and kitten that were placed on the second floor of the house in a small plastic container that was duct-taped shut, denying them access to air or water. It was not known how long the cats had been in the container.

More than 100 cats were found dead around the house, the complaint says, including some in bags and some inside pop bottles that had been cut open and duct-taped shut. In addition, "there was cat feces and matted hair all over the floors and there did not appear to be a clean spot anywhere," the complaint states.

When Sgt. David Lindholm of the Polk County Sheriff's Department entered the home, "his eyes immediately began to burn from the smell of ammonia and cat urine in the air," the complaint says.

The complaint quotes Weinhardt as saying she was aware of the dead cats and had been trying to get them removed, but she reportedly denied there were as many cats in the house as police said. The retired health care nurse also reportedly told police she knew the living conditions in the home were unsanitary but that she wanted to save the cats that were still alive.

Authorities decided the safest course would be to euthanize the living cats, some of which reportedly had missing eyes, open sores and suffered from upper respiratory infections.

Attempts Thursday to reach Weinhardt and her attorney were not successful.

The conditions inside the home were brought to authorities' attention by an Xcel Energy worker, who stopped at the home Nov. 3 and saw dozens of sick cats and several inches of feces on the floor while he was talking to Weinhardt.

City and county officials got a warrant to search the home Nov. 4, and after the county Health Department took an air quality sample, the residents were evacuated and the house condemned. On Nov. 4 and 5, crews removed approximately 379 cats from the home. They removed five more on Nov. 16.

In addition to the air quality sample, which confirmed the strong presence of ammonia, health officials also took samples of fluid suspected to be urine — some human — from several containers in the home, according to the complaint. District Attorney Karen Olson said she has not seen the test results from those samples.

In the complaint, Brian Hobbs of the Polk County Health Department said he "found the residence contaminated beyond the point where it could be saved" because high levels of urine had soaked deep into the house's structure. He recommended its demolition because it was unfit for human habitation and posed a major public health hazard in that the conditions could potentially spread disease to those living in the area.

Melanie Beam, who lives about three houses away from Weinhardt, said she isn't too concerned about any immediate health issues that could affect her family.

"The house has been broken into since (the raid)," she said. "So whatever was in there is already out here."

She said she and her family have not gotten sick. However, she said she thinks the house should be razed.

Officials have condemned the house — which is one of the oldest in the community of about 2,100 people — but it has not been demolished. A judge will most likely determine its fate.

Weinhardt and the Bloomquists are scheduled to appear in court Jan. 24 at 1 p.m. in Balsam Lake. Each of the three counts carries a potential fine of $10,000 and nine months in jail.
[/quote]

Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:54 AM       
Uh

They brutalized, pissed on, and cut into about 500 cats and the worst they face is a $10,000 fine and 9 months in jail?
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:58 AM       
"some of which reportedly had missing eyes"

what is this? event horizon?