Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 04:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I'm all for putting pressure on them, especially the Saudis who use their Bush family connections to avoid scutiny.

But there's kind of a gulf between 'putting pressure' and the military overthrow and occupation of a country.
Fair enough.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 04:14 PM       
Hold on, did we both just make the same point and you argued with one and agreed with the other?
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
The Center Square
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 04:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinxtk
Hold on, did we both just make the same point and you argued with one and agreed with the other?
Maybe. I think I'm giving the wrong impression of what I'm adovcating and what I'm not.

My point is that we can't rule out the idea of military action against terrorist state governments if they refuse to cooperate. I'm not saying that we should just wipe out the entire Middle East.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 04:25 PM       
Okay.
Fine.

But can we please call it "cleaning up international terrosist organizations" and do it through UN resolutions and international alliances without blatantly false pretenses, an "American War on Terror", and falsified evidence of "weapons of mass destruction"?
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
The Center Square
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 06:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinxtk
Okay.
Fine.

But can we please call it "cleaning up international terrosist organizations" and do it through UN resolutions and international alliances without blatantly false pretenses, an "American War on Terror", and falsified evidence of "weapons of mass destruction"?
Sure. I'm starting a new thread.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 11:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialBrandon
The international community? The only countries besides Iraq itself we need input from are the ones who actually played a role in the war. And your idea that the Bush administration is not consulting the Iraqi people is simply uninformed. Input from the Iraqis is the key part of drafting this new constitution.
And your belief that the Bush Administration is helping Iraqis build an independent Iraq is the worst form stone-blind ignorance.

Let's Make Enemies

Quote:
I have gone to the mosques and street demonstrations and listened to Muqtada al-Sadr's supporters shout "Death to America, Death to the Jews," and it is indeed chilling. But it is the profound sense of betrayal expressed by a pro-US businessman running a Pepsi plant that attests to the depths of the US-created disaster here. "I'm disappointed, not because I hate the Americans," Khamis tells me, "but because I like them. And when you love someone and they hurt you, it hurts even more."
I am more inclined to believe a journalist who has been on the ground in Iraq, than someone who regurgitates the views of Robert Novak and the other armchair 'newsmen' who haven't even been to the country to survey the situation.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 11:30 AM       
Double post.