Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 07:18 AM        Attn: Royal, on About Schmidt
I must preface this by saying that I am by no means a film critic, but I'm not a total ignoramus either. For what it's worth, half my favorite movies are not in English. Take that however you will.

That being said, I recall reading recently that you quite enjoyed "About Schmidt". For me, this begs a certain question: What in the holy name of GOD FUCKING JESUS is the matter with you? I sat through the entire film. I caught on to what the makers were trying to do and convey with the film. My humble opinion? IT FUCKING SUCKED. IT BROKE NEW BARRIERS OF SUCK AND REDEFINED THE MEANING OF SUCK. And the entire time I watched it, I realized that a whole breed of aspiring pretentious film majors would cling to its every moment of it because it flamboyantly and masturbatorily flaunts a few devices of good film making. JUST BECAUSE A FILM FAILS IN YOUR AGE DEMOGRAPHIC DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GOOD. From a technical perspective: it was done poorly. From a base perspective: there was never any reason to keep watching it moment after moment, and yet I did because I thought it might better me as a person.

Back in January I went into the Paris Virgin Megastore, and to my surprise I saw an absurd quantity of dvds of "Monsieur Schmidt". That made me think, FRANCE, YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID FOR HAVING FALLEN FOR THIS RUSE.

The emperor is REALLY FUCKING NAKED AND HIS BALLS ARE SHRINKING FROM THE COLD.

GyeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahHhhhh

FUCK

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 08:18 AM       
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 10:11 AM       
I got bored in the middle of About Shit and stopped watching it.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 02:09 PM       
Ha, obviously your senses of humour are simply not fine enough to pick up how utterly dry the comedy is. Perhaps you don't like dry humour, but I am a big fan, and therefore found the film excellent. I know lots of other people that enjoyed it for the same reason; it's just extremely funny when you really understand how Payne is lampooning the banality of life. Either way, I still say it's the best film of 2002, and I think the film is well made technically as well. I haven't seen the film in about a year so I really can't remember everything to defend it. I stand by it being a modern classic though.

Also, I don't even think About Schmidt falls in my age demographic. What would you say the demographic is, but I was maybe 18 or 19 when I first saw it. I can't really see how a film about a senior who's wife has died and then rides around in a winnebago could be in my demographic. Isn't my demographic supposed to watch Blade and Harold and Kumar and shit like that?
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 03:49 PM       
I haven't seen it, but I'm obligated to like it seeing as it has Jack Nicholson.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 05:25 PM       
I agree with Seth.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 07:09 PM       
I agree with Jixby.

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 06:47 PM       
I agree with Zomboid and I would like to add that I already said that About Shit was a stupid movie just like I said that Lost in Craptation is too.