Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Kenster102.5 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 12:52 PM        Best Way To Cook French Fries
What is the best way to cook french fries with out using a fyer. Just with oil and a pot and a oven? Or The packaged kind?
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 04:10 PM       
1 c vegetable oil (olive oil maybe?)
1/2c soy sauce
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 bay leaf

marinate meat in this overnight then cook it on bbq it will be gr8
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:06 PM       
There are an almost limitless amount of ways to cook our friend, the humble yet mighty potato. However, me working on the first real drunk i've had in over two months, i can only think of three. Deep-fried whole, poached or on the rotisserie. None of these answer the Kenster's question of "fries" without a fryer.

I'll refrain from facitiousness. there is hope but i would have to ask what yer working with to start. If you got a bag of frozen from the store, rip 'em open and follow the directions on the bag, making sure you turn them at least once, preferably about 5 minutes before the bag states they're done to ensure browning and even crispness.
Now if yer working with raw potatoes and making fries from scratch, that's heroin of an entirely different color.

For homemade, fryer-less fries, your best friend will be the oven. Preheat that bitch to 400 Farenheit. I assume yer working with Russet potatoes. If not, it doesn't matter much. Peeling them is optional but washing them shouldn't be as they grow in the ground and have dirt on them, much like one of my cousin's boys that i met at a wedding this weekend.Wash under cold water and DON'T USE SOAP, YA DUMBASS!

Now how big are yer fries? This will alter cooking time. "Steak Fries" are huge, basically a potato cut lengthwise into 4 or 6 pieces. Next would be a roughly 1/4 inch (1-1.5 centimeters) julienne, about the size at most diners. Then there is 1/8 inch (half centimeter) ala McDonalds.

After cutting, rinse them off again to get rid of the excess starch that exudes from them. Pat them dry with paper towels or whatever and toss them in a LITTLE oil. This helps to prevent them sticking to the pan and/or each other. I'd say about a tablespoon per pound or two. Olive oil would probably give them extra flavor but peanut isn't bad either as its flavorless and has a high smoking point so you don't burn the goddamn house down.

Bake on a cookie sheet, IN A SINGLE LAYER, at 400 for 15-20 minutes for 1/8 inch, 20-25 for 1/4 inch, and 30-40 for Steak Fries. Be sure to turn them at least half way through cooking for even browning. Times are guesses so check them. If still raw, cook longer.

Extras to add: chopped rosemary
paprika
minced garlic or garlic powder
sliced crimini mushrooms
freshly ground black pepper
babies
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:46 AM       
Yeah man getting drunk and posting on message boards is great Jedi'S cum

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:35 AM       
I KNOW! It's like riding my bicycle WITHOUT a helmet!