Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 08:31 PM        Art School?
My girlfriend is a Japanese native, but she wants to move here and go to an art school. I'm in NC and looking at the Art Institute of Charlotte. If y'all know about this stuff, could you recommend any good schools around the country? Cheaper is always nice :3

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 03:35 PM       
I was gunning for the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, but ditched the idea since they've only gotten regional accreditation a few months ago, even though they were founded in 1929.

So if you're looking for a fucking sweet art school, it's a good bet, but not if you're actually looking for a degree that's worth the paper it's printed on.
What? Me worry?
Slobulus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:57 PM       
I've no experience with art school and im really envious of those who do because im betting its a wonderful experience. Unfortunately for me, its a little too hard to stop what im doing just to try it. So much going on and not enough money to pay a good art school.

Sorry I couldnt bare any help here. Goodluck. Im sure she'll do fine.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 11:17 PM       
massart in boston is a great place. my sister went there for photography and i went to a couple of her gallery openings there and it was awesome. i don't know first hand about the school, but i haven't really heard any bad things about it.

i'm going to umass lowell right now for art, and their art program is awesome, and we're moving the entire art department to a much bigger and better building over the next year or two. so it'll just get better from there
No sir, I don't like it
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 12:34 AM       
Thanks a lot for the replies. Massart sounds amazing, and umass lowell too, but I can't find a way to request an information packet on the website

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 12:59 PM       
umass lowell is awesome, but if she's looking to do like, strictly art then i would say massart. oh, and definitely massart if she wants to get crazy involved. i guess you can't really go to the school without being a "part" of the school if you know what i mean.
No sir, I don't like it
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 12:06 AM       
Yeah that's what I figured, getting involved with other students, galleries and openings and whatnot are probably the most important

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 11:37 AM       
Part of me always wished I'd gone to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. I took some classes there, but I was heading for a completely-opposite major, so I ended up elsewhere.
POKEMON MASTER.
mmm_braaains is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
I just got a scholarship from The Columbus College of Art and Design.
I won't be attending until next fall, but the facility looks really nice
and all of the faculty I've met have seemed pretty cool. I can't wait to attend. =]