Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 02:42 PM       
I saw the expansions available for pc on Amazon. I'm sure they are purchasable at a local software pimp.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM       
The only real time PC has an advantage like that is when the engine is open to the public and the fan base is strong. Like the days of Doom and Warcraft 2. Oh and I bet I can sight quicker with a mouse if we ever get to play 360 V pc.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 10:10 PM       
i just finished LOOM

what the fuck swans
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 06:57 PM       
seeing as LOOM sucked complete balls (although i'd love to see the gameplay, using drafts/songs/spells to solve puzzles, expanded in a longer game) i'm now downloading the secret of monkey island special edition!!!!!!!!!!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 08:11 PM       
I want to play The Dig
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:46 AM       
Then why don´t you play it? It´s on Steam if I´m not mistaken (note to self, buy the dig after being fed up with demon souls).
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:56 AM       
Replaying Twilight Princess for fun. The game gets a lot of crap, but I like it. Not as much as Link to the Past or Majora's Mask, but I still like it.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM       
Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time

GO....
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 10:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time

GO....
i liked twilight princess but hated wind waker

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 11:01 AM       
Oh.. I liked Wind waker even more than I liked Twilight Princess.

For me its like

Link to the Past = Wind Waker > Twilight Princess = Majoras Mask > Legend of Zelda = Ocarina of Time > all the other ones.

I might even say Legend was better than Ocarina just because its the original and retro.
has a woody
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM       
Link to the Past is my absolute favorite. Nothing wrong with that game.

Majora's Mask is second; the world was dense and the side stories fleshed everything out. More Zeldas need to be that experimental (it was dark, twisted, and the game structure was really different, even today).

Wind Waker's nice and all, but sailing sucks balls, and the Triforce Quest is the worst fetch quest in the history of videogames (find 8 maps, payover 3000 rupees, sail for a few hours to find the 8 pieces. Okay you can play the rest of the game now).

Legend has aged horribly. You need a guide to beat that game; there's no way to figure that shit out yourself. "Grumble Grumble"?! How the hell am I supposed to know that means to go find a shop on the other side of the world and buy meat?

The handheld games don't get enough love, though. Awakening was awesome, and the Oracle games were really, really cool. Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass were a little disappointing, though.

Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 12:37 PM       
Link to the Past is the best in the series in my opinion.
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Link to the Past is my absolute favorite. Nothing wrong Everything is perfect with that game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
Link to the Past is the best in the series in my opinion.
Link to the Past is the pentacle of Zelda games. The only way it could get better than that is to possibly do a precise 3D remake with Twilight Princes graphics.

I LOVED sailing in Windwaker! That you had to sail around to all these different islands was a fresh change for the series I thought. The fact that I love sailing in real life probably contributed to my thoughts on that though. Without a doubt though Windwaker had the BEST ending ever!

rockfuckcunt
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM       
i have to second/third/fourth? about LTTP. actually, i'd probably say that it's my favorite snes game ever, as well as the best zelda game. but, as cool as a 3D remake would look, it would actually detract from gameplay. i feel like seeing the top-down view of an entire (or most of) a room contributed to the puzzles. unless they just amped up the graphics but kept the camera angle

nah that would still suck

after having finished LOOM and now playing through monkey island for the one billionth time (btw, everyone fucking buy it. it's perfecccccccccccccccct) i might try out the dig. it got a lot of crappy reviews, at least compared to lucasfilms other adventure games. however, as long as it's better/longer than LOOM then i'll pay the 5 bucks for it

edit with actually editing: nevermind i'm just fucking buying it
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:15 PM       
Windwaker is the peak of the Zelda series and somewhere deep down I always knew that :<

I didn't want to accept it and I let Nintendo cocktease me with Twilight Princess for three years, but when I played it finally it was so awful that it felt like they'd just given up on the franchise entirely.

I don't blame them, though, I certainly have.

As for LTTP I played it to completion once then never touched it again. It was ok, Link's Awakening was better.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:21 PM       
God, Link's Awakening is such a fucking good game.

I should play it now, even!

ADDENDENDEUNDUDNEUM: Upon reflection, my favorite part of Link to the Past is making the Dark World trees give Link a blowjob.
has a woody
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
I LOVED sailing in Windwaker! That you had to sail around to all these different islands was a fresh change for the series I thought. The fact that I love sailing in real life probably contributed to my thoughts on that though. Without a doubt though Windwaker had the BEST ending ever!
Nothing happened when you sailed. You outran all the enemies, and even if you fought them, it was pretty frustrating. I set the controller down and played LttP while I waited to play Wind Waker again. If the ocean was a little smaller, I wouldn't have minded so much. Stabbing Ganondorf in the head was neat, but the ending was such a downer. Should have made all of Hyrule explorable after you got the Triforce. Or drained the ocean after you rang the bell at the top of the tower. Either way, fuck the fetch quest.

Plus, everyone's faces were really creepy. What I'm really waiting for is a cel-shaded Zelda that looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0471402352.jpg

Just got the Master Sword in TP. I'm finding myself liking Midna more than last time (not that I hated her; I liked her then, too), and I'm noticing all of the little details they added in the dungeons and towns. One of my favorites is the old, opened chest in thew Sacred Grove, which was opened by you when you warp back in to the Temple of Time. Clever little details like that is always neat to find. Wind Waker had a lot of that hidden in the castle and on the pirate ship that you just wouldn't find unless you took a good look around.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:39 PM       
YE LUBBERS DON'T UNDERSTAND

WHEN IT'S JUST YE

AND THE SEA

Most of the time when I was going somewhere in WindWaker I'd get sidetracked by an island or a sea tower or a submarine, and I'd go and wreck their shit Errol Flynn style and then jump back into my boat and sail off loaded down with booty. It's the only good pirate game to date, and that's a big part of why I love it.
rockfuckcunt
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 03:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
It's the only good pirate game to date, and that's a big part of why I love it.
lolololololololololololololololol
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 03:58 PM       
That I've played, I mean

DO YOU EVEN SACK OUTPOSTS IN MONKEY ISLAND? NO? FUCK OFF
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM       
I totally see where GW is coming from with that. Monkey Island is a great pirate themed adventure game but you dont actually get to do much pirating if any at all. You dont get to board someones ship and wreck the place up and make off with their loot. Guybrush is too obsessed with the tang.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM       
WAY TO TURN THE WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING NOW THREAD INTO THE ARGUMENT THREAD DIMNOS.

YOU ASSHOLE WHO WON'T PLAY WaW WITH ME.
rockfuckcunt
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM       
i never said MI was the greatest pirate game! definitely the best adventure game though

i really like sid meyer's pirates

there
rockfuckcunt
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
WAY TO TURN THE WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING NOW THREAD INTO THE ARGUMENT THREAD DIMNOS.

YOU ASSHOLE WHO WON'T PLAY WaW WITH ME.
I'VE POINTED THIS OUT MANY TIMES BEFORE. APPARENTLY NO ONE CARES EXCEPT US SAM. FORUM JUSTICE
The Unicorn
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM