Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:15 AM        Weekly Comic Review: Countdown to Final Crisis
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Comic Review: Countdown to Final Crisis.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:35 AM       
Proto: I am convinced that Mary Marvels entire arc was based on the fact that when Kieth Giffen created an alternate reality evil Mary Marvel in black leather for a humor book he wrote the year prior to "Countdown", it was kind of hot.

IF YOU'RE TWELVE.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM       
I hope Final Crisis is the final crisis, seriously.
Last of the Time Lords
Doctor_Who is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:09 PM       
Looking forward to Final Crisis, but I admit that Countdown has been a big waste of a year.

One of the things I liked about Infinite Crisis and 52 was that they actually let the minor characters get the spotlight for once. 52 is the only time in history I have ever actually been interested in reading about guys like Black Adam and Booster Gold.

But now they are really scraping the bottom of the superhero barrel. Donna, Holly, Jimmy and Mary are truly boring no matter what you do with them, and a lackluster story like this isn't likely to improve matters.

As for Jason Todd, all I can say is that I'm working on a machine that will transport me into a comic book just so I can kill him again myself. I say we strap him and Bucky Barnes to a torpedo and fire it into the sun.

I don't generally mind when much beloved characters who have been killed return, because while it can make for a lousy story it also appeases the many fans who miss them. Next time Jean Grey lurches back to the land of the living (maybe that really is her on that Skrull ship) I'll roll my eyes but accept it because she is an important character.

But seriously, do you think there were legions of fans clamoring for Jason Todd's triumphant return to the world of douchebaggery? What were they thinking?
Julio is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM       
It's been a long time since I read any kind of comics, but I thing that the rare #1 issue of Lobo the Duck I found at a cheap store was more valuable than this.
Forum Virgin
elementalblazer is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM       
I object to the bucky statement, Ed Brubacker did a great job of bringing back Bucky and giving him a great story line.
Crazed Techno-Biologist
Dungeonbrownies is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM       
Behold, the continuing decline of American comic industry. this is why foreigners manage to pack so much of their garbage into the states [yes, theres alot of good stuff in there too, but some of it is just pure garbage and you know it as well as anyone else]

also why i try to stick to webcomics and cartoons.
By Hawkings Chair!
Hugh Jerection is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM       
DC has sucked ass for years.
The only interesting stories are either on the Vertigo label or are part of the 'Elseworlds' line.
For example, Preacher. Absolute joy to read from first cover to last.
Superman: Birthrite or Red Son. The 2 best Superman stories I have EVER read.

Booster Gold? Black Adam? Jimmy Olsen? waste of ink.
Harley Quinn? Good in the animated series, other than that she is only any good when having Rule #34 applied :D
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2008, 05:24 PM       
but the idea that this series is supposed to generate any interest or excitement in the event it's supposed to lead into is like having a five-year-old with a kazoo open for the Rolling Stones.

But wouldn't hearing the kazoo playing make you want to see The Rolling Stones even more?

Maybe 'tis a clever ruse to generate anxiousness among the comic book nerds for the Final Crisis by it's sheer uneventfulness.
neoboman is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:42 AM       
I must say, reading youse guys review of comics, you guys seem to hate 95% of the comics you read.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:17 AM       
that's relatively close to the amount stated in sturgeon's law, though

or were you not aware that 90% of everything is crud
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 12th, 2008, 02:36 PM       
I love Sturgeons law. He was one smart fella.

Even the one time he did something bad, it was great. Did you know he wrote 'Killdozer'? A story about a posessed bulldozer? And that there was a made for TV movie based on it? And that Marvel did a one shot comic adaptation of the movie?

Pure stupid gold.