Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 03:35 PM       
Holy shit! I just found parts of an old Cobra action figure that must've been the worst of them all. I don't think they ever showed him in the cartoon, either.

It's a guy who's bare-chested, with a Robin-like eyemask on and a big nose. He's got an eagle's head as a hat, and he had a backpack with cloth wings on it. Before I lost it, he also had an eagle that could be perched on his arm, but I remember it breaking off all the time. Anyone got his name? Right now, he's lost his hat, eagle and backpack, his crotch's snapped off (they're always the first to go) and the rubber band keeping his torso and legs connected has torn.
Vomit is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:41 PM       
I think you're talking about Raptor. He came out when Cobra was starting to get a little weird.

I kinda liked him.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:08 PM       
Yeah, I fondly remember Raptor. He was in that line with the Battle-Armored Cobra Commander and Big Boa. While I agree with the outfit (which makes him look like the Lone Ranger's pathetic younger cousin), it's really hard to easily dismiss those Cobras whose name does not end up ending with -Viper.

Still...that outfit is goofy.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:30 PM       
Outback

History is a cruel bitch. What could be termed as acceptable one year could be something vastly different the next. While this change and the resultant change of attitudes and the fairness of it all could be argued, it does result in some entertaining paradoxes.

Such an example is Rambo III. You know, the one where Rambo goes into Afghanistan and helps the Rebels throw out the Russians. Put that into today's context, and you have Rambo throwing out one American enemy for another, more dangerous one. All of this is unfair, of course. One simply can't put a '80s brainless action flick up for today's rules unless one wants to put more of a restriction on subject material. While these paradoxes will and always will exist, it's simply a part of fiction.

So where am I going with this? Simple. Outback's filecard describes him as a survivalist from Idaho. This is unfortunate for two reasons: 1) the reason above, and 2) because he is the gayest fucking survivalist I've ever seen.

His 'uniform' is nothing more than fatigues and a stupid white shirt that says 'Survival' which he probably got from a crafts store. It's stupid. Survivalists--those who aren't stupid Biblebeating hicks who walk around their house in their underwear and holding a .45, mumbling about that darn government--are usually the type to either dress conservatively or effectively. What does Outback do? He wears some pants he probably weaseled from an Army surplus store and a shirt that could only blend in JC Penney. He doesn't look like a man who could live off the land as a poser who looks like he knows what kind of bark to eat but eventually gets rescued five days later on the other side of the mountain, in the fetal position, whining about his last bottle of Evian. Plus his head looks like a toned down Kris Kristoffson. Huh??

Plus the name is stupid. 'Outback' brings to mind Australia. Not some Idaho loser with an awful shirt. It's just a faux pas, really. But maybe Hasbro was trying to tie in this figure with the brief American career of Yahoo Serious? Mad Max? Jocko? Who the hell knows.

So, Outback sits next to Tollbooth on the 'unfortunate names' bench, remembered only because he was probably the Joe who got kicked out because he didn't pay his taxes, then sneaked back in to hand out pamphets with erronous, exaggerating facts about God full of those stupid number games that somehow foretell (after the fact) how the 9/11 attacks were all tied to the number 73. After an incident in which Gung Ho and Stalker kick his ass for being a jerk, Outback is kicked out off the grounds and for five days stations himself by the ditch by the Joe HQ entrance and stages a 'protest' with a crappy blue and purple K-Mart tent until he's taken away in an ambulance after his diet of strange red berries and squirrel shit cause him to get violently ill. After that? Nothing but a sad pathetic footnote in history.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:51 AM       
Thanks for the picture. God only knows why they called him "Raptor". His filecard is pretty ridiculous too. "yuppie tax consultant..."
Dynamic Dustin M. is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:43 PM       
I ran across this when I was surfing through the archives and I had to throw my two cents in. Why? Because.

First off, Alpine was the coolest Joe simply because he was the token black guy on the show. He had some cool lines and how can you not like a guy who uses a Mountain Grappling Hook to grab unto a Cobra Bubble and then smash the bastard driving it through the window with a fist?

By the way, don't give me any shit about that basketball playing Joe being the token black guy. He can rot in hell.

Second, obscure Joes in my opinion are almost a dime a dozen. I always tried to figure out what the hell happened to the "not quite ready for Primetime" Joes that Sgt. Slaughter was training in the movie...
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 12:02 AM       
Alpine wasn't the token black guy. What about Roadblock and Stalker?

DocBubonic is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 01:33 PM       
All the sports related G.I. Joe characters were awful.

Capt. Grid Iron, The Fridge, the loser with the basketball jersey in the G.I. Joe movie, and even Rockie (for a brief period of time) all were horrible. Now that I think about it, I think there was one joe called Slugger.

I'm glad these losers didn't make it to the comics (except Slugger, then again he's probably the best of the bunch).

The Cobra-la nonsense was a disgusting abortion of an idea. That horrendous idea pretty much killed G.I. Joe.

Galvatron is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 07:49 PM       
The most forgotten and BEST characters were the forces of Cobra-La, Golobulus, especially, was THE freakin' best.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 05:57 PM       
I dunno, the Cobra-La guys were kinda cool in the movie until they just started beating down Cobra Commander. Come on, Nemesis Enforcer was the MAN.

I should probably do a few of those water-spray figures, or maybe those goofy aliens.

DocBubonic is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 12:57 AM       
Cobra-la was a horrible abomination. I'm glad that mess never was seen in the comics.

I personally think Cobra-la was what caused the TV show to be canceled. It was a fucking cancer on the TV show.