Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:30 PM        astraltraveling
So, last night, a merry night. Astral traveling I went.

Normally I'm willing to reduce my astral traveling down to hallucinations and absolute bullshit because I'm either high beyond all belief or havent slept for a week. Even dreaming becomes a posibility with me.

Last night I was on the phone with someone when I was doing it, and I guess I tried to bring them with me, and it worked sort of-- so they say, and so I say. but they got all afraid and started crying saying they were afraid to go there. I mostly blacked out when some of this occured, or was in a deep trance pulling wires from crawling figures, or just in some place beyond staring at hyroglyphic-like-words on a shiny red stone shaped architectually floating in freefall and slowly loosing my breath.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:41 PM       
Hmm... last night I felt like throwing up, but I held it in for a few hours and ended up with diarrhea instead.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:42 PM       
yea, I threw up after a couple hours too.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 12:16 AM       
Hey, I'm a big fan of this sort of thing; are you able to make yourself hallucinate (without drugs) or visualize things so well that you can actually see them with your eyes? I know a lot of people have learned this ability and it can be cultivated (with varying degrees of difficulty); I was wondering if you could give me some tips.
Resident Chimp
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 12:40 AM       
Here's Chimp's Guide to Convincing Yourself What is Not Real Really Is:

1.) Burn yourself out doing school work in one second-year university semester.

2.) Catch pneumonia from weakness due to lack of sleep from doing assignments obsessively.

3.) Listen to your father bitch about work. Constantly.

4.) Act clingy with your very, very, very, very special/close female friend who is on the verge of possibly becoming the other person in a serious relationship.

5.) Flip out and become depressed.

Once you pass this stage, I guarantee that you will be trying to grab a hold of whatever you can to keep you happy, even if that means having conversations with people you care about in your head.

And believing that those conversations actually took place... for a little while at least.

EDIT: I forgot... if you still aren't there after Step 5, write an 11 PAGE LETTER to said female friend. I call that Step Deep Six.
BANNED

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 12:59 AM       
Take acid

I can "Make myself see things" to an extent, and I see cats to and fro along with varying other animal forms. Mostly I see things with my eyes closed before bed, very graphic and detailed, along with odd things you wouldn't expect to see that hold a surreal flavor.
PLus the fact that you KNOW you left your body, there's just no denying. The body you're in feels way different, and you can feel the wind and whatever's around you, I saw so much shit last night it was great.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:22 AM       
Sometimes when I doze off during class, I have hallucinations. I was half asleep during a lecture and it felt like the people next to me were poking me all over my body. When my eyes are half open I see things as well. :/
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
Take acid
I have, and I know just what the experience is like. But I'm trying to keep to the drug-free route these days, and I was looking for a way to train myself to visualize without chemical help and preferably without fucking with my mind in general (i.e. sleep deprivation). I have read essays by chaos magicians who are able to project images onto their surroundings with their eyes open and psionics who are able to close their eyes and (with enough meditation) play in front of their eyes any scene they wish. I know that there is no empirical evidence and they may be either embellishing their stories or just plain making them up, but they sound convincing and they all agree that it's possible to train your mind to do these things.

So I'll keep trying..no acid though. :P Wish me luck.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:37 AM       
chaos magicians?
*insert D&D joke here*
BANNED

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:51 AM       
Hm, open your third eye, visualize shit. I can make myself see some shit, nothing spectacular I suppose.

The easiest way wou ld be lucid dreaming
The easiest way to lucid dream in a vivid manner is to catch yourself right before you fall asleep. Just gotta relax your body and kick back, then start visualizing scenes and flowing with it and you'll enter a dream. ALso you could try, leaving your forearm up(off the bed) before you fall asleep to get the feeling for it, I know some people have tried that and say it works.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 02:17 AM       
I've been practicing lucid dreaming. The best method I've found is to get in the habit of frequently checking digital clocks and watches. If you're dreaming, more often than not, the time on a digital clock will change rapidly and randomly every time you look at it. Also, if you are starting to wake up or afraid you will, making yourself dizzy or waving your arms wildly in your dream will usually force your mind into submission and keep you asleep.

Also, interrupted sleep is conducive to lucid dreams. Letting the alarm go off at 5 AM and again at 6 and then sleeping til 8 seems to produce good results. Unfortunately, I can't do that, since I have a roommate, so I usually end up with less than five-minute periods of lucidity because he just punches the 5 min snooze button about a dozen times.

If only it could be done more easily and consistently, lucid dreaming could be the best possible form of entertainment...imagine having a couple of hours every day where you could do absolutely whatever you wanted...
BANNED

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:41 AM       
i heard they have these laser eyelights for practicing lucid dreaming, I dont have much of a problem with it anymore. I have like at least a few each month, typically like one every other night to varrying degrees.

As for seeing shit you have to sink back in your vision a little bit and look for like a static layer almost, like a fuzzyness. Try focusing on something till you see it. Like bright lights before anything you see, but so tiny it looks like a vast city, you can even see it in the darkness. I think it might actually be nueron discharges in the brain.
Then kick back in your room before bed, relax and wait for a veil of darkness to pass your eyes(you'll know it, it's a literal veil everything changes hue for a moment then comes back, or it might just stay black), look in the darkest corners of your room. That's when I see alot of shit, it's so great. Not sure if it's actually seeing things of spiritual nature, or if it's just fucking with my mind.
Last night was waaaaay something else, it was like beyond acid even in some regards, I lost who I was and where I was, and all track of time and histories. It was like all past present and future was the same time, kind of trippy when you're on the phone and you halfway think you can prophecize what's going to be said-- and at the same time you dont even fucking know you're on the phone because you've sunk completely into someone's voice and you dont know what the fuck they are saying you just know how to flow along.
Then again I'm a critic about everything, so I scrutinize everything I do and say to the point that I have no opinion but know about 50 things it could be, that's why everything I say is flavorless and confusing to my own apparant momentum. Maybe I just have the same conceptually paranoid nature as everyone though.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 08:12 AM       
P-Dog, interrupted sleep is what the lucid eyecovers are about. Somehow they're supposed to detect REM and flash when it happens. I used to be able to lucid dream and see imaginary shit all the time as a wee one, but I can hardly ever do it these days. Probably because I've subconciously killed my imagination since when I was young I'd imagine zombies breaking into my room and eating me alive :>

I've also heard it's bad to lucid dream on a regular basis because your mind doesn't get any rest.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 10:05 AM       
boot camp killed my lucid dreaming mastery.

at least i look back at it as mastery because ever since its been sporadic.

best chances are to make sure you get a little extra time to sleep.. often going to bed early helps the ability to lucid dream.. along with the interrupted sleep technique.

anyone keeping a dream journal? if so, does it help?
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 12:12 PM        Dreamin
I took a course here at Stanford from Dr. Laberge, the inventor of the machine you speak of. He heads the lucidity institute here on campus.
Really neat subject.

And yes....it is fun when you can do it at will. I've been doing it since I was kid. I just never knew what it was.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:46 PM       
I always have lucid dreams in which i try to tell every that it is a dream, but my voice always die when i go to sat the word "dream"
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:56 PM       
you fucking lucky bastards.

I can't even tell when I'm dreaming, seeing as I never remember them. I do have a feeling that time has passed and that I've been somewhere else than here when I wake up, without a clock, I could tell you for about how long I slept. I don't experience dreams sentiently, only did it when I was really small, but I do always remember feeling time slowly pass while being asleep, but I never remember any dreams anymore.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 02:24 PM        LOL
That blows......

I'm one of the lucky ones, I have epic dreams. The kind where you wake up in the middle of the night, but you don't want them to end. So you go back to sleep and pick up where you left off.

Those are my favorites.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 04:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Here's Chimp's Guide to Convincing Yourself What is Not Real Really Is:

1.) Burn yourself out doing school work in one second-year university semester. ...
Listening to a Bush speech usually does it for me. If you can believe his fairy tales ...

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 06:31 PM       
I have dreams that are lucid but uncontrolable, in which I meet other people who stay the same throughout the entire dream, and my placement stays the same. Everything is incredibly real, and I know I'm dreaming.

A few times i've met other people in my dreams who knew they were dreaming too, and we conversed.
Resident Chimp
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
Did they remember talking to you afterwards, too?
BANNED

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 01:42 AM       
I never met them, dipshit. They were just in my dreams having a dream. If you pay attention to your dreams you would notice people and places change alot, in these dreams they all stay the same, and details are very intricate.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 03:53 PM       
First class or coach and is there an in-flight meal?

Wherever you go, there you are.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 04:00 PM       
Quote:
Hey, I'm a big fan of this sort of thing; are you able to make yourself hallucinate (without drugs) or visualize things so well that you can actually see them with your eyes? I know a lot of people have learned this ability and it can be cultivated (with varying degrees of difficulty); I was wondering if you could give me some tips.
Become a schizophrenic or pyschotic.
Good times!
BANNED

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 07:30 PM       
TAKE JIMSON WEED!!!

Serious.

it was a life changing experience.