Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

kgp4death is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 10:42 PM        Artifically Induced Snow (china made it snow)
So i guess china shot up some clouds with chemicals and made it snow/rain. That is just asking for trouble. People shouldn't be fucking with nature like this.

http://current.com/items/91348928_ar...n-and-snow.htm
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:43 AM       
so they've discovered technology we've been using for 40 years? whoop-de-fuckin doo
Banned

Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:41 AM       
well there is a difference between normal chem trails that "do whatever they do" and making it snow, rain is one thing but snow that's pretty crazy.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM       
i think this is actually a very interesting topic though..i knew that cloud seeding was possible but i had no idea that everyone was actually using it.

i think it's bad, droughts are supposed to happen, crops are supposed to die, people are supposed to starve. i love science but really, i think there is a point where it just goes too far.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
i think [cloud-seeding to induce rain or snow is] bad, droughts are supposed to happen, crops are supposed to die, people are supposed to starve. i love science but really, i think there is a point where it just goes too far.
I don't agree; science can't fundamentally change weather patterns (yet) but humans can and do modify our environment - it's part of what defines us as human. Inducing rain or snow at certain times and in certain places would be no different than diverting rivers for irrigation. In my opinion, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
so they've discovered technology we've been using for 40 years? whoop-de-fuckin doo
Yeah, that's what I figured - I was about 10 when I first heard about this.
You may already be there.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:08 AM       
Rainforests have been seeding clouds with their bacteria for millions of years. OLD NEWS.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I don't agree; science can't fundamentally change weather patterns (yet) but humans can and do modify our environment - it's part of what defines us as human. Inducing rain or snow at certain times and in certain places would be no different than diverting rivers for irrigation. In my opinion, of course.
And this.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM       
Who the fuck cares, I watch tv out of the back of a hummer.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:15 PM       
my only real concern with this issue is that china has been stealing other countries' weather, and this seems to point to cobra commander being involved somehow
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgp4death View Post
well there is a difference between normal chem trails that "do whatever they do" and making it snow, rain is one thing but snow that's pretty crazy.
Did you not go to grade school? Do you seriously not know what snow is?
OH GOD
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM       
yeah snow isn't really any different from rain except it's probably actually easier to do snow since cold air can't hold as much moisture as warm air
Banned

Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:22 PM       
yeah but snow is cold and shit, and they just made it snow a little while ago (ie not cold enough yet)....I am reminded of "back to the future 2" (remember the weather service)
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:25 PM       
Hey, your brother took a hint, why can't you?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:35 PM       
OH GOD
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:05 PM       
since when is late october "too early for snow". it was 29 degrees out (-2 celsius), what the hell else kind of precipitation are they gonna make
Banned

Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:01 AM       
they can make it randomly snow now that is the whole point of the post.
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:15 AM       
but can they make it stick to dead brothers?
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.
Banned

Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:38 AM       
No but it might stick to your twat you faggot
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:00 AM       
i think my twat is way hotter than your dead beanie brother, so if it wont stick to him then i got nothing to worry about.

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 02:31 AM       
Quote:
No but it might stick to your twat you faggot
GIMMIE YOUR FUCKING CREDIT CARD NUMBER NOW
OH GOD
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 05:14 AM       
Quote:
they can make it randomly snow now that is the whole point of the post.
no, they can only make it snow when there's precipitation in the air and when the ambient temperature is less than 32 degrees fahrenheit. THE CHINKS ARE NOT MAGIC.

seriously, we've been making it snow for decades. LOOK IT THE FUCK UP
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:13 AM       
I've seen snow three times
Banned

Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:32 AM       
we get feet of snow, I actually snowboard quite a bit (40 or so times a season - season passes obviously - which run me a mere 200 bucks) I Love it!!!
i will let you down
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM       
lalala lalaa

Last edited by george : Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: oops
i will let you down
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM       

you could at least have a break in the fun to dust him off