Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The_voice_of_reason is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 11:59 PM        I am building a shrine to Maynard from Tool
It's going in my bathroom... A Perfect Circle rocks too.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:46 AM       
I thought you were the voice of goddamn reason.
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:53 AM       
What? WHAT? are you saying that having a complete and total dedication to the greatest man alive is unreasonable. That hurts man.

I hate you.

drumaster is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:12 AM       
I can give it to him if you want, he lives like 20 mins from me
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:28 AM       
He lives about 3hrs. from me. Whats your point?
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 04:38 AM       
drumaster lives closer to whats-his-face from tool than you do. That's the point, you stupid fuck.

Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 06:01 AM       
Fuck Tool.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 11:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Fuck Tool.
Fuckin' A! One of the more overrated bands of the 90s, although their videos were cool.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:11 PM       
Don't call Tool overrated. The Beatle were overrated, Led Zepplin was overrated, Tool is the real thing. Have you ever seen them in concert? they rule the entire universe.

Also I am sick of people telling me "Tool sucks, but their videos are pretty cool" the videos are direct interpritations of the music. So the greatness of the videos are a direct result of the greatness of their music.

"This body, makes me feel that I am not alone. In this body holding me, we are eternal all this pain is an illusion."
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:41 PM       
Hey fuck you. The Beatles are the greatest band ever. Don't you ever compare The Beatles with Tool you stupid fucking cunt.
FlakTrooper is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:50 PM       
The Beatles are not the greatest band ever, but, as much as I like Tool, they are not even in the same league as the Beatles.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 02:25 PM       
Tool are extremely overrated. I'm not going to lie to you, i liked Aenima. But it wasn't some masterwork of thoughtfulness and intelligence, like all the pseudo-intellectual fans like to think. It was music.

No, Tool is not some sort of major force in changing the way people think. If you think that they are, you can go fuck yourself. Prove to me that Tool are not just spouting "intelligent" and meaningless drivel, i'll gladly retract this statement.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 02:41 PM       
Anyone who thinks Tool rules the universe needs to be put to sleep. Tool is definatly over rated. Tool isn't even that great. If anything, they're ok. On a scale from 1-10 I'd give them maybe a 5 or a 5 and half

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 04:41 PM       
They're a band, not Nietzsche 2.
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 09:57 PM       
The beatles were not that great. Here are some interpritations of tool.
http://innuendocornecopria.com/

They should help you to see that the lyrics aren't meaningless
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 10:03 PM       
OMG YOU'RE SO RIGHT. I SEE THE LIGHT NOW

TOOL ROX
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 01:15 AM       
Just jump on the wagon there.

Look here, i am not some musical evangelist. It is not my job or my want to convert you to my likes and dislikes. You said that Tools' lyics are " 'intelligent' and meaningless drivel" I disagree. I showed you why I disagree, you can hate Tool all you want.

As far as the Beatles go, GROW YOUR OWN FUCKING OPINIONS. I like to listen to them, but they are not some kind of musical gods. They were a product (more so than most music) and you bought it without even thinking. The beatles were the N'Sync of their day, then they abandoned their old ways and became Psedo-Spiritualists, thats when everyone decided that they were the greatest thing since Jesus.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:46 PM       
Sounds a little like Tool fans
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:48 PM       
You know what, I don't hate Tool, that's unfair.

I hate people who think Tool are the greatest band ever. Meaning idiots.

WorthlessLiar is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 04:56 PM        re
1. The Beatles were your parents band. Stop fucking listening to them and move on. No seriously, I don't care if they were good, stop giving an older generation credit for their music.

2. If Tool doesn't have intelligent lyrics, then who does? I think they do deserve some credit for incorporating literary devices such as imagery and irony into their music. Maynard's lyrics are as emotional as anything and sung as if he really means it.

3. Tool's music does provide an actual alternative to current trends in music. Their presence on the radio is anomalous.

Maybe it does suck hearing from a 14 year old that "TOOL is the BEST BAND EVAR", but give the guys some credit.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 05:00 PM       
You are such a fucking moron. My parent's band? Hey pal, fuck you. My 'parent's bands' are tons better then anything out there today, you tasteless goon.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 11:37 PM       
Quote:
3. Tool's music does provide an actual alternative to current trends in music. Their presence on the radio is anomalous
It sounds like you're implying that they've sold out which is true, but come on, how else are they going to support themselves if they're going to fully commit to making music?

I've alway relied on their music for some soul cleansings but I wouldn't go as far as calling them the greatest band ever. Pink Floyd is. If there wasn't a Pink Floyd there wouldn't be a Tool, cuz basically, Tool is pretty much a ripped off version of Floyd, lyrically speaking.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 02:57 AM       
I do agree with Geggy, Tool takes much of its influence from Floyd.

But seriously fuck you all. My opinion that Tool is the best band ever is not a reflection of my intellegence or maturity. It is a reflection of what i like musically. For Gods sake, i know people who i would consider intellegent who think that Cannibal Corpse is the best band ever.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 04:38 PM       
OH that is fucking it

Get the fuck out of here. You have THE WORST taste in music ever. Cannibal Corpse fucking rocks. You need to pack your shit and leave.

WorthlessLiar is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 08:12 PM        Selling Out
Actually Geggy, I was saying Tool is one of the few bands that success doesn't seem to have spoiled. Song structure-wise, Lateralus is their least comercial sounding release yet its been remarkably successful. Their popularity was a bit more hard won and without comprimise.

As far as Floyd goes (I do like them). Floyd was a group of musicians who were obviously influenced by earlier artists. Does that make their influences the best bands ever? I'm sick of ancestor worship when it comes to music. The notion that the best stuff was made in the past, therefor there cannot possibly be inovation from artists from the present pisses, me off.