Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM       
It just frustrates me when apple makes products that could do so much more but your not allowed to if it doesn't result in apple getting most of the money. Did you know that Iphones have FM radios in them but they never released the SDK for it it because they think you would stop buying mp3s from ituuuuuunes.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:38 PM       
Well, I've already cracked into it, but honestly, I don't need it to do much more. It has replaced my laptop; I sold it to buy the iPad. And I had a Toshiba tablet and a Gateway one. They were amazing. Definitely recommend the Tablet PCs. Unfortunately, most of the tablets and such are moving to slates that you can only use fingers with. I loved those pens. And you can't tell me that Apple was afraid that radio would kill mp3s. That's just d-u-m.

I've never bought anything from iTunes. Just a few things from the App Store, like a word processor and sketch program, which is very righteous. It's Sketchpad Pro, from Autodesk. They're the people that make the AutoCAD software. But yeah, I never played any games on my laptop. I just watched videos occasionally. Having to pull a 17" laptop out of my bag, waking it up from sleep, and connecting to an access point (which takes my laptop forever for some reason), just to watch a Youtube video I wanted to show someone - it just sucks. I can hold my computer with one hand, now. Because that's how I see it.

I understand not liking Apple. I've disliked a lot of their products. I don't like the iPhone. I don't like the iPod. iMacs are alright. I like the all-in-one design. But I bought this because I saw what it could do for me. It's all I need. It can do a number of things and it does them well, but, of course, it can't do everything.

Also, if a pen-computer is what you want, I've got a really nice pen that you can use on the iPad's capacitive touchscreen. It works very well in the sketch program. Also, I can type as fast on the on-screen keyboard as I do on a regular keyboard. The auto-correct, while it has been frustrating a couple times, fixes whatever couple errors I have had.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2010, 03:31 PM       
Samburglar: NOW YOU WEAR ASCOTS
Fathom: i member
Samburglar: AND SUEDE JACKETS
Fathom: I do have a purple suede jacker.
Fathom: jacket
Samburglar: I KNEW IT
Fathom: no, jacker
Samburglar: YOU PURPLE SUEDE JACKER
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Where is the keyboard? On the back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
It's a software keyboard.

I want something that can replace my laptop, too, but I don't think this is it. I might wait until wrist mounted HUDs are out.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post

I want something that can replace my laptop, too, but I don't think this is it. I might wait until wrist mounted HUDs are out.
You might want to try it first, if you can find one in Tazmania. It's bizarre how fast I can type on it. Of course, if you can't really touchtype, it doesn't really make a lot of sense. But if you hunt and peck for keys, then you're gonna be slow anyway so it doesn't matter.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:53 AM       
I type at blistering speeds. But I suppose the point to try it makes sense, even though I usually hate these sorts of things (TREND).

Also, there is no zed in my home state, yet everyone puts it in. WHY?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:59 AM       

And it's zeeeeeeeee, you big dummy.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:13 AM       
Tasmania, New Zealand, Australia, and Britain can spout off all the zeds they want if they can learn how to pronounce "paella"

Except the English are the only ones who are uppity about it, so... I guess... whatever, I don't care anymore

Quote:
"IT'S PRONOUNCED PIE-YAEYA, YOU STUPID LIMIE FUCK"

"snivel snivel snivel you don't pronounce Mexico as 'Mehico' snivel snivel sneer"

"AND YOU DON'T PRONOUNCE MARIJUANA OR TIJUANA AS 'MARI-JOO-WANNA' AND 'TEA-A-JOO-WANNA'."

"sneer snivel s****** bitch"

"YOU IGNORANT, BLOODY, PUSTULENT LITTLE CUNTGOB, PIE-YAEYA IS ALREADY ANGLICIZED! THE ACTUAL PRONUNCIATION IS PAH-AEYA, WITH NO CONJOINING SOUND. YOU'RE MAKING YOURSELF SOUND IGNORANT, SHALLOW, SNUGLY WRAPPED IN YOUR PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS OF INTELLECTUAL SUPERIORITY, AND COMPLETEY FUCKING RETARDED."

"But I'm English..."
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:16 AM       
Holy shit, the forums edit out s******?

Of course they do, holy shit. editing out s****** right before the word bitch is awesome.

snivel whine s****** bitch, snivel whine s****** bitch
Ancient Mariner
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM       
GIMME AN S

GIMME AN N

GIMME AN I

GIMMER A G

GIMME A G

GIMME AN E

GIMME AN R

WHAT'S THAT SPELL?

THAT SPELLS S******!
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:20 AM       
I said "zed" just then rather than "Z" for this exact reason

I actually prefer the American take on the letter, since it rhymes better.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:35 AM       
Whose Zed?
Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:21 PM       
Why does Apple keep putting out stuff with touch screens on them

Some of us don't want to get the screens dirty with our grotesque, fat fingers

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:44 AM       
macs are or lesbians
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Why does Apple keep putting out stuff with touch screens on them

Some of us don't want to get the screens dirty with our grotesque, fat fingers
And that is most of my issue with apple as well.

I wonder if a stylus would work though? Like the DS one
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:37 AM       
It requires a different kind of stylus, but yeah. I've got one. And it's easy to wipe completely clean if you want to. I don't really care because I've got a screen protector that blocks almost everything.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:58 PM       
Does it have an app that enables fluoride support?