Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM       
Super fascinating! ^o^

I wish you luck in your spreading of joy and happiness, and weaving dreamy dreams of niceness ^.^
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:27 AM       
I've always meant to try to have a lucid dream. From what I've read though, you need to wake up and stay away for one hour and if I sit in bed after waking up I probably won't make it a full hour.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 07:56 AM       
I've tried that technique of putting in a request for dream topics, thinking about stuff I'd like to dream about before bed, and so on. Never worked for me.

Last year I had a weird set of dreams in which Joey Ramone was telling me I had to wear a certain necklace. I'm not big on jewelry and especially not necklaces, and from what I remember I told him it wouldn't be happening. But he kept showing up, and I finally said I didn't even know where the damn necklace was, I lost it several moves ago.

In response, he walked over to a storage bin, rummaged around in it, came up with a bag, came up with a box inside it, and there was the necklace. I remembered it when I woke up, and just out of curiosity I went to the same storage bin...there was the bag, there was the box, there was the necklace.

It was all too weird and I did wear the necklace for a while. You win, Joey Ramone.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:26 PM       
Joey is so sweet, even in death.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM       
Yeah, he pops up from time to time with weird suggestions and requests. I don't quite understand it, but if that's what he wants to do with his afterlife, I'm okay with it.

Know what else is weird? I dreamed one time that I was dropping off Indian food at his apartment (???), down some dark hallway. All I remembered was that to the right, as you came in the door, there was a pink tapestry couch that was buried in assorted piles of shit. It was under a window. To the left was like a mattress thing in the corner with more papers and junk all over it. I dreamed this in probably '96, '97.

Then around the time he died, years later, "Don't Worry About Me" came out. Look at this.

There's the damn couch. There's the window.

It gets weirder. I was looking for a hard-to-find single on Youtube, "I Couldn't Sleep At All Last Night", and the only thing that came up at the time (this was 2007 or 2008), somebody posted a video of his apartment after he died. And there was the dark hallway, there was the couch and window and piles of shit, there was the mattress. It creeped me the hell out, kind of the same way deja-vu can creep you the hell out sometimes. I think the video got taken down.

So I really don't know what to think of all this. I've always loved the Ramones, but this sort of random unprompted insight was pretty fucking bizarre.

Last edited by Kitsa : Aug 29th, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I've tried that technique of putting in a request for dream topics, thinking about stuff I'd like to dream about before bed, and so on. Never worked for me.

Last year I had a weird set of dreams in which Joey Ramone was telling me I had to wear a certain necklace. I'm not big on jewelry and especially not necklaces, and from what I remember I told him it wouldn't be happening. But he kept showing up, and I finally said I didn't even know where the damn necklace was, I lost it several moves ago.

In response, he walked over to a storage bin, rummaged around in it, came up with a bag, came up with a box inside it, and there was the necklace. I remembered it when I woke up, and just out of curiosity I went to the same storage bin...there was the bag, there was the box, there was the necklace.

It was all too weird and I did wear the necklace for a while. You win, Joey Ramone.
It isn't all that weird. Joey is just the form your unconscious mind took to try to tell you what you already knew. If you lived in a different culture he might take the form of your totem animal or of a spirit being.

It isn't the necklace itself that is important. Its the symbolic significance it has to you that Joey was trying to convey. It means something to you that you may not be consciously aware of.

Why yes, I have been reading C.G. Jung recently, why do you ask?
Insane Writer
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM       
Kitsa, maybe you can channel the dead! That's awesome!

I just fell asleep while watching Tropic Thunder and I had some dream with all of the characters in it. The first part I remember was some Prince of Egypt-esque story where a man was in a romance with a Nefertiti-ish Egyptian Princess. To prevent a secret about him from getting out, she cast a spell on the entire palace which I thought at first put them to sleep for a long time but later I figured it killed them when I saw a lot of flies buzzing around.

The second part I remember weirdly had the Tropic Thunder cast shopping in a supermarket as they were on a journey to complete a mission of some sort. As they were in line, Jack Black's character kept asking Nick Nolte's character "Give me the hooks! I promise I won't put them on again". As they were checking out, RDJ's character noticed a bomb rigged to the cashier's telephone and Ben Stiller's character grabbed it and did a dramatic dive out of the shop.

Then it cut to Jack Black's character looking out of the window of a train doing some weird yelling to a person not there. It kept cutting back to stuff that previously happened, which I can't remember too well. But as I slept, the movie was at the part were there was the line "I'm a dude playing a dude who's disguised as another dude!", so that's the last thing I heard Jack Black shout before I woke up.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 05:41 PM       
If I can channel the dead, it begins and ends with Joey Ramone. And I'm not entirely sure why.
Insane Writer
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 08:49 PM       
Kindred spirits maybe? Perhaps he has a spiritual secret crush on you.

Or maybe it's some thing were you're the only person he actually can talk to. Like how Sam can only talk to Oda Mae in Ghost.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 08:55 PM       
That's an interesting theory.
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 11:33 PM       
Okay, it seems that all of my recent dreams somehow involve dogs. A while ago I dreamed that my dog twisted it's head around and screamed the word "souls" at me, then I dreamed that I was attacked by vicious dogs in wheelchairs, and last night I dreamed that the earth was invaded by dumpy bipedal dogs with flamethrowers and stomach-mounted machine-guns. I don't even like dogs that much.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 11:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Okay, it seems that all of my recent dreams somehow involve dogs. A while ago I dreamed that my dog twisted it's head around and screamed the word "souls" at me, then I dreamed that I was attacked by vicious dogs in wheelchairs, and last night I dreamed that the earth was invaded by dumpy bipedal dogs with flamethrowers and stomach-mounted machine-guns. I don't even like dogs that much.
Dreaming of vicious dogs usually symbolizes that you have problems with repressed anger.

Also, the image of a dog twisting its head around and screaming the word "SOULS!" is scary as fuck.
beautiful freak
Aimless is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 12:20 AM       
I had a dream that I was wearing wooly boots to school and I realized that it was leg hair and not actually boots.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 07:05 AM       
I had two related dreams last night. In one dream, I was Captain Peacock from Are You Being Served. I worked somewhere else, and the company was giving away ballet tickets as some sort of incentive. I got my tickets, but I was angry when I saw they'd put me in Row 2000-something. I fought for better tickets but they wouldn't let me change them. At the end of the dream I was climbing what was almost like a rock wall, except it was made of that porous ceiling tile with fingerholds instead of handholds. I'd just reached a doorway marked "ROWS 900-1000", meaning that I was way more than 1000 feet in the air. I had to let go of the fingerhold to try and get hold of the doorway and haul myself up. I missed and was falling backwards when I woke up.

I hate these falling dreams.

When I fell back asleep, I was myself again and climbing some bleachers. The bleachers seemed to go on forever and I don't think we could even see whatever was going on at the bottom. A guy I knew in sixth grade was sitting in my section, all grown up now. He told me he was going to India for an injection that would make him into a more patriotic American. I was trying to dissuade him. He had a brochure and everything, full of testimonials of people who had gotten the shot and were really patriotic now. He also had a set of weird velcro patches with slogans I didn't understand, but I put one on because I didn't want to offend him.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 10:58 AM       
This one can best be expressed in pictures. I dreamed I had a situation similar to this guy from Total Recall:

Insane Writer
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 12:12 PM       

What do you eat before you go to sleep at night?
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 01:20 PM       
Quaid start the reactor...
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 01:35 PM       
I think it was probably just a pregnancy-anxiety dream.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 03:21 PM       
Quato rocks.

What was your Quato like Kitsa?
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 05:23 PM       
Are we talking real or dream?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 05:28 PM       
Real? I was inquiring about your dream but if you had a real Quato....
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 07:08 PM       
Well, I am actually pregnant so I didn't know if you meant how's the "real life" Quato or what.

Basically the dream involved the baby being able to make gruesome faces and gestures through the skin of my abdomen. Quato was the closest approximation I could find to what it seemed like in the dream.
Insane Writer
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 07:50 PM       
Quote:
I think it was probably just a pregnancy-anxiety dream.
Ah, I didn't know that. Congratulations!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 09:12 PM       
Quote:
Well, I am actually pregnant [...]
Congratulations, Kit. I'll be thinking GOOD THOUGHTS, as I'm sure many else will too.

EDIT - and I think in the movie, he spelled his name with a "K" as in "Kuato" - Karma?
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 31st, 2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: I just thought of that.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 10:09 PM       
You're going to name this child after me, right?