Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 03:30 PM       
I always thought our meanness toward him was some kind of twisted display of affection.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 03:59 PM       
Man, we need the original clown around. It wouldn't be the same withought him. Don't go dying around on us, man.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 05:22 PM       
I'm not goona die, the Doc told me to drink lots of water, that way the body has to cycle through all the dissolved fluids in my heart (something along those lines)

Another interesting story fro the ER is about an hour befroe I left I was kicked out of my observaton room so they could take my gurney, put it beside another one so they could operate on some guy who got in a car crash. I told one of the scrubs that If her kicks to give me his heart. Damn those guys have no sense of huor.

And watch yourself Biggame over the second this ticker gets his shit togeather I will fight the shit out of you
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 05:54 PM       
I wouldn't of made jokes at a time like that arrowx, that's how john ritter died.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 07:02 PM       
I don't know much about ritalin or ADD. I think most people on it are just hyper kids. IMAGINE THAT HYPER KIDS NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE YOU FUCKING JACKASSES MAKE THEM GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY PROBLEM SOLVED.

No but seriously I don't really know anything about it and I doubt anyone else does either since most psychiatric medicine is given on the premise that they don't know how or why it works but they know that it helps but aren't exactly sure what it helps but still it helps right?
However I can make a few assumptions here that will probably be dead on:

First off, more than likely the child, mother and possibly father all have horrible nutritional habits. Considering add is a developmental disorder stemming from either genetic influence or, more than likely, enviromental factors this seems incredibly sound. Also, the usage of alcohol, nicotine and other drugs is known to increase the chances of ADD being inherited. So again, more examples of bad parenting from even before birth began, represented by poor nutrition and poor choice of drug usage.
Also ADD is supposed to be a problem with the dopamine transporters of the brain working too hard so the body can't produce enough dopamine before it gets taken away. To me this is quite hilarious, and I wonder what the effect of THC on an ADD person would be since I've heard cannibus increases the amount of dopamine in the brain. Another interesting note is the fact that dopamine is often considered the "Brain chemical", or the "Spiritual chemical" that guides us to enlightenment and meditative states. Obviously people with ADD don't have souls. Dopamine is also associated with the Third eye, more than likely due to it's effects on the pineal and pituatary glands(which are responsible for management of the brain, production of various hormones including melatonin and are considered to be a part of the third eye- mostly because the pineal supposedly activates through the pituatary).

Dopamine is considered by some to be responsible for feelings of pleasure and happiness, along with regulating many functions of the brain. Basically what the drugs you're taking do is supposedly restrict the dopamine transporters so they don't take it all away before it's even had a chance to effect the body. I'm sure there's tons of drugs that can do that, especially since pretty much any stimulant will do it.

"wow i didnt knew you could die with ritalin"

That's because you're an idiot, you can die from anything. Didn't you take a health class? Salt is toxic at high levels, and every medicine known to man is toxic. You can die from literally every pill or medicine on the market, and an excess of too much nutrients causes all kinds of problems. Too much calcium? What is that, kidney stones? The body is like a machine, would you use piss instead of oil?

"he Doc told me to drink lots of water"

You should drink lots of water all the time even when you aren't sick.

"we had the doctor take him off it after his stomach started bothering him all the time. but he hasn't found anything else that could help him get through the school day easily."

Try some other stimulants, there's lots of readily-available stimulants, like caffeine, although I have no idea if caffeine would have any effects. Pot would probably work, and you could probably get him on oral THC. I'd stick to the stimulants though since it apparantly has a recorded usage of stopping dopamine transporters. Even cocaine and amphetemines have worked on it. There's a few herbal stimulants like Kava kava and ephedra you might consider trying, just be careful, just because they are herbs doesn't mean they are good for you.

I'd feel weird reccomending a diet since ADD seems to be backwards because of an imbalance, but I'll look it up.

A few questions for you guys with ADD/ADHD:

Do you eat alot of sugars and processed food? (including anything with food dyes in it?)
Are you fat or overly skinny? In between?
What type of ADD do you have? Angry and irritable, inattentive and hyperactive, or the "Sluggish" type of ADD?

Your guys best bet is to repair your brains. There's something called, "Attentional Priority Disorder" and the people who coined the phrase have been researching how to get your brain to heal itself through diet and shit like that(specifically for the purpose of healing developmental behavioral disorders, like ADD and schizophrenia).
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 08:04 PM       
Add is just when the person isn't being stimulated enough and needs to be doing something in order to concentrate, thus getting distracted finding the stimulation and entirely defeating the point of trying ot find stimulation in the first place.

You were completely right, getting the kids out to play would solve a lot, since kids are becoming less and less stimulated these days with computers and shit (arrowx) the population of ADD kids is increasing at an equal rate as activity declines. This also solves the problem as to why most adults "grow" out of it, because they are finally forced to go in every direction at once and get the stimulation they need. Adult ADD ties into this in ways, but I am too tired to explain it, although I am sure you can figure it out by what I have just posted.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 09:12 PM       
Yea it makes alot of sense that the reason they have add is because they aren't stimulated so they need stimulants. MTV generation? I don't know, according to most of what I've read it's a more recent 'psychosis'(more like neurosis), but that could be due to changes in diet/enviroment, or simply social changes like you're suggesting.

Another reason why it might go away when you're an adult is because the brain is still developing up until then, that's why alot of schizophrenics go crazy in their teens to early 20's. There's also alot of hormonal changes at that time, and considering the fact that alot of this is related to important hormonal producing glands it makes it more plausible.

Also like I mentioned before this is an actual developmental problem and it's effects are often tied to nutrition and what type of drugs the mother injested while the child was in the womb. People smoking nicotine even increases the risk, and people with add are more likely to have add children, so I think it's possible that this is an actual problem with the brain being underdeveloped. However, both of the previous examples can both be coincidence without causation, as both of those factors could be passed on through social development.
I'm not so sure if it's the result of bad parenting in a social regard, even though the brain is sometimes considered to react physiologically to external stimuli. It really seems more likely that it's a developmental problem, which is also a result of bad parenting but not in the same way as previously mentioned.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 12:56 AM       
I don't need the ritalin anymore, Ive been taking in for the last 10 years and scoring shitty grades then I hit hishscool and started taking them only on days when I have exams and my marks are all in the 80% range, except bio, Fuck Bio and everythign that looks liek bio.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 01:33 AM       
See, I'm not sure how I should go about posting in this thread. I like for death to be an artistic expression of humor, as those of you who were around in 2003 will remember my zany misadventures. There's a line between good-humored levity and blatant disrespect, and I wouldn't want to cross it. I think it's interesting to ponder what kind of effect the I-Mockery community is going to have on this young lad as he grows up, and it moistens my eyes to think that I was roughly his age when I joined. Whatever it is for which he was born, I'm sure it's out there, and I would not dare to wish that he expire prematurely.

But seriously. Regard the following:

Notice the file name, "takethatyoubitch.jpg". Imagine the creator of this gem suffering a Ritalin-related death. Tragedies aside, you have to concede that the divine creator has a delicious sense of irony.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 01:41 AM       
It was actualy made to instult terra. Because at I never read the first post in that thread until actually posting tha timage.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 10:53 AM       
Well I wasn't "instulted" I actually thought it was funny.
I knew you were on something really ampy when you did that or at the very least, 12 years old.

Turns out you were both!
frunk as duck
Drunkenbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 12:52 PM        Re: I almost Died!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
So apparently during Biology class today my body had some kind of negative reacton to the Ritalin Ive been taking since grade 3 and decided the most logical course of action was to make my heart pre-beat every 10 seconds and boogey on up from a 60-50 bpm (I admit I'm not in the best of shape) but all the way upo to the 90-120 range. So now I have to wear some goddamned heart monitor thing for the next 24 hours.
Now I know what your mass message (Heart explosion) on live meant.

Alcoholism- The new fad in todays society. Dont be left out! Get a free "How to drink your way through life!" tape with 2 proofs of purchase with every 24 pack of Budweiser.TM or
Bud-lite.TM
XboxLiveTag-IXISilencerIXI