Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM       
Good game and outcome for the Twins. Congratulations, WR. Good luck against the Yanks!
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 10:05 PM       
Jeez, but that was a nail-biter. I'm still not ready to feel comfortable with "Light's out" Lidge in the game, but with 2 on and 2 out to get the K on one of Colorado's most dangerous hitters, ... well, I'm cautiously optimistic. Bring on the Dodgers.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM       
Am I the only one still interested in the baseball playoffs?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 10:31 PM       
No Yankees fans amonst us sports groupies? Now that's hard to believe!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM       
Tell that to the die-hards at work!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 03:39 PM       
And we have Cowboy fans here too! We call them cockroaches.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM       
I was so disgusted by the half-assed play put on by the Cardinals that I haven't paid attention to baseball since about the 7th inning of the game in which they were eliminated. They all looked completely lost and confused. They were way too good of a team to be so shitty for the last month. Good luck to everyone but the fucking Yankees.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky View Post
Good luck to everyone but the fucking Yankees.
See? Everyone hates the Yankees here, including me. But I earned my hatred honestly from back when there was just an east and west and the Tigers were looking up at them a lot
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM       
I hate all teams from Los Angeles and New York. It's part of my heritage.

Plus Dallas. Always Dallas.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky View Post
I was so disgusted by the half-assed play put on by the Cardinals that I haven't paid attention to baseball since about the 7th inning of the game in which they were eliminated.
I'm sorry for your loss, SS. I was pulling for them until the end - a Cards/Phils NLCS would have been AWESOME. Manny
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 12:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Am I the only one still interested in the baseball playoffs?
I'm still watching the postseasons even though the depleted red sox are out.. Couple of match ups in CLS are too good that it can't be missed.

I watched game 2 of NLCS. LA clearly didn't beat Phillies, The Phillies beat themselves especially late in the game. Their offense lacked consistency today against a former Philly whose era was 4.56. Nice to see Pedro back in top form although he's not the same Pedro of the old. He lacked speed but was more deceptive in his pitching sequences.

Yankees suck!! I have my reasons and it goes way back to the early 80's.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 10:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
Yankees suck!! I have my reasons and it goes way back to the early 80's.
You're a Sox fan - it's in your blood.

My big takeaway from game 1 was that Pedro Martinez can still pitch. How does that taste, Omar? (EB - what's the word from the Big Apple? Does Omar fear for his livelihood? For your sake, I hope so.)
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 19th, 2009, 11:56 PM       
Holy Jesus Christ. Do you think they could have made that one any more exciting? Makes up for last night.

JRoll!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 04:48 AM       
The Angels victory was also exciting. I especially loved the 8th inning baserunning goof by Bobby Abreu.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 10:52 PM       
As long as the Phils score more runs than the Dodgers, I don't give a rat's ass.

Chan Ho Park looks fired up.

EDIT: Last count is 6, with Victorino's 2 run dinger in the bottom of the 6th.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 11:50 PM       
7 homers in all, not including Victorino's ground rule double that would have been a homer were it not for some bonehead in right-center field.

Ugliest game I've ever seen to end a playoff series. But I'll take it.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 05:13 AM       
Back to the Bronx for game 6. Can the Angels stage a "Sox-worthy" comeback?
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 08:58 AM       
I hope so. I'm hoping for a repeat of 2004 alcs. The angels-yanks series has been so fucking tedious for number of reasons. A lot of close games, too many bad calls by umps (ie. the now infamous call at third that should've been a double play), and I want the yankees to lose. I'm actually excited for the phillies. Given that the angels lose, the phillies is a team that's most definitely capable of embarrassing the yankees cuz that's the only thing I want out of this postseason.