Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM        Day of the Dead
I had the opportunity to see an advance screening of Day of the Dead. For anyone looking forward to seeing it, do not get you hopes up. I was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the dumbest zombie movie in the history of cinema. This coming from a person who has seen a hell of a lot of bargain basement zombie productions.

It was just insulting on every possible level and dumber than dirt.

I'm not going to go into specifics or spoilers, I'll wait at least until it is available to the general public, but...wow....be forewarned.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM       
But Nick Cannon is attached!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM       
This was the remake of day of the dead?

That was very funny. Well done.
Ringmonster
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 10:55 PM       
Ya, barely. A few things are slightly lifted. There are army guys, an underground bunker and a zombie named Bud. But I'm not judging it on that fact alone. As a remake it failed. As a zombie movie - epic fail!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 02:38 AM       
so is day of the dead but crappy?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 04:17 AM       
yes, it is butt crappy
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 05:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
It was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the dumbest zombie movie in the history of cinema.
ABSOLUTELY.

I actually saw this early last year and we were ranting the entire time. There's a goddamned Spider-Man zombie crawling on the fucking walls. It was so awful and doesn't deserve a theatrical release, let alone a video one.

AVOID.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 05:13 AM       
So when can we expect a "Greatest Horror Movie Moments" article for this one?

edit: Does anyone have a list of all the horror movies they'd remade in the past decade or so? I remember seeing one awhile ago and being disgusted at how many there were and the fact that about 95% of them were total shit.

Space Case
Blaster Atoms is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 02:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I actually saw this early last year and we were ranting the entire time. There's a goddamned Spider-Man zombie crawling on the fucking walls.
Wait, that sounds more hilarious than awful.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 02:46 PM       
Was it just a zombie that was crawling around or are we talking about a zombie that was once spiderman?
Ringmonster
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM       
You mean, like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeCrld6n8N0
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 04:06 PM       
that was fucking awesome
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:12 PM       
lol

I loved the remake of Dawn of the Dead (then again, that was my favorite of the original series...that damn nurse zombie was everywhere). It lured me into believing that Land of the Dead might be okay. Bah, ptooey. Awful. At least I thought so.

I loved the innovation of fast zombies that happened around that time. 28 Days Later was getting there (but with too much sped-up shakycam), but DOTD absolutely nailed it. I went into Land of the Dead expecting more of the same, but they were all shambling along. What the hell happened? Did their zombie-crack wear off?

If this is more shufflers, I want no part of it.
The Wolf
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:38 PM       
Um.. Romero = classic zombies. Those are the best ones. I'm not gonna get into this argument though.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM       
28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later was just a bunch of crazy people. They weren't zombies and could starve to death.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:32 PM       
Zomboid: I know that they weren't proper zombies. Classic Romero zombies are shamblers, and classic Savini blood looks like watered-down pink pudding, and that's just how it is. It's its own thing. You can swirl it in your snifter and breathe in the bouquet, and that's fine, but a changeup every once in a while can be interesting.

I'm saying, I liked the novelty of fast zombies. If we're gonna go with the "virus" theory...and didn't The Zombie Survival Guide go for "Solanum", even with the shamblers?...it might as well be a turbo Rabies variety every once in a while. It was entertaining. I particularly liked in the "neighborhood overrun" scene at the beginning of the Dawn remake when that one unsuspecting extra got sacked by a running zombie.

Fathom Zero: 28 Days later had its flaws (red contacts equals infected, we get it) , and I thought 28 Weeks Later was outright shit.
Ringmonster
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I went into Land of the Dead expecting more of the same, but they were all shambling along. What the hell happened? Did their zombie-crack wear off?
The remakes do not take place within the Romero Universe, that's why. Like Return and those spin-offs.

I don't like the fast zombies. I like my zombies as reanimated dead, not virus-stricken crazies.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM       
I read this thread last night and for some reason thought it was about "Diary of the Dead" and I got confused.
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 10:28 PM       
I keep thinking this is about Diary of the Dead too. I didn't even hear about this remake.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM       
I thought the idea of running zombies was pretty scary, but the remake of Dawn of the Dead was pretty "blaaaaaah" compared to the original, and the concept wasn't enough for the film to live up to the original. I just wanna say that none of these remakes of Romero's "Dead" films were neccesary.
Zombie Basher
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 11:26 PM       
Running zombies is more of a OH SHIT WHAT THE FU- and then you die kind of scary. The hordes of slow, mindless zombies are more of a psychological fear, because they never stop, and you have time to stop and realize this. Fast zombies kill you too quickly.
Space Case
Blaster Atoms is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 04:55 AM       
Wait, didn't Romero actually do the remakes? I'd think that would make them his universe too...
Zombie Basher
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 08:53 AM       
Maybe he just wanted a change of pace, or was just putzing around with new ideas to see what would happen.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 10:16 AM       
Romero was not involved with the remakes.

Last edited by Girl Drink Drunk : Mar 31st, 2008 at 11:32 AM.
The Wolf
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 04:28 PM       
I think he might've been a producer on Savini's remake of Night of the Living Dead in the early 90s, but yeah, that's about it.

Speaking of which, I didn't mind that one because it was made by someone who knows Romero pretty well and overall he stayed pretty faithful to the original. It wasn't the greatest, but it was enjoyable.