Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 08:09 AM        Pyrokinesis
Watching it right now. It's actually a pretty good movie.

It's a Japanese movie about a girl with the ability to start fires with her mind. I don't exactly know what to say that wouldn't be a spoiler, but it's pretty cool so far.

Anyone else ever see it?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 12:42 AM       
Bump.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 12:48 AM       
that sounds like the 80's movie Firestarter with Drew Barrymore.
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 01:00 AM       
Have you seen the part where she switches the school's water supply with ex-lax?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 06:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE
that sounds like the 80's movie Firestarter with Drew Barrymore.
I still can't believe they made a direct-to-video sequel of that a couple years ago.

To potentially spoil the movie, the girl ends up using her powers to fight crime, sort of. It's good.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 11:25 AM       
Yeah Pyrokinesis came on twice last night. It was pretty cool. I like it more than Firestarter.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 12:33 PM       
Sounds good to me. I like Firestarter, so I might have to give this a try.

I wish I had pyrokinesis
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 07:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I still can't believe they made a direct-to-video sequel of that a couple years ago.

To potentially spoil the movie, the girl ends up using her powers to fight crime, sort of. It's good.
does drew barrymore still play the girl?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 01:33 AM       
NOPE

I have a feeling withing the nect few post this will turn into a What would you do if you had pyrokenisis thread

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 02:39 AM       
first i would murder you
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 11:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God
Yeah Pyrokinesis came on twice last night. It was pretty cool. I like it more than Firestarter.
Glad someone else saw it. If anyone has Showtime Beyond, that's the channel to catch it on.

It was definitely a very interesting movie. Pacing seemed a little off, and I would have liked to had a bit more backstory to the woman's growing up with these powers, but it was pretty good. It felt like a superhero film, minus the superhero part of the wild action. And it also felt like it could have been part of a bigger story.

One thing that really confused me though. At the very end, when
Quote:
The police chief catches on fire, and the lady cop says "You're doing it, aren't you," was she talking to her partner? It seemed like she was, because it was in response to something he said. So did he have pyrokinetic powers too?
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 09:00 PM       
Years ago I saw a movie called Wilder Napalm about two brothers with special fire magic. Eh.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 03:44 PM       
It gave a verbal background about what happened to her growing up, though I'd like to know what that cop's brother did to her to make her burn him. Definitely Showtime Beyond is awesome for the most part, I like the old weird movies they show. Killer channel, killer movie.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 06:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God
It gave a verbal background about what happened to her growing up, though I'd like to know what that cop's brother did to her to make her burn him.
He tried to kill her. The cop says his brother used to slaughter small animals for fun (in a starting serial killer fashion), and he was probably planning on killing her.
Egg
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:18 PM       
Ok, I caught the part about the animal thing but I didn't know if it was like that or what. Killer. It'll come on again soon, You know how that channel runs.