Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM       
Zelda turned 25 today, so I'm playing Link to the Past because it's the best Zelda and anyone who disagrees is gay or something unless they want to argue that Majora's Mask is the best in which case we would agree to disagree like gentlemen

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 10:55 PM       
OoT
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:30 PM       
Destructoid's doing a livecast of a Spy Fiction playthrough

http://justin.tv/destructoid
Forum Virgin
darkkitten is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:14 AM       
Im playing Prototype on the X-Box 360
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:57 AM       
Is Prototype any fun?
I finally picked up MvsC3 on Friday and played it all weekend. Also playing around with Inside A Star-Filled Sky.
has a woody
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 01:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
OoT
Sure, if you like a blurry version of LttP

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Destructoid's doing a livecast of a Spy Fiction playthrough

http://justin.tv/destructoid
There were so many irritating bits in that game, like the bizarre eavesdropping mechanic, and the finicky chokeout mechanic, and the awful combat. Stealth was interesting, though.

Edit: so I subconciously wrote "awesome" instead of "awful" combat, so maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember.

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Feb 22nd, 2011 at 04:13 PM.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 01:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
Is Prototype any fun?
I finally picked up MvsC3 on Friday and played it all weekend. Also playing around with Inside A Star-Filled Sky.
Prototype is pretty fun up until the end when it becomes rage inducing. I didn't pay attention to any of the story, so I can't comment on it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Zelda turned 25 today, so I'm playing Link to the Past because it's the best Zelda and anyone who disagrees is gay or something unless they want to argue that Majora's Mask is the best in which case we would agree to disagree like gentlemen

LINKS AWAKENING. THE B&W VERSION.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 10:33 PM       
So I went to play some of my old PC games since I was feeling nostalgic, but I've given up in fury.

Lost Total Annihilation.

Lost the CD keys for Supreme Commander.

Lost Dark Reign and am rubbish at computers so I can't download it or anything like that.

Red Alert 2 disc is scratched or broken or whatever; starts to run then just stops.

I hate the world.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM       
with like 20 minutes of dicking around you could probably figure out how to download a torrent and use it. total annhilation would probably take like five minutes to download :O :O well maybe in hour in australia

google Supreme Commander cd key or contact the company if you made like a username to play online i dunno how that one works.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:44 PM       
You need a photo of your receipt or of the box. If I had the box the CD key would be inside so I wouldn't be in this problem, and I don't have a receipt. Nor do I have the energy to ring up the company and organise all that shit.

I did look around for torrents and shite but I got bored.

Turns out Medieval 2 Total War will work with 1111-1111-1111-1111 as the CD key, which is awesome.

I'm now playing Total War.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:50 PM       
i have total annihilation around here somewhere, i should see if it still works
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 12:26 AM       
i have a torrent search engine attached on my firefox browser

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 01:57 AM       
So I got Bulletstorm for the PC. Stand by for some sort of review, I guess.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 03:01 AM       
Got it for PS3 yesterday and played the first chapter. Doesn´t look very good and tears a bit but it´s a fun little game. I especially like that you have a use for your points in the campaign (you buy ammo, charge-ammo and upgrades with them).

In terms of story, the game is über-stupid but I like that somehow. Doesn´t take itself very serious which is a good thing. kicking people into cacti and screaming fuck and dick at the top of your lungs is not exactly highlevel poetry...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 03:51 AM       
I think it's a beautiful game. It's as good-looking to me as Bioshock is. No mystery why, though - they're both very colorful and run on the same engine.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM       
In Act 2. Best game dialogue ever. Waggleton P. Tallylicker.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 06:06 PM       
Borderlands. Never played it, 'cause it didn't seem too interesting. A friend of mine kept bugging me about it, so I went ahead and bought it. Been playing it in co-op mode and I must admit that this game is totally radical. It's basically just Diablo in first person mode and post-apocalyptic scenery, but then again, I fucking love Diablo.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:01 PM       
Also been re-playing Zelda a bit. I realized the other day that my opinion on Zelda is pretty much "It's the Star Wars of video games," by which I mean "I feel so bad about comparing these games to anything else because I love them so goddamn much that they will always win." Not to mention the way both serieses boil down the essential tropes of their respective genres and then inflate them to ridiculously iconic levels, and how they got pretty horrible all of a sudden. Zelda's even got its own equivalent to the Holiday Special, the CD-i games.

I haven't played any of the handheld games past Oracles, despite owning all three. Capcom doesn't do Zelda very well.

Although I could be mixed up in thinking they did the two DS games, maybe I'll give those a shot. Here's hoping they don't fuck Skyward Sword up as badly as Twilight Princess.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 12:22 AM       
Oddly enough, I just started playing the Oracles. Finished up Seasons yesterday and decided to give Ages a go. I don't think they are 'fantastic' but they are enjoyable enough. The Roc's Cape is a stupid item though.

Also this is coming from someone who has only played through less than half of Link's Awakening so I can't compare it to anything else really.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 01:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
with like 20 minutes of dicking around you could probably figure out how to download a torrent and use it. total annhilation would probably take like five minutes to download :O :O well maybe in hour in australia

google Supreme Commander cd key or contact the company if you made like a username to play online i dunno how that one works.
Nice thing abut this is that there are plenty of torrents that include every add-on pack ever, official and fan-made

Problem is no more online play, which is turrible. The game ran silky-smooth on the laptop I had before I had to trade up for a macbook, no matter how much madness was hordeing up the screen... some guys did some sort of downloadable online-only version or something, though. Not sure if that's still going or what
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 01:12 AM       
Actually, I can see if I still HAVE my torrented ultra-everything-copy on my old high-school external hard drive; I'll put it up if I do. Most of the fan-made units were redundant as hell/useless, but some of them were really fun and game-changing
has a woody
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 01:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Also been re-playing Zelda a bit. I realized the other day that my opinion on Zelda is pretty much "It's the Star Wars of video games," by which I mean "I feel so bad about comparing these games to anything else because I love them so goddamn much that they will always win." Not to mention the way both serieses boil down the essential tropes of their respective genres and then inflate them to ridiculously iconic levels, and how they got pretty horrible all of a sudden. Zelda's even got its own equivalent to the Holiday Special, the CD-i games.

I haven't played any of the handheld games past Oracles, despite owning all three. Capcom doesn't do Zelda very well.

Although I could be mixed up in thinking they did the two DS games, maybe I'll give those a shot. Here's hoping they don't fuck Skyward Sword up as badly as Twilight Princess.
Aw, I liked the GB and GBA games. Especially Four Swords. That shit was awesome.

As for the DS games...they're Nintendo made, but Phantom Hourglass is pretty shit. Only one good puzzle (wasn't even in a dungeon :T) and the rest of it was just a less interesting Wind Waker crammed into a tech demo. Spirit Tracks won me over though. The Zelda partner mechanic gets really cool later on, the puzzles are a little better, the writing is actually pretty funny a few times, and the whole game is just more fun.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 06:58 AM       
To me both DS-Zeldas are shit. Phantom Hourglass was just annoying with that fucking temple and uninspired and Spirit Tracks was boring as hell but what can you expect if your main activity is waiting for your stupid train to get where you need to be while you move on linear paths...

My favorite Zelda is and will always be A Link to the past. Still gotta play Majora´s Mask though but I´m afraid that the fuck-ugly graphics will hinder my experience, it´s what happened when I tried playing OoT a few years ago...Many N64 games are among the most ugly pieces of shit I´ve ever seen.