Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 08:53 AM        The Olympics
Haven't seen much yet about the Olympics other than the new coke cans, but thought I would slot us a thread for it so we can talk Olympics.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 02:51 PM       
I'm drinking a Russian one right now, spelled out Koka-Kola. Are Tobias and Boon from Russia?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM       
I fucking hate China. How's that?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I fucking hate China. How's that?
Vaguely Olympic related, but it counts. So good on ya!
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:23 PM       
I don't think anyone I've ever met gives a shit about the Olympics, and who can blame them.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:30 PM       
New Zealand thinks it's a big deal, but then we've only got the population of a large town. It takes half the nation just to front a single team.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I don't think anyone I've ever met gives a shit about the Olympics, and who can blame them.
It seems that way. But there will at least be something that happens that will be topic worthy, there always is.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:48 AM       
I've always enjoyed the summer olympics. It's fun to watch different countries duke it out but I mainly watch for the track and field events. By the way, Justin Wariner is a god (oh please please don't be on roids!).
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
By the way, Justin Wariner is a god (oh please please don't be on roids!).
I hope you are referring to Jeremy Wariner - Justin Gatlin is already alleged to have used PED's.

No matter, China will win all the gold medals. And most of the silver and bronze, too.
You may already be there.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I hope you are referring to Jeremy Wariner - Justin Gatlin is already alleged to have used PED's.

No matter, China will win all the gold medals. And most of the silver and bronze, too.
Oops, I meant Jeremy.

Do you mean China will win the track and field medals or just the whole shebang in general?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:21 PM       
Quote:
Oops, I meant Jeremy.

Do you mean China will win the track and field medals or just the whole shebang in general?
Well they are used to breathing the pure black soot in the air there that L.A. thinks is jacked up
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:42 PM       
I like the haka. I would pay more attention to the Olympics if the haka were incorporated into every sport.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 09:36 PM       
A lot of people here think the haka is overplayed and that it's lost it's effect because of it.
Quote:
Nine players from the United States gold medal winning women's football team from four years ago have made the 18-strong squad for the Beijing Games.
The United States is in the same group as New Zealand, Norway and Japan.
Co-captains Christie Rampone and Kate Markgraf will both be participating in their third Olympic Games while striker Abby Wambach, who grabbed the winning goal in extra-time in the Athens Olympic final against Brazil, is also included.
Well, that fucks NZ's hopes justs a bit more.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 09:41 PM       
I'm not going to watch this one, either.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:09 PM       
Quote:
Why should they stop at track and field? Shooting, Power Walking, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Team Handball and Synchronized Swimming - they award medals for these too. And the gold is just as bright and shiny.

I'm just envisioning a propaganda-fest much like the world has not seen since the '36 Olympics in Berlin.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:11 PM       
I like the Kama-Te haka but not the others. I wish they'd pick one and stick with it. I remember one I watched that was really effective (against South Africa, I think? Are they the Springboks?) but a lot of times everyone just sort of stands and lets them get it over with.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Well they are used to breathing the pure black soot in the air there that L.A. thinks is jacked up
Not to worry; they'll be shutting down all industry within a 50 kilometer radius of Beijing about a month prior to the start of the games, so the air is pure and clean for the TV cameras, then go back to poisoning their people.

Yes, a GREEN Olympics, indeed.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:25 PM       
I read an article a few months ago about how Bush didn't want the U.S. to compete in the Olympics because he doesn't like how China treats other human beings(i.e. Tibetans). Ridiculous.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 11:36 PM       
US Men's Baxetball roster:

(PG) Chris Paul
(SG) Kobe Bryant
(SF) LeBron James
(PF) Carlos Boozer
(C) Dwight Howard
(PG) Jason Kidd
(PG) Deron Williams
(SG) Dwayne Wade
(SG) Michael Redd
(SF) Carmelo Anthony
(SF) Tayshaun Prince
(PF) Chris Bosh
Coach: Mike Krzyzewski

Gold medal or I'm never posting here again.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 07:14 AM       
Ouch. Average margin of victory in all games better be >20 pts. No losses allowed.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:54 PM       
I think USA BB has woken up to the idea that speed and ball-handling trumps shot-blocking and filling the lane. THey got trounced in Athens, losing 3 games in "winning" the bronze medal. This team is smaller, quicker, and with loads of outside shooting capability. Plus Bosh and Boozer can fill in at center if necessary.

Just a thought.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM       
The Colonel nailed it on the head. The international game doesn't have many lumbering big men to duke it out in the paint. It's a quick game that relies pretty much on it's shooters.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 10:30 PM       
I just read a sports column in the local rag stating the opinion, in part, "Who cares what USA basketball does in the Olympics?" His point was that the pro players are cheapening the Olympic Ideal - they don't stay in the village, they wear their own sponsor's clothes, they sign autographs for money, etc. etc.

To that I say "Screw You, and the Horse you rode in on!"

I want to see team USA crush the international competition at their own game. Not for any nationalistic fervor, but rather to showcase the NBA as the collection of the best basketball players in the world.

What do y'all think? Am I full of shit?
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 10:39 PM       
Hell no, you're right on the money. I want to watch the NBA players destroy everyone else but more for the claim that the US has the best basketball players on the planet. It's an embarrassment to finish third with 2nd/3rd tier talent. I wonder if countries like Argentina think that they can actually beat America's best (when I say best I'm talking KG, Kobe, LeBron, Amare, etc.).